What happened to Tarble?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

What happened to Tarble?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:32 am

We only saw him in that special and then never heard nor seen him again since. Why so?

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: What happened to Tarble?

Post by Jord » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:43 am

He died on the way back to his home planet.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:33 am

In Battle of Gods, Bulma asks Vegeta about his whereabouts and Vegeta says he's on some distant planet and doesn't know where it is.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:42 am

Went back home to be referenced one and then never again because they redid that story arc without the reference. Then they decided to redo whatever his character was about with Cabba. Gone but no forgotten.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:49 am

I assume everyone involved decided it was best to leave him be as he never gained major popularity and the idea itself (Vegeta having a lost brother) is a bit out there, even for modern DB standards.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:08 am

sintzu wrote:I assume everyone involved decided it was best to leave him be as he never gained major popularity and the idea itself (Vegeta having a lost brother) is a bit out there, even for modern DB standards.
And then they did the exact same thing with Blooma and her sister stuck around.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:30 am

DNA wrote:
sintzu wrote:I assume everyone involved decided it was best to leave him be as he never gained major popularity and the idea itself (Vegeta having a lost brother) is a bit out there, even for modern DB standards.
Showing up briefly in one episode isn't much better.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:33 am

sintzu wrote:Showing up briefly in one episode isn't much better.
Still, there's no reason to erase Tarble from canon. Him living peacefully in distant planet doesn't affect anything, and I like the idea of Vegeta having a little brother, Vegeta's interactions with Tarble and Gure were great. Blooma's interactions with Tights were... there?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:34 am

He was one of the billions of aliens who died when Goku and Beerus were wrecking the universe.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:34 am

Hopefully we get some answer on what happened to him in the next movie, but I wouldn't hope too much, you know.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:43 am

I don't think he'll ever be referenced again. I don't understand why, but it seems they want to brush him aside like he never existed.

I would honestly have enjoyed he's inclusion on Super. A short couple of episodes before Battle of Gods. Abo and Cado could serve as a warning of things to come, their defeat would give the army a pretext to resurrect Freeza later on.

Before, those 3 features were part of Z; it went like Dragon Ball Z - Goku and Friends Return - Battle of Gods - Resurrection F.
Now it goes Dragon Ball Manga - Dragon Ball Super. Goku and Friends Return was completely brushed aside for no reason, despite being a story that Toriyama wrote.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:38 pm

Jord wrote:He died on the way back to his home planet.
Nice Poochie reference. :lol:

I actually didn't notice his absence, probably because I keep confusing him with Cabba.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:48 pm

DNA wrote:
than bulma haved a traveling older sister who is almost never at home for their work sounds more believable to me than vegeta have a younger brother and very weak that frieza not know and that vegeta, nappa or raditz did not think about it when they needed to conquer more planets

and I doubt that they could make it relevant after ... at least tights has the connection with jako in DB minus
I think a good option would be a retconed for this time to than tarble be a big brother.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:13 pm

Tai Lung wrote:than bulma haved a traveling older sister who is almost never at home for their work sounds more believable to me than vegeta have a younger brother and very weak that frieza not know and that vegeta, nappa or raditz did not think about it when they needed to conquer more planets

and I doubt that they could make it relevant after ... at least tights has the connection with jako in DB minus
I think a good option would be a retconed for this time to than tarble be a big brother.
Tarble was weak and King Vegeta kept him a secret, and then sent him to a distant planet to live in peace far away from all the killing. After planet Vegeta is destroyed, only Vegeta knows about his brother's existence and no one else. Seems believeble to me. King Vegeta wouldn't want anyone to know that his own blood was weak and peaceful.
Why would Vegeta even consider picking his weak peaceful brother to go conquer planets?

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:32 pm

DNA wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:than bulma haved a traveling older sister who is almost never at home for their work sounds more believable to me than vegeta have a younger brother and very weak that frieza not know and that vegeta, nappa or raditz did not think about it when they needed to conquer more planets

Tarble was weak and King Vegeta kept him a secret, and then sent him to a distant planet to live in peace far away from all the killing. After planet Vegeta is destroyed, only Vegeta knows about his brother's existence and no one else. Seems believeble to me. King Vegeta wouldn't want anyone to know that his own blood was weak and peaceful.
Why would Vegeta even consider picking his weak peaceful brother to go conquer planets?
Abo and Kado know him and are part of the army of Frieza.
for the same reason that they would think of "kakarot" being of lower class

I do not know .. I think tarble would make more sense if he were a big brother

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:20 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:We only saw him in that special and then never heard nor seen him again since. Why so?
He's official been retconned out of Dragon Ball Super since the line about him from the movie is not in the anime. He's gone and Cabba has taken his place so to speak.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:35 pm

Tai Lung wrote:Abo and Kado know him and are part of the army of Frieza.
for the same reason that they would think of "kakarot" being of lower class

I do not know .. I think tarble would make more sense if he were a big brother
Ah yes, I didn't really factor Abo and Kado into that equation. I dunno then.

I don't understand why Tarble being an older brother would make any difference.
Lord Frieza wrote:He's official been retconned out of Dragon Ball Super since the line about him from the movie is not in the anime. He's gone and Cabba has taken his place so to speak.
That was kind of an unnecessary move in my opinion. Cabba shouldn't invalidate Tarble. But I do see why people would see Cabba as the new Tarble. Even though I don't think the existence of Tarble alters anything whatsoever.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:38 pm

DNA wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:He's official been retconned out of Dragon Ball Super since the line about him from the movie is not in the anime. He's gone and Cabba has taken his place so to speak.
That was kind of an unnecessary move in my opinion. Cabba shouldn't invalidate Tarble. But I do see why people would see Cabba as the new Tarble. Even though I don't think the existence of Tarble alters anything whatsoever.
Your right, it really would make little difference and the two could easily co-exist. But the writters chose to remove that line from the anime version of BoG and no mention of him has been made since. Edit: So it's likely someone in Toei felt differently.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:29 pm

Nobody was interested in using the character after the 2008 special. So Tarble was then reincarnated as Cabba and the rest is history.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:22 pm

To excludingthe Table's existence is to take the Jump special into account. It appears that it's not really considered to be canon and rather than retell the Table story, it appears that the decision was made to disregard him altogether. I think it was an extremely random thing to do in the first place, but it is what it is. I have no problems with him being acknowledged.