So I rewatched Dragon Ball GT

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: So I rewatched Dragon Ball GT

Post by PFM18 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:46 pm

ricky84 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:Both GT and DBS ruined Vegeta in different way.

GT Vegeta was useless but had best character development that actually followed Buu saga
DBS Vegeta is much more useful and has more spotlight, but personality-wise he is trash and very often behaves like his Cell saga self.
At no point does DBS Vegeta ever actually do or say anything like his Cell saga self. I don't know why people keep making this retarded comparison when any honest look into the series shows that it is false.
I think people just oversimplify things and associate Vegetas cockiness in Super with his Cell arc characterization. Of course, they must not understand that his cockiness is just a staple of his character and GT not displaying that aspect of his character is just another failure on their part.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:11 pm

ABED wrote:So what, it's his story. Pan contributes in ways that aren't about her power. Even when other fighters were "relevant" they were often just sacrificial pawns waiting for Goku to show up.
It's a fighting series where Z and Super has given other characters a chance to do something of relevance.

In GT that never happened, Pan and Trunks were the other two main characters and they did nothing of any real importance. Gohan had a couple fights, the only one of any significance being the one against Vegeta. Buu did nothing. Krillin, Tien and Yamcha did nothing. Majuub had one fight with Baby and then he was useless.

So it was only Vegeta that had anything to do and even then barely, at the very end.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Bullza wrote:
ABED wrote:So what, it's his story. Pan contributes in ways that aren't about her power. Even when other fighters were "relevant" they were often just sacrificial pawns waiting for Goku to show up.
It's a fighting series where Z and Super has given other characters a chance to do something of relevance.

In GT that never happened, Pan and Trunks were the other two main characters and they did nothing of any real importance. Gohan had a couple fights, the only one of any significance being the one against Vegeta. Buu did nothing. Krillin, Tien and Yamcha did nothing. Majuub had one fight with Baby and then he was useless.

So it was only Vegeta that had anything to do and even then barely, at the very end.
"Of relevance" is vague. What do you consider relevant actions? Trunks being the tech guy of the team, Giru being the radar, and Pan helping out every now and then is plenty relevant. Even in a fighting series, fighting isn't the only thing of relevance.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:15 pm

ABED wrote:"Of relevance" is vague. What do you consider relevant actions? Trunks being the tech guy of the team, Giru being the radar, and Pan helping out every now and then is plenty relevant. Even in a fighting series, fighting isn't the only thing of relevance.
But even then that level of relevance faded by the time they got back to Earth. Trunks began to appear less and less as did Giru. Only Pan stuck around and she didn't help out that much except for getting Goku to come to his senses.

Still, Goku, Pan, Trunks in the beginning, Vegeta in the end is mainly it. Piccolo I forgot him, he also barely did anything, he helped Goku escape He'll and that's it.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:41 pm

Bullza wrote:
ABED wrote:"Of relevance" is vague. What do you consider relevant actions? Trunks being the tech guy of the team, Giru being the radar, and Pan helping out every now and then is plenty relevant. Even in a fighting series, fighting isn't the only thing of relevance.
But even then that level of relevance faded by the time they got back to Earth. Trunks began to appear less and less as did Giru. Only Pan stuck around and she didn't help out that much except for getting Goku to come to his senses.

Still, Goku, Pan, Trunks in the beginning, Vegeta in the end is mainly it. Piccolo I forgot him, he also barely did anything, he helped Goku escape He'll and that's it.
Giru helped out in the first arc and the last arc.

I'd rather they have that kind of relevance and go into the background when they aren't being used instead of being around and taking up screen time or just acting as sacrificial pawns waiting around for Goku to arrive.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:34 pm

ABED wrote:or just acting as sacrificial pawns waiting around for Goku to arrive.
Well that is what happened in GT in the Super 17 Saga anyway. That did happen in the first two Sagas of Super but not the last three.

supersaiyamangod
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyamangod » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:56 pm

I thought of something that would have improved the baby saga instead of being only tuffle he had saiyan dna in him that way vegeta wouldn’t have been possessed having him be a bigger part of the baby saga.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:04 pm

This thread was four years old and the people you're responding to are not here anymore -- please do not necropost.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::