Mistake in the site's Rumor Guide

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ash57
Beyond Newbie

Mistake in the site's Rumor Guide

Post by Ash57 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:41 pm

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/rumor/characters/

In the "Paikuhan is a Namekian" rumor clarification, the following line is present:
In a nutshell, Paikuhan is from the Western Galaxy (as seen by his fighting for the Western Kaiō), whereas Planet Namek appears to be under our own Kaiō’s jurisdiction in the Northern Galaxy. You can pretty much drawn your own conclusion from that.
This is, however, outright false, since King Kai states in the original Japanese subs that Namek is outside his area:

And the official Dragon Ball universe map shows the Earth and Namek on polar opposite edges of the Living World, which would suggest Namek is on the Southern Galaxy since Earth is on the outskirts of the Northern Galaxy, according to the Daizenshuu (That's just my speculation though, the main point is that King Kai says it is outside his jurisdiction altogether)

So this mistake needs to be fixed.
"No matter how many times you spend on these forums. No matter how arrogant you are, you'll eventually lose a debate. So stop and admit that you're not omniscient"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Mistake in the site's Rumor Guide

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi! There's actually an existing thread for goofs/mistakes, but thanks! That's absolutely correct, and I really don't know how we would have let that slip in. It's being corrected.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Post by PacificOceanDub » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:56 pm

Hmm, sort of doesn’t make sense for Piccolo to go train with North Kaio during the Namek arc then..

I mean, I know the whole North, West, etc. thing wasn’t written until much later, but still.
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:42 am

PacificOceanDub wrote:Hmm, sort of doesn’t make sense for Piccolo to go train with North Kaio during the Namek arc then..

I mean, I know the whole North, West, etc. thing wasn’t written until much later, but still.
Well he did die in the North galaxy. Besides, Kami was earth's god, so he it only makes sense that he would go to North Kai.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:28 am

PacificOceanDub wrote:Hmm, sort of doesn’t make sense for Piccolo to go train with North Kaio during the Namek arc then..

I never thought of this, but it's not that hard to explain either. After all, Kaio-sama isn't even in the sector he's supposed to be watching over in the first place, but his keen senses render that particular issue irrelevant. Considering how the story placed him, Kaio was probably the easiest of the four to get to, and/or Kami felt that he was the best/most willing to take Goku up as a student and train him under such time pressure.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:31 am

Why not? Piccolo's an Earthling. He was born on Earth, lived his entire life on Earth, and not only died on Earth but died while protecting the Earth. He's actually third-generation Earthling. His father was born on Earth and lived his entire life on Earth, and the being from which he was sprung spent most of his life on Earth. There's absolutely no reason why Piccolo wouldn't be sent to train with the Kaio of the North.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:40 am

There is another mistake: "Piza, Mr. Satan’s manager, is Videl’s mother - STATUS: Unsubstantiated (but extremely unlikely)."
We know that false, from Dragon Ball Full Color: Majin Boo Arc Volume 06.
Toriyama: Satan’s wife was a beautiful singer named Miguel!

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Sani007 wrote:There is another mistake: "Piza, Mr. Satan’s manager, is Videl’s mother - STATUS: Unsubstantiated (but extremely unlikely)."
We know that false, from Dragon Ball Full Color: Majin Boo Arc Volume 06.
Toriyama: Satan’s wife was a beautiful singer named Miguel!
I do believe this information, however it is important to note that mother and wife aren't always the same thing.