Dai Kaioshin VA paased away

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Dai Kaioshin VA paased away

Post by coola » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:36 am

Mahito Tsujimura passed away at age 88, he played Dai Kaioshin in DBZ and Kai https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... 88/.140112
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Re: Dai Kaioshin VA paased away

Post by The Tori-bot » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:05 am

R.I.P. 88 years on this Earth is a big bucket of win.

(Pretty spooky that this happens at the same time the Super manga starts a plot revolving around Dai-Kaioshin, a character whom nobody has ever given a second thought to before now... did Toyotaro know something we don't? :shock: :think:)
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:56 am

The Tori-bot wrote:R.I.P. 88 years on this Earth is a big bucket of win.

(Pretty spooky that this happens at the same time the Super manga starts a plot revolving around Dai-Kaioshin, a character whom nobody has ever given a second thought to before now... did Toyotaro know something we don't? :shock: :think:)
Ya thats just uncanny.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:46 am

Another member of the original Japanese cast has stepped to the Next Dimension, sigh. :( Dai Kaioshin was a minor character but it's always really sad reading these departing news of actors and actresses that are no longer around anymore.

God, I hope Masako Nozawa will be around for another 10~18 years though the life expectancy of Japanese women is supposedly somewhere about 87 years old. I love her Son Goku and once someone else voices him, that's going to change things.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:03 am

The Tori-bot wrote:R.I.P. 88 years on this Earth is a big bucket of win.

That's what I was just thinking, that's just eerie. :shock: On an unrelated note, I always found it pretty distracting/confusing, even when I was almost 100% a dub oriented fan, that they called him Dai Kaio in the dub when Grand Supreme Kai or something would've been the natural naming scheme with what they'd done before, and it also leaving it confusing since Dai Kaio is the other one we already had much earlier. It was so needlessly complicated.

Looking him up, I'm actually kind of surprised they got him back for Kai too, it doesn't look like he'd done a ton of work at Toei, so bringing him back in is kinda surprising. But all of that is neither here nor there - godspeed, Mr. Tsujimura. :(
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:16 pm

RIP. Sadly enough, with the aging cast this message is going to return a lot the coming decade(s).

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:48 pm

I could’ve sworn I already heard about him passing away last year. I’m very confused. In any case, RIP.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:35 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:Looking him up, I'm actually kind of surprised they got him back for Kai too, it doesn't look like he'd done a ton of work at Toei, so bringing him back in is kinda surprising.
From my perspective not doing a lot of work meant that he'd be cheaper, so he was perfect for Kai.