Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Broly深蓝 wrote:I mean

https://mobile.twitter.com/GhostShellZe ... 0339710979

Tweets like this and her herself saying

https://mobile.twitter.com/marchimark/s ... 3927104512

What is going on with these VAs is what I want to know
I posted about the first tweet you mentioned a few days ago. The closest thing we’ve had to an answer on that is this (https://mobile.twitter.com/UrbanValkyri ... 8551355392).

Anyway, people are also digging up old pictures of Monica Rial with fans as well. It seems like people are possibly trying to discredit them in order to vindicate Mignogna.

Broly深蓝

Post by Broly深蓝 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:47 pm

What is that, wow

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:51 pm

tinlunlau wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:Can't say I can side with Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial. They both wouldn't shut the fuck up. They're just making things worse.
This is yet another extremely disappointing, awful viewpoint and yet again goes back to the seemingly-never-ending explanation of why assault/abuse victims don't always report.
Have you read any of Jamie Marchi's tweets? Most of her comments are vile and disgusting. At least, Vic showed class.
"I may be a creepy p*dophil* who acts on my urges and sexually assault people but at least I'm nice!" Shallow decorum and tone-policing is completely pointless.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:57 pm

I think most of the studios that Vic is currently under or not under contract with besides Funimation might have to remove him from any upcoming projects.
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:40 pm

Apparently the woman who made up the SWAT thing was involved in the investigation that FUNi did about Vic:
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/02/s ... ssion=true

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:49 pm

Tian wrote:Apparently the woman who made up the SWAT thing was involved in the investigation that FUNi did about Vic:
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/02/s ... ssion=true
One attention seeking individual doesn’t change anything.

It’s sad Icky Vicky supporters are going to use her as evidence that Vic is innocent of any and all wrong doing.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:58 pm

It doesn't help that this is the first I've heard of this woman being involved with Funi's investigation, and that source isn't exactly unbiased.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:25 pm

Even when I was on the more cautious side, I'd still be hesitating to 100% believe the account of a site calling itself 'One Angry Gamer', all things considered. And considering Sheehan's request and comment that whoever did the fake hoaxing has issues that he's trying to look into getting them help for, someone 'sleuthing' it out and lambasting them online is...kinda shitty when you think about it, supposing they do have actual issues that they need to get help for. Again, assuming it's her at all - looking her up on BTVA, this actress hasn't exactly had a huge body of work, and her last role listed there was from 2007, and her only FUNi work listed is from 2006. For what it's worth, another check on her via ANN does list her for Fairy Tail's second run (which it says was 2014, but that might be the Japanese side of things), and for what it's worth, the Fairy Tail wiki entry for the same character name also lists her for the role.

Regardless, we're talking about someone who has done very little work with FUNimation overall, so all things considered, I have my doubts that 1) it's even her as the article suggested, or 2) that she would have been on that investigative council or whatever FUNi put together, as it also suggests, since she's had next to no connection with them.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:26 pm

Thought I'd break out a pertinent part of the Gizmodo article:
Gizmodo wrote:In summer 2018, as preparations were being made to record the dubbed vocals for Dragon Ball Super: Broly, two people connected to the project met with Funimation executives to suggest Mignogna be recast due to some improper conduct allegations making the rounds in the voice acting community, according to someone present at the meeting. This person, who asked not to be named, said that Funimation later told them the company was conducting an investigation into Mignogna’s conduct—but it was inconclusive, so Mignogna was kept on the project. io9 reached out to Funimation for comment on this report, and the company referred us back to its original statement:
Funimation wrote:Following an investigation, Funimation recast Vic Mignogna in Morose Mononokean Season 2. Funimation will not be engaging Mignogna in future productions.
So first, FUNi has recast Vic for Morose Mononokean's second season, making it at least somewhat likely he might be for Broly's physical/streaming release. Second, FUNi already did an investigation but it came up inconclusive, which to me says that this second one was leaning more towards being a good PR move than having their heart in the right place.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:27 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:
VegettoEX wrote: This is yet another extremely disappointing, awful viewpoint and yet again goes back to the seemingly-never-ending explanation of why assault/abuse victims don't always report.
Have you read any of Jamie Marchi's tweets? Most of her comments are vile and disgusting. At least, Vic showed class.
"I may be a creepy p*dophil* who acts on my urges and sexually assault people but at least I'm nice!" Shallow decorum and tone-policing is completely pointless.
It's still disgusting that you're calling this sexual assault. Said it several times, but it marginalizes actual sexual assault victims,(including one in this very thread) and is disingenuous/factually incorrect. Can't just throw around unsubstantiated felonies like it doesn't mean anything. It's slanderous, insensitive, and wrong.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:03 pm

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:16 pm

superfan2024 wrote:Big Monica Rial tweet:

https://twitter.com/Rialisms/status/1098028342475964417
Not to be hard on her, but I do wish she would’ve said this sooner. It might’ve saved a fair amount of YouTube drama at the very least.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:18 pm

WittyUsername wrote: It might’ve saved a fair amount of YouTube drama at the very least.
No it wouldn’t. YouTube is a mostly a cesspool.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:38 pm

It also takes a lot to come forward with this sort of stuff, especially precise details and especially publicly. It's not like mentioning that you saw a guy shoplift a pair of pants once or something.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:01 pm

I'm starting to think that Vic's hardcore fans are worse than he is.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:12 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I'm starting to think that Vic's hardcore fans are worse than he is.
The thing is, I don't think the most hardcore of his "supporters" making all this noise are even that much fans of Vic to begin with. They're opportunists from the shittiest corners of the internet finding the latest "SJW CONSPIRACY" to hitch their wagons to. Vic's biggest supporters were his cult of fangirls, not the standard alt-right trolls.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:17 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I'm starting to think that Vic's hardcore fans are worse than he is.
The thing is, I don't think the most hardcore of his "supporters" making all this noise are even that much fans of Vic to begin with. They're opportunists from the shittiest corners of the internet finding the latest "SJW CONSPIRACY" to hitch their wagons to. Vic's biggest supporters were his cult of fangirls, not the standard alt-right trolls.
Even then, I don't think all of the people defending Vic are alt-right. Like, you don't have to be that to disagree with SJWs or just the people that are against Vic in this case. Blanket labelling all of the people who're disagreeing alt-right isn't really that conducive here.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:21 pm

I feel like SJW isn't even a clearly defined archetype where at least with the alt-right you know they're a bunch of white supremacists and economic libertarians with a little misogyny, racism and transphobia tossed in there.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

TheLegend23
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegend23 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:27 pm

Find out Next time on dragon ball z ....

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:28 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I feel like SJW isn't even a clearly defined archetype where at least with the alt-right you know they're a bunch of white supremacists and economic libertarians with a little misogyny, racism and transphobia tossed in there.
SJW is just used as an insult when someone wants to attack people for being progressive and politically correct especially women.

I don’t trust anyone who uses the term in a mocking or negative way.