TOEI ever gonna fix the NEP placement on the DB/Z/GT episodes?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

TOEI ever gonna fix the NEP placement on the DB/Z/GT episodes?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Originally, the NEPs were shown before the EDs but then on the home media releases they were switched to be shown after the EDs. I personally would have preferred the original format because the EDs are a bit of a drag to always watch (I know I can just skip it but come on) while the NEPs are quite entertaining and you usually have Son Goku (but not exclusive to) narrating it.

Well, knowing TOEI they probably won't but here's hoping.

P.S. Yes, most shows are in this manner: OP > Preview > Title > Episode > ED > NEP, but Dragon Ball had it different and there was nothing wrong with that.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Re: TOEI ever gonna fix the NEP placement on the DB/Z/GT episodes?

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:05 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Originally, the NEPs were shown before the EDs but then on the home media releases they were switched to be shown after the EDs. I personally would have preferred the original format because the EDs are a bit of a drag to always watch (I know I can just skip it but come on) while the NEPs are quite entertaining and you usually have Son Goku (but not exclusive to) narrating it.

Well, knowing TOEI they probably won't but here's hoping.

P.S. Yes, most shows are in this manner: OP > Preview > Title > Episode > ED > NEP, but Dragon Ball had it different and there was nothing wrong with that.
it's perfectly possible , hokuto no ken first release was having nep after the ending too but the last release (25th box) have it on the right place

i think that if toei remaster db , z , gt in HD it's perfectly possible but who know

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Well, arguably Toei changing it around to be NEP after credits is the "Fixed" version. ;)

I don't think they ever will go back to the original broadcast way for any official release.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:29 am

Robo4900 wrote:Well, arguably Toei changing it around to be NEP after credits is the "Fixed" version. ;)

I don't think they ever will go back to the original broadcast way for any official release.
they did it for hokuto no ken 25th anniversary box

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:20 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote:
Robo4900 wrote:Well, arguably Toei changing it around to be NEP after credits is the "Fixed" version. ;)

they did it for hokuto no ken 25th anniversary box
Right. I was specifically referring to Dragon Ball, though.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.