Why was Gohan called "Songohanda" on the Castillan Z dub?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Why was Gohan called "Songohanda" on the Castillan Z dub?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:45 pm

Surely there's a reason behind it. By adding "da" to "Son Gohan" it made it sound like whomever said it was referring to a girl when it was actually a male kid, pretty weird that addition of "da", in my opinion.

Even "Celula" (Cell) is an odd one too but eventually got used to it.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Why was Gohan called "Songohanda" on the Castillan Z dub?

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:01 pm

The castillian Z dub was initially based in the galician one. That was an original thing from the galician dub actually and since it was the initial main source material for the castilian dub, they commited the same mistakes at that point.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: Why was Gohan called "Songohanda" on the Castillan Z dub?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:27 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:The castillian Z dub was initially based in the galician one. That was an original thing from the galician dub actually and since it was the initial main source material for the castilian dub, they commited the same mistakes at that point.
Thank you.

I don't really mind these mistakes nor the moaning noises they made during the Goku vs Vegeta blast battle because I know that wasn't the dub's fault but the source material they were given. Still one of my favorite dub, 'cause, nostalgia. :P

Too bad they never dubbed Dragon Ball Kai (though I once heard Selecta Visión had plans to do something but they're just an anime distro, so who knows)