I Liked Brianne de Chatteau's Character Design

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Re: I Liked Brianne de Chatteau's Character Design

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:02 am

WittyUsername wrote:
MozillaVulpix wrote:The idea is pretty straightforward to me. Normally, magical girls become prettier after they transform, but Brianne becomes by our definition uglier. But since this is another universe, her fat form is the one that's considered the beautiful one. It's a joke at what we'd expect a magical girl to look like after transforming and remembering what kind of show this actually is.
Even then, that idea is portrayed somewhat inconsistently in the anime, given that Ribrianne’s anime self was grossed out by the way Kuririn (who is a rather odd looking fellow) looks, which, ironically enough, is the opposite of the reaction she had towards him in the manga.
Ribrianne is quite hypocritical.

hell, she gets the Pretty Cure Movie Powerup By Watchers but instead of going Final Form, she goes Final Boss, and ets defeated by the Power of Love(though it's a form of love she didn't know existed)
Anybody wanting to discuss Ribrianne should watch a few Pretty Cure movies

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:22 am

Btw it's Brianne de Château, if you can still edit OP lol

mrpinbert

Post by mrpinbert » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:27 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
mrpinbert wrote:But I'm not sure about Ribrianne.

I understand that Universe 2 in general is supposed to be a parody of the Magical Girl genre.

It's just that I wasn't really sure what the idea was behind the transformation from Brianne to Ribrianne.

From what I have seen of the "Magical Girl" genre, I don't really get what Ribrianne is supposed to represent.
Well 1st thanks for asking the Questions, Thanks for the Thread and Glad you liked Brianne de Chateau's character design Mrpinbert. :thumbup:

Indeed as stated before by other posters like Spider-Man, Ribrianne the Design of her was originally created by Akira Toriyama, so Fans of Ribrianne can say that Ribrianne was an original idea of Akira Toriyama himself.

The Design of Brianne de Chateau was the creation of Toei staff themselves, which by many regards makes allot of sense cause Toei Studios is the Supreme Superpower of Magical Girl Series like Sailor Moon and Precure.

So like Youtuber MasakoX says in the Video Below, go to part 6:40 to see Ribrianne's part, it was a Team effort by Akira Toriyama and Toei to bring the Ribrianne/Brianne de Chateau to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7nUtYW9N5Q&t=447s

By what I believe Toei was getting at is to say the basic ideals of what most of western society considers as perfect beauty that usually happens with many magical girls gets a new twist put on it, that the ideal of beauty is really subjective and when you go to different places like different parts of the world, or in this cause a different universe, the ideal of Perfect Beauty is different then what most of use consider it to be.

I find that a Refreshing take on the Ideals of Beauty and that is what I felt Toei and Akira Toriyama was getting at with Brianne's change into Ribrianne, Perfect Beauty in the Minds eye of Universe 2 is different then the standards we see in most of our media and films.

IMO, Beauty is always been in the Minds eye and what Ribrianne should represent is the Reminder of that, that Beauty and what makes a Girl Beautiful is not a one way street, Beauty is in the minds eyes of those that View them. That is IMO as well, that Brianne and Ribrianne are Very Pretty Girls in their own unique ways.

This is what I thing Toei and Akira Toriyama where getting at with Brianne's change into Ribrianne, Hope that Help. :)
Thank you, that makes it allot more clear to me.