Why does MaSTAR Media get so much praise?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Why does MaSTAR Media get so much praise?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:33 pm

This guy traces animation and then claims that it's his own work which in itself, it shouldn't look too bad but it does (imo). Also, his actual works look as though they're drawn by a child yet many are amazed by it.

Shameless sketchy dude he is.

Kuwabara
Regular

Re: Why does MaSTAR Media get so much praise?

Post by Kuwabara » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:44 am

The type of people impressed with what he does tend to have IQs one standard deviation below the population average.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:05 am

Not to mention people being hyped by him making a fanmade and trash looking version of movie that will come to cinemas in few months and completely destroy this thing with quality and story lmao.

And if there is something that has more fanservice than Super, it's the garbage this guy is making.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:19 am

I think his subscribers don't look too deeply into his stuff's quality/don't care about tracing?

Honestly, his animations aren't very good. They feel janky and disjointed to me. And traced.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:22 am

Please use the "Fan Works" section for discussion of this type of matter (and, indeed, there is already recent discussion there regarding this topic).

My response at the time remains the same now:
VegettoEX wrote:This appears to be more about an individual fan than it is anything about an effect on the larger, official product. As such, it's being moved to the "Fan-Created Works" section.

Knowing next to nothing about who this person is, I would caution you all to be sure your criticisms are based in reality and can be backed up. If they're as "big" as you say, then no, you as an individual probably can't "do" much about it. Support the people you like by spreading the good word and being your own decent person and fan.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::