Who remembers the Dry Era (The Gap)?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Who remembers the Dry Era (The Gap)?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Getting into other stuff is fine. I did wish more DB fans would try to discover more wuxia and other martial arts stuff given how DB was inspired by a lot of kung fu films and wuxia. We did see a comeback of martial arts stuff in the mainstream culture when DB was airing on Toonami. Even as a kid in middle school, went out to discover stuff like Zu Warriors and The Storm Riders because they remind me of Dragon Ball.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Re: Who remembers the Dry Era (The Gap)?

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:28 pm

It bears asking what the "dry era" actually is. The wheels for the Japanese revival were just going into motion as the American Toonami airings of GT were winding down, and FUNi was releasing their box sets in the states in 2007, and every region has their own timeline. The only thing I would consider a "dark time" would be 2011-2012, after the fresh re-releases had finished in various places and the PS360 video games moved from weaker retreads to downright terrible... and then we got Battle of Gods!
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada