Source for Freeza = 200 million V-Jump?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dagon
Banned

Source for Freeza = 200 million V-Jump?

Post by Dagon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:22 am

This has been floating around for a while already but I want to know if anyone knows the true source of this supposed V-Jump scan that states undamaged Freeza = 200 million. I'm not asking whether or not you agree with it, I would like to know the source and where I can find it. I have been looking and all I can find is this one image.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Source for Freeza = 200 million V-Jump?

Post by Ssjcell » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:44 pm

Dagon wrote:This has been floating around for a while already but I want to know if anyone knows the true source of this supposed V-Jump scan that states undamaged Freeza = 200 million. I'm not asking whether or not you agree with it, I would like to know the source and where I can find it. I have been looking and all I can find is this one image.
Well that makes sense considering the spirit bomb did so much damage he lost his tail. And also Goku was really doing damage when he was fighting him.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Yeah, this has gotta be nothing from nowhere, almost certainly made up by someone with an agenda and most likely a very flimsy understanding of Japanese. The fact that it shows the 200 and 120 million numbers written out in full with a bunch of zeroes, instead of using the Japanese characters for... however many thousands at a time, is a pretty telling clue.

Either way, if this was from any legit source like V-Jump, it would have been accurately translated and catalogued over in the Battle Powers guide ages ago.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:53 pm

I'm pretty sure I've seen this image before, and just like Kaboom said, it looks fake as hell. Odd that the 120 million is sized slightly smaller than the 200 million.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:46 pm

All your answers are here.
~4 months since linking that video, maybe I'll have to clear it up in the new year too? :P

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Looking at the linked video stuff. I like the part where the "scan" says アンドロイド17.

It's the fabrication of someone that has somehow never seen a piece of legitimate Japanese text for Dragon Ball in their entire life.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:14 am

Alright, thanks, I will catalog this for future debunking purposes!