A lost japanese guide-book with dozens with dozens Toriyama´s texts and declarations

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Enygma1116

A lost japanese guide-book with dozens with dozens Toriyama´s texts and declarations

Post by Enygma1116 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:04 pm

Dragon Ball: The Legend of Manga is collection of 50 fascicles published by Shueisha, written by Yoshihiko Tozawa, Natsuo Funatsu and Yuichi Shimizu, and designed by Banana Globe Studio.

Each issue was accompanied by an action figure designed by Hiroyuki Nakazawa and produced by Teruhiko Kimura.

This guide-book is very famous in spanish-speaking countries fandom, but it seems to be very unknown in english ones. Some people think it´s a Salvat´s (a spanish publishing house) original product, but it was only translated by that company.

Akira Toriyama isn´t listed as part of the staff of this product. However, TLoM contains a lot of exclusive (or at leasts, that seems to be the case) Toriyama´s texts and declarations.

Red Rectangle:
Text by Akira Toriyama
To all my readers
Throughout this series of texts I´ve said many times thinks like “I don’t have much interest in the manga”, “I don´t like to draw to much” or “I had drawn the story on the fly”. Maybe some readers have taken the impression that I don´t take the manga too seriously. I won´t deny it, but I´m also the kind of person who, if decides to do something, would do it until the end and with all its consequences. I have always striven and tried to give my 100% in every aspect of my work. Although is bad to say it, I´m of the ones who hide the effort. For that reason, I would like that you also give everything, either those who aspire to become a manga artist as those who have other interests. I still have a lot of work to do to achieve total satisfaction. Thanks to all who have read these 50 issues.

Tori-Bot: Thanks for read me during these 50 issues.
The last part probably isn´t referring to all guide-book´s content, but to all Toriyama´s texts.

There is one in almost every issue and are about varied topics as drawing stuff or Toriyama´s interest for newts.

I apologize if my English isn´t perfect, is not my native language.