ANIMAX Japan channel will reissue Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CloudEPDB

ANIMAX Japan channel will reissue Dragon Ball

Post by CloudEPDB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:04 pm

Thus, in the month of December, Animax Japan will broadcast some of the remastered Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z movies. Also starting on December 11 will begin to issue Dragon Ball.

Will it have the correct audio, or will it be the same as the Dragon Box?

https://www.animax.co.jp/programs/NN00014406

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: ANIMAX Japan channel will reissue Dragon Ball

Post by PremiumSalt » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Interesting. I wonder if this will be the first we see of Toei's rumored remaster of the TV series.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: ANIMAX Japan channel will reissue Dragon Ball

Post by superrayman3 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:01 pm

CloudEPDB wrote:Will it have the correct audio, or will it be the same as the Dragon Box?
For the movies it's tough to say, I know the streaming versions used the optical tracks but the Blu-ray uses transfers of the original cinetapes so Toei could go either way on those, the TV series on the other hand (assuming that these are the supposed new remasters of the series), unless Toei managed to find copies of the cinetape audio in their facilities or accepted high quality fan recordings of the series from its original run, chances are it'll be DBOX audio or a new scan of the optical tracks (if they do go the optical route for the series I hope it'd be the DBOX audio over a new scan of the optical tracks as I dread to think how much degradation those things have experienced since the DBOXs over 15 years ago, only time will tell).
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).