Ways to Punish Zamasu

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Ways to Punish Zamasu

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:22 pm

Lets all think of creative ways to punish Zamasu for his heinous actions.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Logania
Regular

Re: Ways to Punish Zamasu

Post by Logania » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:52 pm

He has to fetch and serve tea to Goku for all eternity. Being a mortal's servant, to Goku no less, would destroy whatever amount of soul he has left.

That or just be banished to Planet Barbari forever.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:57 pm

I mean, wasn't erasure enough? That truly was ironic. Zamasu wanted to have his name etched in history, but in the end no one would remember him or his deeds. I'd say that was a fitting punishment for someone who sought to create his own twisted utopia and rule as the Supreme God of the Multiverse for eternity.

I really can't think of a worse punishment for a megalomaniac who wanted to be remembered forever. There are some silly ideas like him becoming Zeno's friend so that he would be forced to serve that stupid child for eternity. But that punishment isn't nearly as chilling.

Perhaps what makes the entire downfall of Zamasu even more ironic is that he destroyed himself. Black and Zamasu overreacted and fused, therefore weakening each other. Then Fused Zamasu corrupted half of his body to the point that he had turned into a disfigured monster. Finally he lost the last fraction of his sanity and devolved into a rabid lunatic who revelled only in destruction, much like the savage Babari species that he despised so much. I can't think of a Dragon Ball antagonist who had a worse karma than Zamasu.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:00 pm

He’s forced to be the only interesting antagonist in a sequel series to a manga with consistently engaging antagonists.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:02 pm

Shove a Billie Clup up his A** or a Plunger!... Nah i kid.. If Erasing him from existence isnt enough. then tie him up similar to Freeza and have him watch Chapter Black from YuYu Hakusho over and over and over and over and over and over and over and Over until he's knowingly reincarnated into a human and has a new stronger love for humanity and starts a non profit orphanage.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:35 pm

Maybe being forced to feel the pain of the suffering of mortals for all eternity. Though erasure is harsh too.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:35 am

Reincarnate him as a mortal with no fighting potential.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:18 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:I mean, wasn't erasure enough? That truly was ironic. Zamasu wanted to have his name etched in history, but in the end no one would remember him or his deeds. I'd say that was a fitting punishment for someone who sought to create his own twisted utopia and rule as the Supreme God of the Multiverse for eternity.

I really can't think of a worse punishment for a megalomaniac who wanted to be remembered forever. There are some silly ideas like him becoming Zeno's friend so that he would be forced to serve that stupid child for eternity. But that punishment isn't nearly as chilling.

Perhaps what makes the entire downfall of Zamasu even more ironic is that he destroyed himself. Black and Zamasu overreacted and fused, therefore weakening each other. Then Fused Zamasu corrupted half of his body to the point that he had turned into a disfigured monster. Finally he lost the last fraction of his sanity and devolved into a rabid lunatic who revelled only in destruction, much like the savage Babari species that he despised so much. I can't think of a Dragon Ball antagonist who had a worse karma than Zamasu.
This. For an up-his-own-ass egomaniac like Zamasu, being consigned to non-existence is a more-than fitting punishment.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:55 pm

OhHiRenan wrote:He’s forced to be the only interesting antagonist in a sequel series to a manga with consistently engaging antagonists.
Beerus isn't interesting? Who the hell was all that thematically interesting in the original series? Most of them boil down to being evil for the sake of it with the nuance being limited to superficial things like "I want to be Perfect."

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:01 pm

I feel though that Zamasu shouldn't just get eliminated but have to experience the frustration of failure for eternity.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:28 pm

PFM18 wrote:
OhHiRenan wrote:He’s forced to be the only interesting antagonist in a sequel series to a manga with consistently engaging antagonists.
Beerus isn't interesting? Who the hell was all that thematically interesting in the original series? Most of them boil down to being evil for the sake of it with the nuance being limited to superficial things like "I want to be Perfect."
You keep throwing this complaint out like it means something. Being evil for the sake of it is all well and good. It’s much better than the cliché sob story background that so many shonen anime villains have. And almost all of the villains of old were interesting. Tao, Piccolo, Vegeta, and especially Freeza before they brought him back every other arc in DBS.

Beerus was interesting in his debut movie but him and Whis have dropped to mere plot devices at this point

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:36 am

I think erasing his green ass up was enough for him.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:45 am

I'm pretty sure being erased from existence is the most fitting punishment for a character of his kind.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:44 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:You keep throwing this complaint out like it means something. Being evil for the sake of it is all well and good. It’s much better than the cliché sob story background that so many shonen anime villains have
Neither method is inherently superior or inferior. What works better depends on the writer and the type of story being told.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:21 am

Force him to listen to "It's a small world after all" for eternity.
I'm pretty sure being erased from existence is the most fitting punishment for a character of his kind.
That feels like mercy.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:24 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
You keep throwing this complaint out like it means something. Being evil for the sake of it is all well and good. It’s much better than the cliché sob story background that so many shonen anime villains have. And almost all of the villains of old were interesting. Tao, Piccolo, Vegeta, and especially Freeza before they brought him back every other arc in DBS.

Beerus was interesting in his debut movie but him and Whis have dropped to mere plot devices at this point
Being evil for the sake of evil is just trite and cliche as a background you could give for antagonist as having them being a Knight Templar, which is what Zamasu's general characterization was.

It all comes down to execution.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

A generic villain that has absolutely no motivation other than being evil for the sake of it is not inherently interesting. And how can you consider a generic "evil for the sake of it" villain not cliche? Most antagonists in the original weren't all that interesting and I don't see how you can pretend there's a huge difference in that respect from the original series to now. Vegeta, and Freeza are the only ones that are actually especially interesting or compelling.

And I wasn't referring to Beerus "at this point." He's no different from Tenshinhan in the Cell arc or Buu arc, in that he was a prior antagonist who had merit as an antagonist but no longer.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:48 pm

A generic villain that has absolutely no motivation other than being evil for the sake of it is not inherently interesting. And how can you consider a generic "evil for the sake of it" villain not cliche?
Both an evil for its own sake and villains with a sad past are both cliches. It's the exection that makes the difference.

And you say "inherently" as though you're speaking for others beside yourself. It's just not true that pure evil villains aren't interesting. Freeza is pure evil but he's (or was) one of the most interesting antagonists in the entire series.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:21 pm

I guess that Zamasu's death was too short, but it was probably the most painful death one can have in Dragon Ball.

Present Zamasu: Slowly disintegrated by the God of Destruction (just listen to his intense scream of agony);
Fused Zamasu: Slowly cut in half starting from his manhood (out of all these deaths, this one must be the most painful);
Infinite Zamasu: Literally erased from existence by the King of All. In the manga, this scene was particularly brutal for Super.

Give this poor Kai a break. Sure, he committed genocide. Just like Freeza and Buu did, but these two haven't suffered nearly as much as Zamasu. And they even got happy endings (Freeza was resurrected and Buu was reincarnated into a good person)!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:42 pm

Maybe some long, cosmic community service. He wanted to destroy sentient beings, force him to help them instead under threat of something worse.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!