Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:11 pm

Yeah the fake SWAT thing was awful but notice how everyone from the “Kick Vic” owned up and admitted it was fake. So the idea that the Kick Vic side is spreading lies when they outright admit something is fake comes off as even more ridiculous.

I also see no admittance from the other side when they get something wrong. I continue to see the spreadcnof the same misinformation from the other side.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:31 pm

This isn't gonna really convince the people whose minds are made up, but I think MangaKamen put this in an interesting spin & sums up MY viewpoint pretty well. https://youtu.be/Zg_9XHUzSXU
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:33 pm

Vice is fighting back.

https://youtu.be/mQuVFgoZyRM
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:36 pm

Please don't leave drive-by YouTube video links without actually providing any context. Who are these people saying these things? Why should they be listened to? What do you actually think?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:38 pm

So the SWATTING incident was fake?

Good Lord... it just gets more disturbing with every day.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:39 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Please don't leave drive-by YouTube video links without actually providing any context. Who are these people saying these things? Why should they be listened to? What do you actually think?
What wrong with YouTube videos links these days.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:50 pm

The FIRST swatting incident was fake. After Schemmel posted about it on twitter someone tried to swat him for real.

They were actually in the clear for once and ended up ruining it for themselves anyway.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:01 pm

There's no saving the Youtube community...
Shaddy wrote:
Nah, they're probably going to say "that wasn't us that was someone on the kickvic side trying to make us look bad", which is of course going to seem awfully hypocritical while they parrot the "evidence-faking" facebook troll as proof that the victims are lying.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The Vic supporters are now gonna play the victim card hard and the ones on Twitter are probably celebrating by beating themselves off to the so-called "victory" regarding the swatting being all a lie.
Last edited by EXBadguy on Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:14 pm

EXBadguy wrote:There's no changing the Youtube community...
Shaddy wrote:
Nah, they're probably going to say "that wasn't us that was someone on the kickvic side trying to make us look bad", which is of course going to seem awfully hypocritical while they parrot the "evidence-faking" facebook troll as proof that the victims are lying.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The Vic supporters are now gonna play the victim card hard and the ones on Twitter are probably celebrating by beating themselves off to the so-called "victory" that the swatting was all a lie.
Do Sega also know about this allegations made against Mignogna, since Mignogna also play the role as E-123 Omega in the Sonic Franchise from 2010 - present day.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Young-Jah wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Please don't leave drive-by YouTube video links without actually providing any context. Who are these people saying these things? Why should they be listened to? What do you actually think?
He was saying you weren't very descriptive with what's in the video.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:44 pm

Scsigs wrote:This isn't gonna really convince the people whose minds are made up, but I think MangaKamen put this in an interesting spin & sums up MY viewpoint pretty well. https://youtu.be/Zg_9XHUzSXU
For a person who claims to not be taking sides, he seemed to spend a good deal of time mocking Team KickVic. That’s all I have to say.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Young-Jah wrote:
He was saying you weren't very descriptive with what's in the video.
The video talks about Mignogna fighting back, with a potential lawsuit and fake swatting exposed.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:49 pm

Those comments on the YouTube Videos are so sickening. Honestly this whole Vic thing has been really bad for
My mental health. Just seeing so many people attacking victims, continuing to spread misinformation, and acting like Vic is some kind of martyr and there is some grand conspiracy against him has really shown me how many awful people are out there.

Of the voice actors Monica Rial has gotten the worse of it. Some of the things said against her are so horrible and misygonist it’s really sickening.

I’ve muted the word Vic on Twitter because it’s really bad over there. This thread actually keeps my somewhat sane since people actually have common sense.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:12 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Scsigs wrote:This isn't gonna really convince the people whose minds are made up, but I think MangaKamen put this in an interesting spin & sums up MY viewpoint pretty well. https://youtu.be/Zg_9XHUzSXU
For a person who claims to not be taking sides, he seemed to spend a good deal of time mocking Team KickVic. That’s all I have to say.
I mean, he was only pointing out the bad actors on that side from what I saw. And, it's not like it was all he was doing. He also put in a dig at The Quartering & didn't deny the way the accusers were feeling. I felt his talk DID lean more towards the Standing With Vic side of the argument, but that's only because he focused on the bad actors on the KickVic side. I'm sure if you asked him to clarify his feelings & he answered, you'd see his other feelings on the situation.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Scsigs wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:
I mean, he was only pointing out the bad actors on that side from what I saw. And, it's not like it was all he was doing. He also put in a dig at The Quartering & didn't deny the way the accusers were feeling. I felt his talk DID lean more towards the Standing With Vic side of the argument, but that's only because he focused on the bad actors on the KickVic side. I'm sure if you asked him to clarify his feelings & he answered, you'd see his other feelings on the situation.
I just don't think that his mocking imitations of the KickVic people came across as particularly neutral. In general, he spent more time going after the people who are anti-Vic Mignogna than he did going after the people who are on Mignogna's side, so I don't know why he's even claiming to be neutral on the matter.

BlueChi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BlueChi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Shaddy wrote:The FIRST swatting incident was fake. After Schemmel posted about it on twitter someone tried to swat him for real.

They were actually in the clear for once and ended up ruining it for themselves anyway.
Schemmel might be bullshitting on that front. In the gaming community a lot of people get SWAT-ted and not one of them is warned beforehand. Which makes complete sense if they see you as potential threat. Why would the force warn you of their operation before they do it?

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:11 pm

Can't say I can side with Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial. They both wouldn't shut the fuck up. They're just making things worse.
The world is your's.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:19 pm

tinlunlau wrote:Can't say I can side with Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial. They both wouldn't shut the fuck up. They're just making things worse.
This is yet another extremely disappointing, awful viewpoint and yet again goes back to the seemingly-never-ending explanation of why assault/abuse victims don't always report.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:38 pm

BlueChi wrote:
Shaddy wrote:The FIRST swatting incident was fake. After Schemmel posted about it on twitter someone tried to swat him for real.

Schemmel might be bullshitting on that front. In the gaming community a lot of people get SWAT-ted and not one of them is warned beforehand. Which makes complete sense if they see you as potential threat. Why would the force warn you of their operation before they do it?
Some forces do that. I remember accidentally pressing the emergency number on my phone, hung it up, and then they called me back to ask if anything was wrong before the police came over. Different, but it can happen.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:09 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:Can't say I can side with Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial. They both wouldn't shut the fuck up. They're just making things worse.
This is yet another extremely disappointing, awful viewpoint and yet again goes back to the seemingly-never-ending explanation of why assault/abuse victims don't always report.
Have you read any of Jamie Marchi's tweets? Most of her comments are vile and disgusting. At least, Vic showed class.
The world is your's.