Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:49 am

I'm surprised Schemmel can immitate Vic's voice so well.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:57 am

Metalwario64 wrote:I'm surprised Schemmel can immitate Vic's voice so well.
Might as well get him to do Broly if they ever decide to redub.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:10 am

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:I'm surprised Schemmel can immitate Vic's voice so well.
Honestly if that's the case they may as well have Schemmel replace his roles then.

saiyanhajime
Not-So-Newbie

Post by saiyanhajime » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:17 am

Metalwario64 wrote:Anyone see this old video Schemmel and Strait made parodying Vic?
Ok, so this is genuinely funny to me as a peice of comedy and in Sean's skill.

But... Is no one going to address the elephant in the room here?

Sean is alluding to the stereotype that Christian campness = a pedophillic interest in young boys. Eekk. Careful there, Sean. Careful.

On a note unrelated to that, the behaviors Sean is presumably impersonating and exaggerating are incredibly telling that Vic's problematic traits - inappropriate enthusiasm, being touchy feely and unreasonable anger - are well known to his colleagues, regardless of anything else.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:54 am

:lol: Maybe Funimation should have Sean take over the voice of Edward Elric.
MasenkoHA wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:Anyone see this old video Schemmel and Strait made parodying Vic?
Well that comment section is fucking depressing.

I have no clue why Dic Mignogna is the pseudo celebrity a bunch of anime fans are willing to break their backs bending over backwards for
As I mentioned before, the Anti-SJW crowd runs Youtube! Most of the videos I've seen on Youtube are filled with people supporting Vic and bashing Rial, along with trying to "boycott" Funimation. I just hope it's the vocal minority.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:04 am

saiyanhajime wrote:
On a note unrelated to that, the behaviors Sean is presumably impersonating and exaggerating are incredibly telling that Vic's problematic traits - inappropriate enthusiasm, being touchy feely and unreasonable anger - are well known to his colleagues, regardless of anything else.

That’s what got me when the Youtube comments were all “I lost my respect for Sean!”

Like, you guys do realize Schemmel and Strait know Mignogna a lot better than you do right?

And some of them want to treat it as an attack on Vic’s religion but I found it super hard to believe in the state of TEXAS. Vic Mignogna is the only Christian in the Funimation employee list. I just really doubt his religion is his co-workers problem

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:57 am

WittyUsername wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
excelhedge wrote:The only reason Monica and Marchi are being targeted is becuase they made the the mistake of being public about the situation. Unlike everyone else including Vic himself giving generic simple "no comment" or a simple responses and dropping it.

These two instead come out to the "proverbial Shark Tank" of fans wanting answers and painted targets on their backs saying Vic harassed them and just being antagonistic in general.

Is it right? No. But they should have taken after their coworkers and just stopped talking about Vic in general.
That only makes abusers more powerful. This needs to be brought out into the open to diminish their power.
I would actually have to agree that I think it would’ve been best for everyone who’s worked with Vic Mignogna to simply keep quiet about the whole thing and let the guys in charge deal with things. Social media can be a very dangerous tool, and when someone has a dedicated fanbase, going after them can prove to be a very risky endeavor. That’s the problem with websites like Twitter and YouTube in general, really, any vindicative psychopath can join.
There are risks--of course--but there were risks to the Civil Right's movement and Woman's Suffrage, too. Victims of abuse have to drag these fuckers out into the open and control the pace of the movement. Corporations will always favor their own, especially when details are kept in the shadows. This movement isn't about getting someone fired, it's about removing them from our spaces where they have harmed us. Vignogna has harmed people in fandom spaces and work spaces. The public harmed by him is stronger if it inspires itself through public testimony.

"Wait your turn and let the system handle it" doesn't work for societal issues unless the society forces it to through a large and public people's movement.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:27 am

Even if Sean and Sonny knows Vic well and dislike him, wich they are free to do, they shouldn't record a video doing this kind of thing.
It's still unprofessional. It's the kind of behavior that makes people lose credibility.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:52 am

MasenkoHA wrote:
saiyanhajime wrote:

That’s what got me when the Youtube comments were all “I lost my respect for Sean!”

Like, you guys do realize Schemmel and Strait know Mignogna a lot better than you do right?

And some of them want to treat it as an attack on Vic’s religion but I found it super hard to believe in the state of TEXAS. Vic Mignogna is the only Christian in the Funimation employee list. I just really doubt his religion is his co-workers problem
Caitlin Glass is a Christian as well.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:18 am

SaintEvolution wrote:Even if Sean and Sonny knows Vic well and dislike him, wich they are free to do, they shouldn't record a video doing this kind of thing.
It's still unprofessional. It's the kind of behavior that makes people lose credibility.
Comedy is about being an outsider, not placating the establishment.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:40 am

SaintEvolution wrote:Even if Sean and Sonny knows Vic well and dislike him, wich they are free to do, they shouldn't record a video doing this kind of thing.
Given who it’s in regards to I hardly care.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:00 pm

excelhedge wrote:And that should be done in court under the guise of the law, after a verdict is made. Not on Social Media. You don't get to play the victim while antagonizing people or calling for Vic's balls.

We already know Vic is taking it to court so only time will tell.

So far Monica and Marchi really aren't doing themselves favors cuz if Vic's lawyers were smart they would have already taken screenshots of the tweets and facebook posts and use it to paint them as the ones harrassing Vic.

Meanwhile Vic's posts have been apologetic and not antagonistic, which just works even more for him.
You ever stop and think that maybe the entire problem with this topic is that the court system doesn't have the power to stop these kinds of things from happening?

Telling someone, "just let the legal system handle it" when it's not a legal matter is not helpful. Then to imply that they're wrong and immoral for trying to handle a civil matter in the civil arena is downright absurd.

Playing apologetic for a guy who gropes underage girls by screaming whataboutism for exposing this dude's behavior in the public eye is an extremely concerning misappropriation of outrage. Try being mad at the actual problem.

Then again, the fact that said underage girl-groper is causing such a divide in this community is really all that needs to be said on the topic.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:10 pm

saiyanhajime wrote:

Sean is alluding to the stereotype that Christian campness = a pedophillic interest in young boys. Eekk. Careful there, Sean. Careful.

Aside from his work as Broly, I'm not too familiar with Vic Mignogna. So I went to YouTube to see if I can listen to an interview and get some context to this. Jesus Christ. I get a full page of videos about how the allegations against Mignogna are a part of an "SJW agenda." I hate people.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:21 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
saiyanhajime wrote:

Aside from his work as Broly, I'm not too familiar with Vic Mignogna. So I went to YouTube to see if I can listen to an interview and get some context to this. Jesus Christ. I get a full page of videos about how the allegations against Mignogna are a part of an "SJW agenda." I hate people.
Yep, just got done watching a video that claimed this was a slander campaign set up by Marzgurl. :crazy:
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:59 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:I'm surprised Schemmel can imitate Vic's voice so well.
I'd rather see him do Sabo.
saiyanhajime wrote:

I mean, Sean comes from a Christian upbringing, so I don't think that's what that was. And, even then, that's usually priests who get stereotyped like that (not surprisingly), so...
Last edited by Scsigs on Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:06 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Even if it's comedy, they are (or were) still colleagues as voice actors. It's still unprofessional.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Scsigs wrote:I mean, Sean comes from a Christian upbringing, so I don't think that's what that was. And, even then, that's usually priests who get stereotyped like that (not surprisingly), so...
Funny you say that. Vic apparently was a pastor before going into voice acting.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:06 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
Even if it's comedy, they are (or were) still colleagues as voice actors. It's still unprofessional.
Decorum policing is just a distraction from the actual issue here: Vignogna is a piece of shit who uses his power to abuse others. Comedy is about keeping the powerful accountable. There is nothing unprofessional here.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:16 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote:
Scsigs wrote:I mean, Sean comes from a Christian upbringing, so I don't think that's what that was. And, even then, that's usually priests who get stereotyped like that (not surprisingly), so...
Funny you say that. Vic apparently was a pastor before going into voice acting.
He was a worship leader, not a pastor.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:27 pm

https://youtu.be/RHAAYD_upsM

I'm just going to post this here. There's still some missing details but there does seem to be a some links to the originator of the #kickvic , the founder of Anime Feminist, and the ANN article that had fake pics.