R.I.P Jodi Forrest (Big Green Dub's Gohan)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tian
Advanced Regular

R.I.P Jodi Forrest (Big Green Dub's Gohan)

Post by Tian » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:50 am

The Big Green dub cast has lost one of its voices.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CodeLyoko/comm ... si_and_ms/
Last edited by Tian on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: R.I.P Jodi Forrest (Big Green dub's Gohan)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:56 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Not Sissi!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:48 am

I was always fond of how her voice set up the "What we need is Big Green!" "Who's that? Who's Big Green?" "Here I am, my friends." scene, and Sissi was one of my favorite Code Lyoko characters. I will certainly miss hearing her voice. May she be at peace in the company of The Lord.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:44 pm

Aw god damnit. Terrible dub but still sad that someone who worked on it died.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:31 pm

Condolences to her family and loved ones.

I remember her more from Code Lyoko, so its still unnerving to know a voice from your childhood no longer is around.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

MrTennek
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrTennek » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:59 am

I can't say she had a good voice or acting but rip. :silent:

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:06 am

MrTennek wrote:I can't say she had a good voice or acting but rip. :silent:
I don’t think it’s nice to insult some-one at a time of grievance. Not that you have to say nice things about some-one just becuz they have died, but if you don’t have anything nice to say, well, you don’t have to say anything at all.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:07 am

Yeah.Because its fair to judge her acting in such a shitty dub under such extremely bad direction. Or heck this isnt something to say in her FREAKING RIP THREAD. Cute Tennek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLVrWYvM7-k
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Kefla
Not-So-Newbie

Re: R.I.P Jodi Forrest (Big Green Dub's Gohan)

Post by Kefla » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Nooooo! Not Sissi!!

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:37 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:
MrTennek wrote:I can't say she had a good voice or acting but rip. :silent:
I don’t think it’s nice to insult some-one at a time of grievance. Not that you have to say nice things about some-one just becuz they have died, but if you don’t have anything nice to say, well, you don’t have to say anything at all.
I don't think anyone here actually knew her, and I don't think any member of her family will see this thread... it's not like the member stood up at he front of her service and said it, so it's not that bad.

You couldn't possibly say her voice acting was good. There's no need to sugar coat it now she's passed. To suddenly think she was great at it would be hypocritical.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am

It shows a total lack of respect. That logic is really faulty. Its okay to talk trash about her in your little forum where she and her family cant see you? So its okay to insult her acting because she wasnt very good in your Japanese kids cartoon? You are showing yourself to be a horrible person.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:16 am

Who talked trash about her? Her voice acting was not good, that's legitimate professional criticism.

In my little forum and Japanese kids cartoon? The way you put it like that, I'd say that's trash talking and also insulting 99% of all members here lol.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:23 am

Point taken and I apologize. But its still no excuse to come here and be rude like that. You can criticize all you want but chose your wording more carefully. It shows no respect.

EDIT:Also other members dont insult people where they cant see them so I didnt insult them. They dont hide here to insult people. Also she acted in way more stuff than Dragon Ball, that's why I used the "Japanese kids cartoon" comeback. You cant condemn her acting under such terrible direction.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:28 am

Why are you arguing in a thread like this? There is no need to criticize her acting in this thread and also no need to argue or even debate. Simply give your condolences, share a respectful thought, and move on.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:34 am

You are right. I apologize.

Rest In Peace, Miss Forrest.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:16 am

LordCrumb wrote:I don't think anyone here actually knew her, and I don't think any member of her family will see this thread... it's not like the member stood up at he front of her service and said it, so it's not that bad.

You couldn't possibly say her voice acting was good. There's no need to sugar coat it now she's passed. To suddenly think she was great at it would be hypocritical.
Read what I said. I said (and I'll say it this time using your specific wording) "There's no need to sugar coat it [just becuz] she has passed".

And while I didn't watch Code Lyoko, my brother did so I heard it quite a bit. I never saw the voice acting in that show to be of poor quality. And that goes for Jodi Forrest. They all were quite good from what I remember.

There is no need to bring in unrelated points. What does one's acting skill have to do with their death? Was she killd for acting poorly? No? Then why bring it up? That's like saying "Good riddance. She was a bad actor anyway." (with severity depending on the specific wording).

I am sad to hear that she has passt on. It's a tragedy to lose a fellow human whether they workt on a show you like or not. I hope her family is coping well.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:54 pm

RIP Ms Forrest.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.