Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Scsigs » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:17 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:
Scsigs wrote: Oh, SJW is more than that. It's evolved into its own subculture of extreme far left views, like the alt-right is extreme far right views.
What are extreme left views?
The government should own the means of production?
Shutting down opinions they don't agree with by means of censorship, weird racism where they think certain things belong in certain cultures or else cry Cultural Appropriation (which isn't always a bad thing, mind you) when they see it & blame white people NOW for all of the problems of the world in the PAST, weird sexism where women can be empowered & shouldn't act too stereotypically female & men can't be masculine or else they'll cry about toxic masculinity (even though that's not what that means), getting upset when people call out the wrong or dumb things they say as it is & wanting people censored just for expressing alternate ideas even when they're not being bad about them. Just the ones I could think of off the top of my head from what I've seen. Basically Anita Sarkeesian's old quote, "Everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is homophobic & it's up to you to point it all out."
I'll add the disclaimer that that's the stereotypical SJW segment of the left that I've seen. Obviously, not everyone on the left is like this. I'm more on the left personally, but not to such a degree.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:26 am

gokaiblue wrote:Um.....why are we talking about Trump on a Dragon Ball forum?. This is about Vic still, right?
Guess Vic just brings out the worst in everybody lol
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:28 am

Son Gara wrote:
gokaiblue wrote:Um.....why are we talking about Trump on a Dragon Ball forum?. This is about Vic still, right?
I mean, talking about sensitive topics too long, especially when there's nothing left to say for now, tends to let your mind go other places.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:29 am

I will say this: If Sony is going to be involved in the potential lawsuit, Sony might settle to avoid a long, arduous lawsuit.

If I've learned anything from listening to Eric Bischoff's 83 Weeks podcast, the legal department of Turner Broadcasting settled dozens of lawsuits against WCW in the 90s to avoid drawing them out.
Unless Sony has their equivalent of Jerry McDevitt (WWE's attorney who made Turner's lawyers look like chumps in their copyright infringement lawsuit over Scott Hall and Kevin Nash using mannerisms similar to their Razor Ramon and Diesel personas), Sony might settle.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:53 am

Son Gara wrote:From what I've seen the dude is a cunt who thinks he's more important than he is. Dude, your claim to fame is playing a character who just screams one word over an over again. Fuck off.
Not defending Vic's actions, but he did Broly really well in the most recent movie.
Son Gara wrote:
Or it came from the SJW discussion from a few pages ago.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:16 am

The problem with all those negationists wanting "concrete evidence" is that it's a physical impossibility to obtain anything more concrete than VICtim stories and testimonials at this point. What, would you like DNA samples or some shit from events that occurred years ago? Even if that were possible, you aren't going to obtain those from relatively mild harrassment like that which Vic supposedly partook in many times. Hell, even if he gave some woman a black eye back in the day, there obviously wouldn't be any trace of that by today. That's why testimonials and stories are the best evidence we are ever going to get, and I think it would be foolhardy to just dismiss all those stories. People dont' just randomly, out of the blue conspire to screw up the career of an admittedly well-loved voice actor for no good reason.

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:17 am

This thread is a complete shitshow and shouldn't be on this forum at all. Why the admins have allowed it to stay, I have no clue. For me, it has really dampened the perceived integrity of this place.

Any value this thread could have provided disappeared as soon as politics and other frivolous internet nonsense entered the discussion.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:27 am

As for SJWs - good discussion - I'm currently of the opinion that while they did pose a serious problem even a couple years ago, right now SJW allegations are being overblown by the conservatives, who keep overreacting. They are just failing to notice that SJWs like say, "The Triggering" 's audience ("Trigglypuff", most notoriously) are now well in decline. The left is learning to communicate and discuss, because they have no other choice. I'm seeing more and more well-articulated statements and responses from progressives, meaning that at this point calling them "SJWs" would be doing them a disservice.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:45 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Ok... what does this post about our president and his policies whether you agree with them or not have anything to do with this topic???? Seriously, this seems almost totally irrelevant to the discussion at hand don't you think?
Yeah, I noted myself that the whole discussion was off-topic when I saw others doing it earlier. So I guess I'm a hypocrite.

That said, every once in a while I hear something so fucking stupid, I have to respond. This was one of those times; "Trump isn't a protectionist or a populist" is genuinely of the dumbest things I've ever heard, and the sheer dishonesty and stupidity combined in cherry-picking a single meaningless number to support such a blatant counterfactual is pathetic ("93,000 jobs were outsourced" when that's barely more than past years despite vast economic growth, and when it pales in comparison to the several hundred thousand reshored jobs under him [a nearly 125% rise from peak Obama years] per the Reshoring Initiative or the sheer scale of his trade war). This isn't an astronomy forum either, but if someone offhandedly said "actually the Earth is flat" as if it was the most natural thing in the world, I'd have to respond then too.

...enough of that, then.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:45 am

TKA wrote:
Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:here is this good-looking (straight guy here, but this is quite obvious; the guy is an actor), charismatic and very well-known in the anime community with, as someone said, his army of fangirls. Why did he feel the need to approach women in this way?
Sexual assault generally isn't about sex, but power. Bill Cosby likely could've had sex with any of those women, and some even consented, but what he wanted was the power over them when they're passed out.
I think it's about both, but that's not really the kind of discussion I want to get into. I get your point, though.

Re Bill Cosby, I'm not so sure about that either. Some of the women, yes, but most I feel like he would have had a hard time getting consent from. Hence the drugs. But he's clearly a sociopath either way because only a sociopath can justify doing that shit across decades.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:29 am

Scsigs wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Kokonoe wrote: What are extreme left views?
The government should own the means of production?
Shutting down opinions they don't agree with by means of censorship, weird racism where they think certain things belong in certain cultures or else cry Cultural Appropriation (which isn't always a bad thing, mind you) when they see it & blame white people NOW for all of the problems of the world in the PAST, weird sexism where women can be empowered & shouldn't act too stereotypically female & men can't be masculine or else they'll cry about toxic masculinity (even though that's not what that means), getting upset when people call out the wrong or dumb things they say as it is & wanting people censored just for expressing alternate ideas even when they're not being bad about them. Just the ones I could think of off the top of my head from what I've seen. Basically Anita Sarkeesian's old quote, "Everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is homophobic & it's up to you to point it all out."
I'll add the disclaimer that that's the stereotypical SJW segment of the left that I've seen. Obviously, not everyone on the left is like this. I'm more on the left personally, but not to such a degree.
The thing about what you're saying is that there isn't a set of ideals that apply to left to this degree. If you were to combine everything you stated, there would be a very few that share this view. Whereas the Alt-Right for example have a clear defined set of believes such as pro gun, racism, homophobia, etc.

There isn't a "far-left" because there isn't a particular view (from the ones listed by you) that is adopted by a large enough group for it to be considered that. Some of the things you've said are also misguided I feel? Masculinity in itself is not a issue, it's the kind of masculinity like "be a man", "you play like a girl", "don't wear pink as a boy", or "you're such a pussy", etc that is the toxic bit that deserves criticism.

As for Anita Sarkeesian's comment, that's taken out of context big time. She's criticizing her self when she was younger when she first started learning about politics and that was her mindset as someone young. It was self-deprecating humor and the audience laughed when she said "everything" is.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:42 am

Looks like something did happen to that Samantha Samantha INOUE-HARTE‘s door after all. A police report was actually filed.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/intere ... ef/.143617

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:51 am

Kinokima wrote:Looks like something did happen to that Samantha Samantha INOUE-HARTE‘s door after all. A police report was actually filed.

Swiss Cheese has holes but it's actually damn nice, whereas this article is full of holes anyone can just see through.

You're telling me she was incapable of BLURRING sensitive information so she used a photo from 2016? :lol: ANN has lied time and time again, and so has this "victim." She lost her credibility, and ANN, too.

But hey, it totally was a Vic MAGA Trump Alt-Right supporter who did it (sarcasm).

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:48 am

Kinokima wrote:Looks like something did happen to that Samantha Samantha INOUE-HARTE‘s door after all. A police report was actually filed.

Inoue-Harte previously relayed an account involving Vic Mignogna on February 5 where she alleged that she encountered him having sex on her bed in her hotel room
wait wat
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:54 am

Son Gara wrote:From what I've seen the dude is a cunt who thinks he's more important than he is. Dude, your claim to fame is playing a character who just screams one word over an over again. Fuck off.
More like his claim to fame was Edward Elric.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:13 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:But hey, it totally was a Vic MAGA Trump Alt-Right supporter who did it (sarcasm).
Why do you have to go there?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:19 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:

Swiss Cheese has holes but it's actually damn nice, whereas this article is full of holes anyone can just see through.

You're telling me she was incapable of BLURRING sensitive information so she used a photo from 2016? :lol: ANN has lied time and time again, and so has this "victim." She lost her credibility, and ANN, too.

But hey, it totally was a Vic MAGA Trump Alt-Right supporter who did it (sarcasm).

She may very well be lying but ANN has not lied about a single thing. Pretty much everything that people claim ANN is lying about has been proven are not lies at all. Just YouTube videos twisting stuff from the initial article to fit their scummy narrative.

That’s the irony the I Stand with Vic side keep saying their are lies and fabrications on the Kick Vic side when most things the yootube videos and their side has been talking about has been twisted and shown to be blatant misinformation yet they keep spreading the same lies.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:21 pm

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/02/ ... eputation/
“Words cannot express the depth of my gratitude for all the kindness and support that has been shown to me over the last few weeks. I had hoped that my apologies and acknowledgments, both public and private, would be received. But I have no very reluctantly retained a law firm as my last and only recourse to attempt to salvage my reputation and my 20-year career in this industry.

A friend expressed a desire to set up a GoFundMe for legal expenses, I approved his kind offer and am so grateful, but I am not managing it, nor will I personally receive any of it. Any surplus will go to the Salvation Army Dallas Domestic Violence Abuse Shelters.

I hold no malice towards anyone. I just love my work and the fans, and sincerely wish to continue.”
Huh... well, this'll get messy.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:30 pm

Well, at least he's not getting any of the GoFundMe money for himself, at the very least.

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TVfan721 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlD_Qj4TDFA

What are people's takes on this guy and his videos? He's a very open Vic supporter who is trying to accuse Sean, Chris and Monica of the same allegations as Vic.