So I rewatched Dragon Ball GT

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: So I rewatched Dragon Ball GT

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:31 am

sintzu wrote:I just finished episode 30 and...I'm done. EP30 was the worst and most cringe worthy thing I've ever seen. This show is just boring with every potential great idea or moment being wasted in favor of the worst execution and fight choreography. I really went into this with a positive and open mind but so far it's been one disappointment after another. Ssj4 is truly the only saving grace this show has and without it I honestly don't think it'll qualify for a 1 out of 10 rating as its done nothing right besides it. I know that's not the most fair thing to say about something I haven't finished but with what I saw and what I know about what comes later on... :sick:. I might finish it up sometime down the road (an episode here and there) but as things stand I highly, highly doubt my opinion will change about it which is very unfortunate because I've defended GT a lot in the past and even recently but my memory from 10 years ago was clearly not accurate.

I've complained countless times about Super but compared to GT it's a 10 out of 10 masterpiece which says a lot about GT's lack of quality as Super itself is very flawed, both in comparison to the original 2 anime and other franchises.
I mean to be fair the Baby arc is pretty good overall and Baby is a pretty darn good villain. I have been re-watching the series since December and I intend to go from episode 1 of DB,through DBZ, to episode 131 of DBS. And frankly, I am at the episode where Buutenks is beating the crap out of Gohan and at this point the arc feels like it has taken forever and I just can't wait it to end. Buu is just such an awful villain. That scene where he tricked Gohan/Gotenks and the part where he befriends Satan are probably the only interesting things he does. The point is I think Baby is a better villain than Buu and is just so much more interesting and nuanced. Combine the obnoxiously long length, Vegeta's unnatural "development", and Buu being the worst villain in the franchise not including movies, and you have an arc that is inferior to the Baby Arc imo. Atleast the Baby Arc calls back to Saiyan heritage and punishes them for their actions etc, the Buu Arc doesn't know when to end and it boils down to fighting a pink blob that has no personality whatsoever.

I generally agree that GT is pretty awful overall, but to say it is a 1 out of 10 outside of SSJ4 is a bit harsh. It isn't THAT bad. It is pretty bad, but not horrendous.

As far as Super being flawed. I think it has two of the top tier arcs in the franchise to me alongside Piccolo Daimao, Namek, and Cell Arcs. Sure it's flawed but not much if any more flawed than the rest of DB.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:28 pm

sintzu wrote: Toriyama said in an interview (that you can fine in the translation section) that he made those GT designs based on what was asked of him from Toei's staff so that Vegeta design was most likely what they asked him to design. It's also known that they changed it because Toriyama's daughter (or someone related to him) told Toei it looked ugly.
Thanks for that tidbid of information mate I didn't know that cheers lol

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:28 pm

PFM18 wrote:I am at the episode where Buutenks is beating the crap out of Gohan and at this point the arc feels like it has taken forever and I just can't wait it to end.

I generally agree that GT is pretty awful overall, but to say it is a 1 out of 10 outside of SSJ4 is a bit harsh.
That's why I love Kai. It has its flaws but at least it doesn't drag as much as Z did. I just finished it and DB and generally speaking the both have the same pacing.

Baby overall was a good villain, my problem with him is the same as the rest of GT, the execution. We're told Baby wants to get his people and planet back after the Saiyans destroyed it which was a great change as it makes the heroes look like the bad guys for once and the villain isn't just evil for the fun of it, if you can even call him evil. The problem is that everything we were told and shown was wasted when Baby decided to leave his people behind once Goku beat him, by doing that he just ended up being another bad guy. I know 1 out of 10 seems too low and maybe it is but what else can I give it when the only thing it did right was Ssj4 ? even if I did find a few other things it didn't completely waste it'd get a 3 at most which isn't much better.
Last edited by sintzu on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:32 pm

I don't think 10 years of constant airing leads to a little fatigue.
The problem is that everything we were told and shown was wasted when Baby decided to leave his people behind once Goku beat him, by doing that he just ended up being another bad guy.
Do you mean "once HE beat Goku"? And what are you referring to when you say he decided to leave his people behind?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:34 pm

ABED wrote:I don't think 10 years of constant airing leads to a little fatigue.
The problem is that everything we were told and shown was wasted when Baby decided to leave his people behind once Goku beat him, by doing that he just ended up being another bad guy.
Do you mean "once HE beat Goku"? And what are you referring to when you say he decided to leave his people behind?
After Goku forced him out of Vegeta he tried to leave the planet before being blasted into the sun.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:36 pm

He lost. What else is a villain supposed to do? They aren't really "his people". He has them mind controlled.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:22 pm

ABED wrote:He lost. What else is a villain supposed to do ?
Tell Goku to kill him like how the Saiyans killed his people.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:50 pm

sintzu wrote:
ABED wrote:He lost. What else is a villain supposed to do ?
Tell Goku to kill him like how the Saiyans killed his people.
That's fine and all, but Goku's not the type of character who would feel one ounce of remorse for killing him given what he did, nor does it make Baby more right by defiantly telling Goku to kill him, so I feel whatever dramatic impact that moment is supposed to have is gone.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:50 pm

ABED wrote:GT wasn't a good series, but the series suffered big time from coming straight off of DBZ which was already sufferering from audience exhaustion. DB had been on air for nearly a decade straight and the manga even longer. It's hard to say with certainty that GT wouldn't have gotten a similar reception that Super has if it came after a two decade long break.
That is right. People can't seriously believe that Super would last 131 episodes if it was made instead of GT with things like Golden Frieza appearing at the very start. It would be cancelled in instant and would be shorter than GT was. Not to mention those sagas being movie retellings. There is no way people would like that in 97.
DBS has much easier way because it started 18 years after last series, also Toriyama was involved in it which also makes people more hyped and MUCH more forgiving.
sintzu wrote:The problem is that everything we were told and shown was wasted when Baby decided to leave his people behind once Goku beat him, by doing that he just ended up being another bad guy.
Well, none of them were really Tuffles so it's not like he abandoned his race. They were still earthlings and saiyans just with Tuffle mentality.
It's hard to call that lose as a lose to Tuffles race. Besides, Goku and othrers already started to heal people with sacred water.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:00 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:Calling it a rehash because it tries to be in the DB and Z spirit at times is dishonest IMO, Super brought tons of new stuff on the table by expanding the lore and introducing new characters with unique abilities lol
First two arcs were quite literally rehashes of material we'd seen as little as a few months earlier.
Disregarding those, we have...
  • A tournament arc that does nothing that hadn't already been done before -- bunch of guys, most of whom have some kind of unique gimmick, who fight the protagonists for an episode or two in which the full extent of what their gimmick means in a fight can be explored, and eventually countered;
  • The return of Trunks fighting a doppelganger of Goku who acts nothing like him but is really strong and aims to destroy the world in a plot that basically combines the Piccolo Daimao and Androids arcs together, but without any of the subversive twists that made them major game-changers for the series at the time;
  • Another tournament, which tries to bring something new to the table by introducing Dragon Ball's ~15th villain whose only real innovation is "Stronger than everyone else", and its fourth or fifth where the way of defeating him is bringing in a new form(Sorry, did I say a new form? I meant two. And of course, there is that third one that looks very familiar...).
Again, I'm not criticising the series here, believe it or not. This is a perfectly valid way to make a follow-up to a beloved work; Star Wars did it exceptionally well with The Force Awakens, and I can praise that film to no end.
PsionicWarrior wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:That's what happens when Toriyama works on DB
Please do not forget Toriyama ALSO created the whole DB to begin with and if side products are being created is only because it was a hit first cheers lol
It is a rather different situation, though. Unlike DB and Z, Toriyama wasn't directly putting the story out himself, he just writes an outline, lets Toei deal with it, then collaborates with Toyotaro to create the manga version. In the original run, if there was something that didn't pan out as well as he thought it would when it's actually committed to the page, he could just twist it around, subvert it, or otherwise refocus things to get around the issue. It also helps that back then, he would basically just write things as he came up with them, allowing him to totally change the direction the story is going in without compromising any plans he had going. Toei would then adapt whatever was going on into an anime. With Super, he just hands in his overall plot in full, and Toei have to figure out how to make it work.
sintzu wrote:Both are the next chapter of the story and both tried to cater to fans who liked the original. The real difference between the 2 is that one failed while the other succeeded. I don't know how you can watch GT's 1st episodes and say it's original when it not only tried to recapture the feel of early DB but it also did the same gags.
About half of the first 8 or 10 episodes basically were a return to the roots of the franchise, which didn't really work out so well. They didn't have Toriyama writing the stories, so the Toriyama-esque episodes early on didn't come off well at all. However, some of that material -- Imegga, in particular -- showed what the series would evolve into just a few episodes later when things moved to M-2, where new stories would be told in a very different style and way to what had come before would take place.
So, yes, the very early portion of GT was derivative, but that pointedly didn't work, so they switched things over and did stuff like the Luud cult, M-2, and very soon, the entire Baby storyline.
Judging the entire series based on this early period where they were just finding their feet is rather foolish, though. It would be like judging Star Trek: The Next Generation based on its first season, and as any fan will tell you, season 1 of TNG is crap, and doesn't represent the show itself at all; judging it based on this early period where the show was still floundering to find its niche is a monumentally bad idea.
Take note of the fact that when I criticise Super, while I will take pot shots at the first two arcs, which were literally just rehashes of the two movies everyone had already seen only a few months prior, I don't really judge the series on much else than the U6, Black, and ToP arcs.
sintzu wrote:What did GT do differently ? It tried to recapture what early DB did and when that failed it tried to recapture what mid-late DB & Z did which also failed. The only reason it ended was because it was dead on arrival and that was the only thing it could do. Not only is Super a very healthy brand name but it also skyrocketed the franchise to heights I don't think it reached even during the original manga's run. If GT was that successful it wouldn't have ended cancelled after a year and a half.
GT did a lot differently. Imegga, Luud, and M-2 all have a pulpy space adventure vibe that Dragon Ball had never really had. It was like Dragon Ball does Flash Gordon. This kind of vibe continued quite strongly throughout the series, and kind of defined what the series would be like, in much the same way as the Piccolo Daimao arc defined what everything until the Boo arc would be like.
In addition, the actual plots themselves were generally very unique, and in general the style was different from what Dragon Ball had done before; Toriyama would have never done anything like GT in the manga. Sure, some of the early episodes I addressed above are very Toriyama-esque, but that was very much to their detriment; when GT was in full swing, it was a style of storytelling that was distinctly not Toriyama-esque, and it told stories Toriyama would never have told. A lot of people don't like it for that, but I consider that its biggest strength; Dragon Ball had already undergone some seasonal rot, and as much as I do love the Boo arc, the series was very much on its last legs at that point, so a complete lateral move in a new direction was exactly what the show needed to last in any meaningful way.
Of course, it didn't last. As you say, it was dead on arrival; ratings had been on a slow downturn across the Boo arc, and while there was a small boost for the people who decided to tune in for the final few episodes of Z, GT's ratings stayed at about the same level as you see in the mid-Boo arc for most of its run, with a slow decline as more and more people checked out of the series due to fatigue from 11 years of continuous weekly Dragon Ball... The Japanese audience was just kind of done with the show by the time the Boo arc was getting into full swing, so even if GT had been the greatest piece of media in the entire franchise, the show was already dead.
GT pointedly is not particularly disliked outside of the USA; it's not loved like DB and Z are, but general feeling on GT just isn't the negative picture the American fandom likes to paint of it. The franchise was dying, Toriyama was smart to end it when he did, and no matter what Toei put on TV after Z, it was going to be doomed to the same treatment GT got; decent-ish but still somewhat disappointing ratings that justified one short renewal(Remember, the original series order for GT was 40 episodes. It was renewed for 24 more episodes after this. It wasn't just a case of "This sucks, cancel it now", it's a case of renewing it once, but defining these 24 episodes as their last batch), but nothing more.
Does this mean GT's reputation is entirley undeserved? No. There are tons of ways you could criticise GT, tons of things you could point to that are totally valid reasons as to why it didn't and shouldn't do as well as DB and Z did. However, completely decrying the series and calling it an unmitigated disaster that's universally hated is just a tad uncalled for, and somewhat naive given the generally positive(Though somewhat lukewarm compared to its precessors) reception it has across the rest of the world.
sunsetshimmer wrote:
sintzu wrote:The problem is that everything we were told and shown was wasted when Baby decided to leave his people behind once Goku beat him, by doing that he just ended up being another bad guy.
Well, none of them were really Tuffles so it's not like he abandoned his race. They were still earthlings and saiyans just with Tuffle mentality.
It's hard to call that lose as a lose to Tuffles race. Besides, Goku and othrers already started to heal people with sacred water.
I mean, they didn't even have the Tsufurian mentality, they were just brainwashed to like and follow whatever Baby wants, and even then, as you say, Goku was curing everyone with the water. So not only were they not his people, but they were quickly losing their status as his disciples.
Even if Baby and Goku were on even ground, he would be losing overall due to all the people turning on him, so Baby's only real option was to leave. If he got lucky, he could have retreated to a planet that wouldn't be quite so prepared to defend itself against him so he could amass greater forces to accomplish his goal with. Ultimately, Baby is the last of the Tsufurians; until he's managed to get the species to have a proper return, his survival is paramount, so if his plan is going south, and Goku has nearly killed him, he needs to get out of there and figure out a plan B.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Robo4900 wrote:A tournament arc that does nothing that hadn't already been done before -- bunch of guys, most of whom have some kind of unique gimmick, who fight the protagonists for an episode or two in which the full extent of what their gimmick means in a fight can be explored, and eventually countered;
Imo, U6 tournament is really close to original DB in it's lighthearted spirit, EXCEPT you have an adult Goku at God level,
in concept, it's a perfect mix of DB and Z, and that has not been done before,
Hit was also a very interesting antagonist using a technique that we never saw before, it felt fresh and is a perfect example of new stuff mixing well with old beloved elements or in familiar context lol
The return of Trunks fighting a doppelganger of Goku who acts nothing like him but is really strong and aims to destroy the world in a plot that basically combines the Piccolo Daimao and Androids arcs together, but without any of the subversive twists that made them major game-changers for the series at the time;
Aw come on man the FTrunks arc is mostly about Zamasu and we discover new universes and characters, it has some callbacks for sure but as a whole I disagree it didn't have its own flavor, plus it had its fair share of twists too (even if some didn't make much sense I found them enjoyable somehow lol)
Another tournament
I think the IDEA of this tournament is rather great, a battle royal between different universes with their survival at stakes, but it was horribly done and we couldn't feel the stakes at all aside in a very few episodes which turned out to be absolute gems and worthy of entering the franchise's history imo, sadly a bit buried under all the overwhelming mediocrity this arc has had lol
I hoped Toyotaro to make it great, but I could only enjoy his work on it up to chapter 34 included, the last two chapters actually pissed me off lol

But well, here we are discussing Super in a GT thread again lol

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:03 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:Imo, U6 tournament is really close to original DB in it's lighthearted spirit, EXCEPT you have an adult Goku at God level,
in concept, it's a perfect mix of DB and Z, and that has not been done before,
Hit was also a very interesting antagonist using a technique that we never saw before, it felt fresh and is a perfect example of new stuff mixing well with old beloved elements or in familiar context lol
I mean, I guess?
I wouldn't say Hit was interesting, though. He's only interesting insofar as his techniques are pretty neat.
And, adult Goku at high power doesn't really mean anything as far as actual storytelling is concerned. Dragon Ball and Z are one story, talking about a "Mix of DB and Z, and that has not been done before," is rather odd. The only difference between DB and Z is the time periods they cover. The tournament arcs of the original series laid the groundwork for the Piccolo Daimao arcs onwards pretty well, so it's not like the "Z style" people all assume is a thing originated in Z, or that the U6 arc is a particularly unique mix of styles from different periods.
The only unique thing about the U6 tournament compared to the older tournament arcs is aesthetic stuff and the style of the fights, really. Goku is taller and goes different colours, the fights involve a lot more beams of energy and such, and there's far less actual interestingly-

Again, this isn't a criticism, Super being a bit of a rehash is a perfectly valid stylistic choice given the purpose it's trying to serve.
PsionicWarrior wrote:Aw come on man the FTrunks arc is mostly about Zamasu and we discover new universes and characters, it has some callbacks for sure but as a whole I disagree it didn't have its own flavor, plus it had its fair share of twists too (even if some didn't make much sense I found them enjoyable somehow lol)
Yes, it is about Zamasu, it's a story about a godlike being conspiring to use the Dragon Balls to become immortal and destroy earth.
The Piccolo arc is about Piccolo, it's a story about a godlike being conspiring to use the Dragon Balls to become immortal and destroy earth.
In both, the antagonist succeeds, and the battle is only won by the protagonists by the skin of their teeth at the end.
Like the Androids arc, the actual structure of the Black arc's story first involves everyone being warned about the threat by Trunks, leading to them having their first encounter, in which we learn a lot about the antagonists, then we spend some time just learning stuff about what's up, then we have the second encounter, which goes very poorly for everyone, so the protagonists train a bit and figure some stuff out, then we have our third encounter, where things go a bit off the wall.

The only real new thing the Black arc tries to do is the whole mystery thing about Black, but it's very obvious that Zamasu is who's behind all this, and the mystery itself is very poorly constructed; there's no suspect for it until Zamasu is introduced, and when he's introduced it's very obvious it's him, the only real mystery is how he did it, but even that is made pretty obvious: He used the Dragon Balls and the time rings.
So, it's not really a mystery so much as it's a narrative that slowly unfolds its elements and explains itself, which is fair enough, and a perfectly good way to tell a story, but it's nothing new or unique to Dragon Ball.

As for discovering new universes and characters, the universes thing was introduced in the U6 arc. The only things this introduces is the time rings which are basically just a one-time plot device, Zamas who's our villain, an inconsequential planet or two that'll never pop up again, and Gowasu.

As for the twists... That's not a new Dragon Ball thing, and the twists are all terrible.
PsionicWarrior wrote:I think the IDEA of this tournament is rather great, a battle royal between different universes with their survival at stakes, but it was horribly done and we couldn't feel the stakes at all aside in a very few episodes which turned out to be absolute gems and worthy of entering the franchise's history imo, sadly a bit buried under all the overwhelming mediocrity this arc has had lol
I hoped Toyotaro to make it great, but I could only enjoy his work on it up to chapter 34 included, the last two chapters actually pissed me off lol

But well, here we are discussing Super in a GT thread again lol
Well, again, I'm not saying whether or not Super was bad, just whether or not it was breaking new ground. And again, it's not a criticism to say it's a throwback type of series(In fact, the ways that the Black arc harkens back to the Piccolo and Androids arcs are actually pretty damn clever); it's very clear Super's goal is to recapture the oldschool feel of the franchise, and make that last forever, whereas GT's was to move forward and do something new. Both are perfectly valid approaches, but they've produced vastly different series that I think people need to stop comparing so haphazardly. The entire reason I raised this line of conversation is to put it to bed once and for all. It does necessitate us talking about Super in a GT thread for the millionth time, but hopefully this can be something to point others to in future when the inevitable GT vs Super comparisons come up in future GT or Super threads; they're so vastly different, comparing them is like comparing a microphone and a pair of headphones -- sure, they're both audio equipment, but they're bulit to serve very different purposes, and really should be judged on their own merits rather than compared with each-other; ultimately, all you'll get by comparing them is deciding which of them are good and bad, and explaining why, which really isn't a useful way to actually talk about something critically.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:47 pm

While I don't agree with everything you said I get your point so I'll just say fair enough lol

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:27 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:Does he look overdesigned to you? I don't think he is more complicated than Frieza. Besides, Frieza's 2nd and especially 3rd form doesn't look simple to me as well.
He's a little over designed and the colour choices don't really do him justice, the dark blue, red and yellow is a weird combination and GT has a problem with having characters too colourful looking.

You can tell it's not something that Toriyama would have designed. Frieza in his third form was over designed and it was also his ugliest and briefest form.

Goku Black had a different colour hair but the manga did at least given some explanation as to why. With Baby he was shown to turn Gold with Goten and Gohan but then White with Vegeta. That's a inconsistency in design.

Super Saiyan 3 was a different form so it had different changes. Super Saiyan 4 was also a different form, I won't question why the hair is different or why his fur is randomly red when the Great Apes have brown fur....but Goku and Vegeta both have black hair, they both went through the the same transformation...so why is it that it's only for the latter does the hair change colour?

That's like if in Super when they both achieved Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, one had blue hair and the other had green.
Timetraveller wrote:That's how Toriyama designed them. The CGI aura doesn't change the fact that they're essentially recolors.
Looking at them on paper yeah. They're actually very plain when you see them without an aura but the aura is half the design really.
There's a difference between simplicity and straight up tracing and changing the color scheme, which is what Toriyama did in Super.
Not fully, Super Saiyan God has a different body shape from his normal figure. Ultra Instinct had a slightly different hair style.

That's what people were happy with though. Super Saiyan was just Goku with Gold hair that stood up. Ascended Super Saiyan was just Super Saiyan with bigger muscles. Super Saiyan 2 was pretty much that similar that people get confused on which is which at times.

In comparison to that God, Blue and Ultra Instinct were just as different for the most part.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:41 am

I don't see how that's over designed anymore than Cell was. Dragon Ball has always had very colorful characters and why are blue, red, and yellow a weird combo?
they both went through the the same transformation...so why is it that it's only for the latter does the hair change colour?
Why does he have pants after transforming? Are you actually looking for answers or is that a rhetorical question?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:48 am

Bullza wrote:He's a little over designed and the colour choices don't really do him justice, the dark blue, red and yellow is a weird combination and GT has a problem with having characters too colourful looking.
He is just futuristic looking and his designs fits how Myuu and Rildo looked like since they were all based on Baby.
Bullza wrote:With Baby he was shown to turn Gold with Goten and Gohan but then White with Vegeta. That's a inconsistency in design.
It isn't. Baby was just evolving all the time and he chose Vegeta as his main host meaning he could fuse with his cells more since he didn't plan on leaving his body nor hiding his identity anymore. Before that, he was still pretending to be Goten, Gohan and others so he didn't want to be discovered.
You can clearly see that the moment he takes his body. His face already looks different. He was only hiding it later when Trunks arrived. But that is how Baby Vegeta really looked when Baby was evolved and didn't restrain his power.
Bullza wrote:so why is it that it's only for the latter does the hair change colour?
Let me ask it this way:
If both Goku and Vegeta have black hair, then why Vegito has brown hair?

Also, i'm pretty sure Vegeta actually has brown hair in some arts.
Maybe his SSJ4 hair seems more brown because he is transformed and aura makes it lighter.
I mean this is official GT Vegeta art so at least in GT, his base form hair is supposed to be brown, but it's very dark brown.
In series, it always seem black. It also depends on color palette used and shading.

And those are actual frames from Budokai 3 opening
Seems brown to me :)
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:57 am

About Vegeta's hair color, I would rather refer to the original canon work where he clearly displays black hair cheers lol

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:53 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:While I don't agree with everything you said I get your point so I'll just say fair enough lol
Fair enough. :)
PsionicWarrior wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Bullza wrote:so why is it that it's only for the latter does the hair change colour?
Let me ask it this way:
If both Goku and Vegeta have black hair, then why Vegito has brown hair?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Also, i'm pretty sure Vegeta actually has brown hair in some arts.
Maybe his SSJ4 hair seems more brown because he is transformed and aura makes it lighter.
I mean this is official GT Vegeta art so at least in GT, his base form hair is supposed to be brown, but it's very dark brown.
In series, it always seem black. It also depends on color palette used and shading.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And those are actual frames from Budokai 3 opening
Seems brown to me :)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
About Vegeta's hair color, I would rather refer to the original canon work where he clearly displays black hair cheers lol
Vegeta's hair was, at the very least, never quite black in the anime...

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:22 pm

Gah, these pictures are making me want to re-watch DBGT in subs :thumbup:
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Nineteen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nineteen » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:57 am

Bullza wrote:It's the character designs as well, they're really bad for the most part.

Personally, I quite like Mutchy's design. He has a similar horror/insectoid flavor as first-form Imperfect Cell or third-form Frieza, and I think the whip tendrils are an interesting touch. It's really just the color scheme that leaves a little to be desired.
Dr. Gero: I cleared the area of innocents, in accordance with your wishes. Do you disagree with my methods?
Goku: Grr...leave these people out of this!
Android 19: There are no people left to leave out.