Favorite Scenes in the Buu Saga

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Favorite Scenes in the Buu Saga

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:56 pm

One of my favorite scenes in the Buu Saga is when Mr. Satan, Dende and Bee faint from the stench of Buu's cutting the cheese. :lol:
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: Favorite Scenes in the Buu Saga

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:15 pm

When Mr. Satan and Boo's dog is shot dead and Majin Boo flips the shit out.
Last edited by JohnnyCashKami on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:15 pm

All episodes with Gohan going to school, meeting and training with Videl, entire Great Saiyaman stuff
Those are not just my favourite moments in Buu saga but in entire DBZ.

But if i were to mention some then i absolutely love scene where Videl meet ChiChi and scene how they eat after training.
I also love filler episode with Angela.
And of course Mr Buu playing with dog and healing blind boy. Those were hearthwarming scenes.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:22 pm

All Great Saiyaman/Highschool Episodes
Goku meets Goten for the first time
Gohan Train with Goten&Videl
Ultimate Gohan Vs Super Buu
Goku SSJ2 Vs Majin Vegeta(my all time favorite Fight)
Goku SSJ2 Vs Kid Buu
Goku shows Trunks&Goten SSJ3
Piccolo teaches Goten&Trunks the Fusion dance
Goten Vs Trunks
GT Fighter

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:44 pm

Goku and Vegeta cheek to cheek in battle.

Goku: When I say now fire!
Vegeta: When I say now fire!

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:55 pm

I also liked the scene where Vegeta was grossed out with the worms in Buu's gut.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:35 pm

I like Babidi's "uuuhhhh... well you see..." moment when Piccolo confronts him and points out the flaw in his argument, complete with a beat panel:
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:56 pm

Vegeta's sacrifice and Goku's first Ssj3 transformation.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:47 pm

Most scenes involving these two.

Really, the Great Saiyaman mini in general.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:04 am

This are my Anime only as Manga has pretty much everything "best" lol

SSJ2 Goku vs Majin Vegeta (Anime expanded this fight very well & EP 232 might as well be crowning moment of this done done by Yamamuro Tadayoshi)

Whole Majin Vegeta fiasco

Fat Boo/Mr. Satan friendship parallels along Gotenks fusion & Gohan's ritual simultaneously gives very multi-layered story-telling as in Cell Arc

Almost everything involving Super Boo. Dude's such a creepy bastard, especially his Bootenks incarnation.

Goku & Vegeta's ressurection to save Earth & Universe

Whole Kid Boo fiasco

10 year time-skip, 28th TB build-up & eventual Goku vs Oob fight is dope!

As I said....pretty much everything lol

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:56 am

I liked the scene where Majin Boo fed some guy cured of his blindness with another turned into milk when he thought of him as a beautiful person. This arc had some dark humour alright.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:38 pm

Buu curing the kid's blindness and his fondness for Bee were cute moments. I also liked Mr. Satan's anger at that bastard Vann Zant for shooting the dog.

Also anybody noticed how Babidi's head resembles a flea's body?

climatestrange

Post by climatestrange » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:09 pm

Pretty much everything with Satan is gold. In particular, his fights in the tournament, him befriending Boo, and when he gets the entire Earth to raise their hands. Honestly, even though Vegeta's sacrifice is a great scene, I get more emotional watching the Satan stuff because I find his character arc much more satisfying and sympathetic.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Vegeta vs Buu's stomach flab. Vegeta loses.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:52 pm

One of my favorite scenes that doesn’t get mentioned is when Mr. Satan first meets Majin Buu. He first mistakes him for a lizard or whatever, and then when he actually shows up, he freezes up in fear. I really like comedy and timing in the scene.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:45 pm

I also like the way Videl started showing signs of interest in Gohan.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:26 pm

In chronological order:

- Slice-of-life shenanigans with Gohan, Goten, Videl and everyone.
- Dabra looking cool as he flies up and destroys Kibito.
- Fat Boo going around randomly wrecking stuff and having the time of his life after he's killed Bobbidi.
- Mr. Satan accidentally befriending Boo and actually saving the world (temporarily) by convincing him to stop killing.
- The way Piccolo freaks out when he realizes the evil Boo can sense ki and is coming their way RIGHT NOW.
- Subsequently, Piccolo saying just the right things and making just the right moves to buy as much time as possible for Gotenks to get ready.
- Tenshinhan's cameo appearance even though it adds nothing to the plot.
- If the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai counts: toddler Pan being adorable and kicking butt.

Huh. Looks like I enjoy the Boo arc most when Super Saiyans aren't involved.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:30 pm

Buu becoming friend with Satan, getting Bee and agreeing not to kill anyone anymore.

Mt. Satan almost saved the world and he did it without any of his bs or throwing a punch. Just by being a good human.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:45 pm

When Majin Buu killed those bandits that shot Bee. I also loved when Mr Satan beat one of the bandits when he saw them shooting the poor dog. It was probably the only time Mr Satan was ever badass.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:08 am

Not a single moment, but I like when Boo lets it slip that he's way smarter than he lets on. I like that he talks like a simpleton, making people think he must be extremely stupid instead of simply ignorant, as opposed to villains with advanced lexicons who are nonetheless much easier to trick like Freeza and Perfect Cell. It's never really focused upon, but it constantly comes up in little moments like:

-Babidi threatens to seal fat Boo if he disobeys his orders. Boo simply points out that Babidi would be defenseless if he tried that, and gets back to fighting Goku. He also easily reads Goku's intentions and humors him in the resulting fight. He then displays the ability to copy and counter Goku's techniques.

-Goku launches a ki blast at Boo; Boo deflects it right at Babidi, just narrowly missing him. Babidi calls Boo an idiot for almost killing him. Boo plays it off by acting the fool, but his smile clearly indicates that it was intentional.

-Boo convinces Babidi to come close to him by feigning ignorance and pretending to be loyal, with Babidi only agreeing because clearly Boo is a moron with nothing of value to say. Boo then grabs his mouth to prevent him from uttering the incantation to seal him. Then he punches Babidi's head off.

-Piccolo tries to get evil Boo to waste time killing humans. Super Buu then calculates the entire remaining population of Earth after walking around the lookout, senses and tracks every individual ki signature on Earth, and launches billions of ki blasts which he perfectly directs to strike billions of individual targets, killing every human in seconds. Then he walks over and tells Piccolo to stop screwing around.

-Piccolo gets Boo to waste a few precious more moments by going the "long way" to the ROSAT, but has to cut it short when Boo notices that they passed the same landmark twice. He tries an alternate tactic of offering Boo food, but Boo correctly points out that he's stalling.

-Gotenks knocks evil Boo into a hole and apparently doesn't sense any more ki from him, because he thinks that he's dead (so does Piccolo). After wondering a bit, he then offhandedly mentions that he only has a couple more minutes in SS3. We then get a reaction shot to Boo with a surprised face learning of that information, apparently having intentionally hid his ki and hid there to stall the fight, and deciding to drag it out from there, knowing that he'll need Gotenks to think he can win because he needs to convince them to fuse again later.

-Evil Boo escapes certain death at Gohan's hands by blowing himself up and forcing him to abandon their confrontation to save Goten, Piccolo, and Trunks from the resulting explosion. He then masks his ki again and hides somewhere on Earth, with Piccolo thinking he really died and Gohan knowing that he didn't, but not being able to locate him.

-Evil Boo revealing and executing his plan to convince Gotenks to fuse again, setting up a trap for him, and springing it while keeping him distracted with taunts, before using his newfound power to mercilessly and efficiently beat on Gohan to incapacitate him before his time limit runs out. Also, Boo absorbing Piccolo in the same scene, because his ingenuity impressed Boo and he thought Piccolo's sobriety would balance out Gotenks' cockiness. It shows Boo actually values things other than pure strength.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: