Could Super Saiyan 4 make a return?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nosferatu
Banned

Re: Could Super Saiyan 4 make a return?

Post by nosferatu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:18 pm

GT_Goten10 wrote:I really hope NOT ...but yes the form is definitely popular enough&I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring it back People already start to do petitions :lol:
Whats the point of this canon garbage it would not change anything.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:00 pm

nosferatu wrote:Whats the point of this canon garbage it would not change anything.
Some fans are desperately obsessed with the whole canon thing, power levels and all that. I don't get it myself but if that's what rocks their boat, so be it.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:22 pm

As much as I like SSJ4 for how visually distinctive it is, I can’t see anyway for it to become canon that would actually advance the story in anyway, unless the form is supposed to be even more powerful than Ultra Instinct.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:54 pm

nosferatu wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote:I really hope NOT ...but yes the form is definitely popular enough&I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring it back People already start to do petitions :lol:
Whats the point of this canon garbage it would not change anything.
I don’t care about canon
GT Fighter

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:27 pm

Its stupid but ssj4 is awesome one of best designs.

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ulisa » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:00 am

Do I think it will? No, not really but I personally would be fine if it did, even if they tweaked it some (the color seems to be the biggest complaint I see.)

Honestly, I thought it would work if SSJ4 was the “form no one else has seen” that Gohan teased when fighting Goku, given Gohan was the only half breed born with a tail. You’d have to tweak the requirements a bit but I could see that being a way of bringing it in and making it relevant without eliminating Super Saiyan God or Blue.
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

Night Owl

Post by Night Owl » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:22 am

I love the Super Saiyan 4 aesthetic but I think it is best left to GT (I wouldn't have a problem with it surfacing in something like Dragon Ball Fighterz though).

I am growing tired of Saiyan transformations in Super. Super Saiyan God and Blue were cynical cash-ins that I thought were completely unnecessary, although I did enjoy Ultra Instinct and felt that should have been Goku's only "new" transformation" in the series.
"You know it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile?"
"...you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone?"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:14 am

WittyUsername wrote:As much as I like SSJ4 for how visually distinctive it is, I can’t see anyway for it to become canon that would actually advance the story in anyway, unless the form is supposed to be even more powerful than Ultra Instinct.
If it were to be canon in the future it would at least be stronger than Blue which would justify its inclusion as UI can't be accessed at will. Broly was a Ssj1/Ssj2 level character but now they're re-writing him to be a Blue level one so Ssj4 would be reworked to fit the current events.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Apslup
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Apslup » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:46 am

It's appeared in Super Dragon Ball Heroes, but that's only a promotional anime and non-canon. Unless they add the form for Goku and Vegeta in Dragon Ball Fighterz as DLC along with some other new content (which I think would be pretty successful), I don't see it returning to the main series anytime soon.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Toriyama hates Saiyan tails so just for that alone he'd say no to bringing it in, unless they got someone with some pull to make him change his mind like an old editor.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:12 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Toriyama hates Saiyan tails so just for that alone he'd say no to bringing it in, unless they got someone with some pull to make him change his mind like an old editor.
Didn't he just hate having to draw them ? he doesn't have to worry about that now.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:08 pm

sintzu wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Toriyama hates Saiyan tails so just for that alone he'd say no to bringing it in, unless they got someone with some pull to make him change his mind like an old editor.
Didn't he just hate having to draw them ? he doesn't have to worry about that now.
That didn't stop from every new Saiyan not having one. Paragus is the only exception but his tail is so hidden he might as well not have it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):