The Bardock Story Trilogy: A Personal Assessment

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: The Bardock Story Trilogy: A Personal Assessment

Post by Doctor. » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:45 am

PFM18 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Wait what the hell is wrong with the video games?

Well I guess I disagree with the very premise of it even being a reasonable comparison to say "the bad outweighs the good" because I don't see it as productive to even weigh the bad against the good in the first place. Let's just pretend that Super didn't exist or anything post 2013 that we know for that matter. Obviously GT is crap, obviously the Z movies are crap. Now let's further pretend that they continued to make like 20 more Z movies that were all crap or even worse and now most of the DB products are just poor products. STILL, the original manga isn't any less compelling, DB and DBZ aren't any less good.(or to a lesser extent the original DB movies) The "new" crap doesn't take away from anything that Toriyama did in his original story. If Dragon Ball eventually has more bad products than good ones, it doesn't mean that the franchise shouldn't have ever existed because you can just ignore anything that you don't like within the franchise.
Obviously not, you took me and ekrolo too seriously. "Dragon Ball was a mistake" is a meme based on Miyazaki's quote "Anime was a mistake. It's nothing but trash."
Eh it didnt come off as anything other than serious
That most of DB is nothing but garbage? Certainly serious. That it never should have existed as a result? Obviously a joke or else I wouldn't still be a fan.