The Beta 'Orange Bricks' (Yellow)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

The Beta 'Orange Bricks' (Yellow)

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:21 pm

I remember seeing images of prototype covers of Dragon Ball Z Season (DVD) by FUNimation with the color yellow but the final ones were in orange, does anyone happen to know where it can be found? I tried looking on Google/Bing but didn't find any now.

Manga UK did change the color from the Dragon Ball season release from blue to yellow and it looks really nice, with the addition that they used the original logo (they did for GT too) and not a custom one. They [Manga UK] could have also changed it up for their Dragon Ball Z Season DVD covers.
Keep in mind that the UK Dragon Ball Season Boxsets do not use the Blue Bricks' episodes but the Saga Set ones (by Madman).

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Re: The Beta 'Orange Bricks' (Yellow)

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:47 pm

up1.co.uk still use this image on their store.

I remember making a huge Amazon wishlist back then so I could buy the volumes one by one then THIS was announced, and for some reason had a dream that night about Season 2 and 3 being Green and Red featuring Piccolo and Goku. I could learn another language or improve my skills as an artist but my brain retains absolutely useless information like dreams I had over a decade ago.