Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:13 pm

Selsiuss wrote:In the last few pages there's some that were banned without an in-thread response from a Mod. I.E., no warning.
You're not listening: other people have been telling you the past several posts now, private warnings HAVE been issued (again, PRIVATE warnings), and Mike announced as much in this thread several pages ago.

That's in NO way unusual for this place: "private warnings" to individual users has generally always been how Mike and the other mods choose to handle these kinds of issues.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Selsiuss
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Selsiuss » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:13 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Selsiuss wrote:
Kunzait_83 wrote: It is a user's responsibility to read the entire thread.
If someone gets warned for their post, that's their warning for their post. Someone else making a similar statement in a different post should get a separate warning for that separate post.
The better way to handle it is delete the offending post in question and send the user a personal message with a warning. But no, insta-ban.

I never got a private warning BTW.
Last edited by Selsiuss on Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:13 pm

Selsiuss wrote:
Kunzait_83 wrote:
Selsiuss wrote:There have been people that got banned after only a few posts in this thread. You also have been here since 2011 so they would be more lenient towards you due to seniority; don't want to lose a long-time member.
This is even MORE ridiculous, and is the sort of paranoid "conspiracy theorizing" that's lead to a couple of other nutbars on this forum cyberstalking me off-site for several months awhile back when one of the mods just happened to close down a similarly heated and politically controversial thread that I just happened to have one of the last posts in, leading to similarly harebrained "Ah ha! The mods and long-standing members of this forum are secretly in on some kind of backroom scheme against the more casual forum members who say opinions they don't agree with!"

As someone who's been an on and off regular on this forum since literally its first year, allow me to preempt that nonsense thusly: no, that is NOT how this site is run. There is ZERO "co-ordination" and absolutely NO "unspoken agreement" between Mike, the other mods, or the more active members to "selectively pick on" certain community members who's views they don't agree on. Neither myself, nor any of the other older forum members have ANY such relationship with the owner or the other mods.
They don't have to deliberately be "in cahoots" with each other. Rather, they'd simply give longer-standing members the benefit of the doubt by their own preference.
Kunzait_83 wrote: Trust me: if you get banned on this site, odds are you probably did something REALLY shitty to warrant it, since this site's mods are normally INSANELY lenient and RARELY hand out bans willy-nilly, and are known to even give some of the most annoying trolls chance after chance after chance to redeem themselves.
In the last few pages there's some that were banned without an in-thread response from a Mod. I.E., no warning.
A mod does not have the responsability to tell all members that others have received strikes or warnings. Like some have said this is a private forum and the owner of said forum can do whatever the hell he wants, inkeeping with the law of course. Skepticism does not equal being an insensitive fucking asshole that refuses to see facts and keeps to bring up what can only be described as false claims of photoshop to bring down any accusation of sexual harassment.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:16 pm

Selsiuss wrote:.

You haven’t been banned either so...

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Selsiuss wrote:I never got a private warning BTW.
Sooooooo like... are you saying that you've been banned from here in the past and that you're back now under a new account or something? Cause otherwise, why WOULD you have reason to think you should've gotten a private warning of any kind?

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:20 pm

Selsiuss wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
Selsiuss wrote:
If someone gets warned for their post, that's their warning for their post. Someone else making a similar statement in a different post should get a separate warning for that separate post.
The better way to handle it is delete the offending post in question and send the user a personal message with a warning. But no, insta-ban.

This is the part where you read moderator posts and use your critical thinking skills to translate their decrees into your behavior.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:20 pm

Well that would certainly explain why an account that otherwise hasn't been active in seven years suddenly showed back up again.

Hi, yes, after 36+ pages we don't have to keep listening to "this is all fake and a conspiracy," and we're under no obligation to coddle you with multiple "now now play nice" strikes if you keep going down that road.

Carry on.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SMKirbyZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SMKirbyZX » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:26 pm

The one thing I can conclude is that this whole thread is full of toxicity, and I don't just mean people who defend Vic. This whole situation is bringing out the worst in people. Mob mentality is truly a dangerous thing.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:28 pm

WittyUsername wrote:I know people thought I was being ridiculous when I said that I don’t want to be supporting Dragon Ball for the time being, but this past week has convinced me more than ever that I would be better off staying the hell away from this franchise until this mess settles down. I don’t want to have to deal with the baggage of contributing to the success of a series that’s connected to a company with this much drama behind it.
Vic is a dub actor, not the face of Dragon Ball. I don’t see why one asshole dub actor ruins an entire series for you, unless you’re primarily a dub only guy.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:29 pm

I'm going to reiterate this once more, because it bears repeating:

If you're someone who's still stubbornly making the case that "Its all lies, its all a conspiracy to take down poor old Vic!" THIS far into things after THIS much convincing and blatant evidence has come to light, if you're STILL defending this guy (or god help you, if you're one of the sad fucks making impassioned Youtube videos on his behalf) and your main emotional reasoning for stubbornly clinging to this belief is primarily because you just love this guy's Broli voice so damn much and it meant so much to you as a kid and whatnot: you are BEYOND pathetic and a textbook definitional example of what certain folks online would call a "beta male" and a "cuck".

Because what you're effectively saying is "I don't care that this guy is a sexual predator who has hurt possibly hundreds of underage girls, all I care about is my precious favorite childhood cartoon that made me feel good when I was 6!"
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:30 pm

MajinMan wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:I know people thought I was being ridiculous when I said that I don’t want to be supporting Dragon Ball for the time being, but this past week has convinced me more than ever that I would be better off staying the hell away from this franchise until this mess settles down. I don’t want to have to deal with the baggage of contributing to the success of a series that’s connected to a company with this much drama behind it.
Vic is a dub actor, not the face of Dragon Ball. I don’t see why one asshole dub actor ruins an entire series for you, unless you’re primarily a dub only guy.
I live in the U.S., so if I support Dragon Ball, I’m supporting FUNimation, and I don’t want to at this point.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:32 pm

SMKirbyZX wrote:The one thing I can conclude is that this whole thread is full of toxicity, and I don't just mean people who defend Vic. This whole situation is bringing out the worst in people. Mob mentality is truly a dangerous thing.
Muddying the waters to make things 50-50 and a toss up so that people can get away with denying victims' claims and predators can get off Scott-free is what is toxic.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:36 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
I live in the U.S., so if I support Dragon Ball, I’m supporting FUNimation, and I don’t want to at this point.
If you already own the dvds/blue rays then you’re not supporting Funimation any more than you already have.

I can kinda understand if you don’t want to buy anymore products with Funimation’s name attached to it as a licensee but you being involve in fandom talks or watching dvd/blue rays you already own isn’t putting money in Funimation’s pocket.

Shoot I just watch Dragon Ball on hulu so Funimation aint getting shit from me but advertising dollars I guess

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:36 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
MajinMan wrote:
I live in the U.S. too, and Funimation isn’t the one sexually assaulting people. Vic is. In fact, I think Funimation has removed him from a role already, and more removals in the future look likely. If you don’t want to buy the new or old Broly movies because Vic is in them (even though you can just watch them in Japanese), then I can somewhat understand.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

SMKirbyZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SMKirbyZX » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:36 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
SMKirbyZX wrote:The one thing I can conclude is that this whole thread is full of toxicity, and I don't just mean people who defend Vic. This whole situation is bringing out the worst in people. Mob mentality is truly a dangerous thing.
Muddying the waters to make things 50-50 and a toss up so that people can get away with denying victims' claims and predators can get off Scott-free is what is toxic.
Believe what you want to believe I guess? I see a much more complicated situation with no real conclusive answer. Consider the fact that arguments here aren't really going anywhere.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:37 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
MajinMan wrote:
That's quite the leap. Enjoying DB in the US doesn't mean you implicitly support every single decision they make.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:40 pm

Yeah. There are plenty of nice and upstanding people working at Funimation and Vic is already being fired from many upcoming projects. Funimation doesnt condone whaat Mignogna did at all.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:41 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
MajinMan wrote:
I mean, it's not like you're giving VIC your money. As per the rules of anime dub voice acting, they don't have to pay their actors royalties, even if they're union, due to it being a show or movie that's already done in another language first. You're still paying FUNi, but it's unlikely your money will be going directly to him, since they've already paid him for the voice work. It's not like FUNi backs up his actions or anything either. They're just a company & he's just someone they contracted to be in some of their dubs in a time where these things weren't at the forefronts of everyone's minds. You can't blame them for shit they didn't know of. That's unfair.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:42 pm

So does someone will prosecute him already because with everyone speaking about his case I'd like to have his case dealing with for people to move on.

Twitter / ANN / Rangerboard / Facebook / Kanzenshuu / Reddit and other board speak about him and his rape behavior let's put him in jail and let's the victimes rebuild themselves. I know I know life is not that easy but I just wish it was.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Scsigs wrote:. You can't blame them for shit they didn't know of. That's unfair.
It’s arguable that many people working for or at Funimation did know something. This shit didn’t come from nowhere and blindsight everyone like a vocal group wants to pretend it did.

That I said I pretty much agree with everything you said 110 percent