What's the target audience when you air DBZ every day at 10 o'clock in the morning?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

What's the target audience when you air DBZ every day at 10 o'clock in the morning?

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:31 pm

What's the target audience when you air DBZ on Monday (for example) at 10 o'clock in the morning?

When kids, teenagers and adults (who study or work) aren't at home?

The only target group I can think of is 2-4 years old children with their grandparents or babysitter and people who don't have a job...?

Just wanted to see people's opinion on this when I saw that the channel that airs DBZ in Greece and Cyprus (Smile TV) decided to change their program this month by removing some kid-friendly cartoons in the mornings (like Vipo, Dimitri, the Owl) and adding animes like DragonBall Z, Digimon Fusion and Glitter Force.

Of course, they do air DBZ at nights as well. But who do they really expect to watch DBZ every morning at 10:30?

I guess I can see 2-4 years old kids watching the cartoons mentioned above but DBZ? And I think tomorrow is the episode where Freeza impales Krillin.

MyVisionity
Banned

Re: What's the target audience when you air DBZ every day at 10 o'clock in the morning?

Post by MyVisionity » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:27 am

TheRed259 wrote: But who do they really expect to watch DBZ every morning at 10:30?
College students, adults who work nights, or adults who don't work.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Re: What's the target audience when you air DBZ every day at 10 o'clock in the morning?

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Personally, I watch it at nights when I can.

Having it also is the mornings is weird to me. Maybe they will remove it next month and having it only at nights (or afternoons) as usual.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:01 pm

Depends. Do they expect people to just record it and watch it later?
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Don't think so... they also air the show every night as usual (NOT the same episode as the morning). Plus, everything can be found online nowadays, why would someone record DBZ? I am not having a problem with it airing also every morning but I am trying to figure out the reason why a TV channel would do that.

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Deadbeats, sickos, perverts, felons etc.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:49 pm

Me: What a stupid idea! Who wants to watch Dragon Ball Z at ten in the morning?

Some guy: Oh, boy! Ten A.M.! [tunes Smile TV to watch Dragon Ball Z]

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:54 pm

TheBigBoy wrote:Deadbeats, sickos, perverts, felons etc.
Or ya know kids not in school yet, people who work second and third shift, stay at home parents etc etc

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:07 pm

In the commercial they only say every night at 10. They probably don't care who will watch it in the mornings I guess... :think:
TheBigBoy wrote:Deadbeats, sickos, perverts, felons etc.
LOOOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: