How many episodes did your country air every week?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Re: How many episodes did your country air every week?

Post by Lek » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:30 am

Germany: If I remember correctly the original run of Dragon Ball aired in the afternoon from Monday to Friday and after that was completed, the first run of DBZ aired right before the prime time shows from Monday to Friday.

Don't know about GT, Kai and Super though.
Last edited by Lek on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:47 am

Lithuania, on work days on a daily basis from DB to the end of Z, then before GT they did a full rerun of Z, two episodes a day lol

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:04 am

Lek wrote:Germany: If I remember correctly the original run of Dragon Ball aired in the afternoon from Monday to Friday and after that was completed, the first run of DBZ aired right before the prime time shows from Monday to Friday.

Don't know about GT, Kai and Super though.
In 2006 GT was aired the first time in Germany from Monday to Friday. It was heavily cut though with half of the 17 and Xing Long saga skipped though and thus they got through it very quickly. Super was aired on Pro 7 Maxx some months ago up to the first episodes of the Zamasu saga - even faster than in the states. Then they stopped.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:16 am

America
1996 - One a week
1997/98 - Two episodes one day a week
I only watched DBZ on TV through 2001 and once it got on Toonami, it was one episode every weekday.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:01 am

In france it was one episode per week with some rare exceptions (one by day) it stopped for summer
it was like that since db ep 1 until dbz 274 (as french politics make airing stop) , all episodes after those ones was aired only on tcm (monaco), mangas (ab cartoon) , ab1 , rtl (belgium), but not on analog channel

Brodes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brodes » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:48 pm

Australia was five days a week on free-to-air telly. No idea about pay TV, but it also didn't start airing until 2000.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:10 am

DBZ: Five times a week, Monday through Friday, TV3 every 4pm.
DB: Once a week, every Saturday at 8:00pm.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:38 am

It's so amazing to think that a TV series was cranking out a "brand new" episodes every weekday back then. Does that happen at all now? That was like the Toonami norm with all of their properties. I don't know about whether or not Reboot or the other shows were basically reruns through Toonami after airing elsewhere, but the DB stuff was freshly dubbed and released for the first time on TV in a 5 days a week format. That's really impressive.

Of course all of the episodes were in the can, but talk about adding time pressure for the dubbing.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:20 am

TheGreatness25 wrote:It's so amazing to think that a TV series was cranking out a "brand new" episodes every weekday back then. Does that happen at all now? That was like the Toonami norm with all of their properties. I don't know about whether or not Reboot or the other shows were basically reruns through Toonami after airing elsewhere, but the DB stuff was freshly dubbed and released for the first time on TV in a 5 days a week format. That's really impressive.

Of course all of the episodes were in the can, but talk about adding time pressure for the dubbing.
When I saw it it was in the early 2000s, so we got a lot of the stuff FUNimation had already done. It's funny to think for me that we also complained about the slow pace of the show down here; I can't imagine watching that show one episode a week like in Japan, it's amazing to me the anime ever became popular at all!