Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:02 am

MasenkoHA wrote:Fans who are getting all upset about this because of their attachment to Vic as a voice actor are part of the problem *shrug*
Making claims without showing evidence aren't part of the problem? Oh, okay.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:13 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
MasenkoHA wrote:Fans who are getting all upset about this because of their attachment to Vic as a voice actor are part of the problem *shrug*
Being sexually assaulted and then being told to shut up about it by some dipstick on the internet because they didn't have the presence of mind to make sure they acquired evidence from the scary motherfucker assaulting them sure is a mood.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:20 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
You're just gonna keep beating this drum even after having it explained to you like a five year old, eh?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:36 am

"There wouldn't be a problem if they didn't make allegations!"

There also wouldn't be a problem if a sexual assaulting piece of shit didn't touch ladies across several decades.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:47 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
This has been explained to you and others in incredibly simple terms as far back as the beginning of this thread.

Let’s try again

MULTIPLE people not ONE or a few MUlTIPLE people giving testimonies about his behavior going back years and years is evidence.

His co-workers knowing and confirming that this is his behavior is evidence

This asinine idea that you need videos and photos showing hitting on underage girls or groping them is mind blowingly dumb. This idea that “I didn’t personally see him do it and no one had the foresight to tape all their interactions with him so it’s probably not true” is toxic as fuck and why so many people who are assaulted don’t speak up. The fact that Monica Rial came forward with her own experience and the “own the libs ans feminist anti-sjw skeptic brigade” has come after her is gross.

Anyone who honestly thinks this many people who have said the same thing about the same person for years are just lying or misinformed is an idiot. Full stop

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:48 am

IgnorantFuniFan wrote:
You're right, but it still sucks that someone who voiced one of your favorite villains gets hit with many, many sexual harassment allegations. It's best to seperate the art from the artist
It’s almost like he should of just not been a creep.

IgnorantFuniFan

Post by IgnorantFuniFan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:30 am

MasenkoHA wrote:
IgnorantFuniFan wrote:
You're right, but it still sucks that someone who voiced one of your favorite villains gets hit with many, many sexual harassment allegations. It's best to seperate the art from the artist
It’s almost like he should of just not been a creep.
I agree. After enough awkward encounters with fans you'd think he'd get the hint that what he's doing isn't exactly socially acceptable
Let's just all get along and beat each other up

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:44 am

Scsigs wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:I'm starting to think that Funimation might get the same treatment that Lucasfilm received. Who's familiar with the Thr Last Jedi & Solo fiasco?

Call it the Right-Wing/White Super Conservative/Alt-Right/Anti-SJW Revolt!
I don't think so. Last Jedi was a film that was scripted to subvert TOO much while having other bad stuff, but some good things too, which is why it got a bad reception from people. FUNi only fired an employee. A popular one, sure, but what's done is done. They're gonna go on whether or not they have Vic working for them or not. That's always been a certainty.
Okay, maybe I wasn't being clear on the circumstances. You're right about TLJ, but what I'm talking about is the outrage culture. Both the left and right take part in that. I'm saying that some folks shouldn't underestimate the right wing outrage...much...because there are a few examples where they succeeded, such as Battlefield 5. Now I do think that more and more people will get over this, but Funimation still has to be prepared.

I'm afraid that one day if Schemmel, Sabat, or Rial was hosting an event or part of a Con, there would be a dozen protesters who haven't showered in a month with their picket signs of Vic's face in them. They'd be screaming "#HimToo" or "Justice for Vic" or some shit.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:54 am

I've been watching this situation unfold but figured it was time to chime in with my own 2 cents. This will be my only post about it

First, some parts of the fandom really need to look at their arguments. I'm tired of seeing:

*Allegations happen*

"Well he's innocent until proven guilty"

*Funimation conducts an investigation and lets him go based on findings*

"Lol right "EvIdEnCe""

Clearly, Funimation must clearly have found something of truth in these allegations in order to legally let him go.

I understand being upset that Vic is no longer working to voice some of your favorite characters. But it's not like he's been struck from the history books. He's still Broly. He's still Bui from Yu Yu Hakusho. You have all the old media (home releases, video games, etc.) to go back and love. That does not excuse refusing to acknowledge or ignoring what he has done. But being upset by the issues does not give anyone the right to victim blame. If anything, you should be upset that Vic would choose to act in such a manner. And to those that are citing some "conspiracy" due to the new movie, people don't just wake up and say they want to ruin someone career. This was a matter of people finally having the courage to come out and discuss the problems they have had. And I hope if this was something Funimation knew about (given the history of allegations) that other people are held to the fire for sheltering him or not doing something sooner about such behavior

As I said, my only post. You all continue to have your discussion and have a wonderful day :wave:

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:14 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
Comedy is about being an outsider, not placating the establishment.
Even if it's comedy, they are (or were) still colleagues as voice actors. It's still unprofessional.
Decorum policing is just a distraction from the actual issue here: Vignogna is a piece of shit who uses his power to abuse others. Comedy is about keeping the powerful accountable. There is nothing unprofessional here.
Comedy is not an unilimited thing that justifies everything and can be used as a shield always. It can be used for incorrect and wrong purposes as well. Jokes about LGBT people, or about handicapped people, or about any other minority can be considered comedy as well, but are bad too. Comedy isn't something that cannot be misused.

And I'm pretty sure you don't approve this kind of comedy about minorities. I don't think you are wrong in not approving it, since I do not approve it as well, but just for coherence, you should not support Sean on what he did just because of "comedy" purposes. If you wanna support it using other argument than that, ok, it's all with you. But "comedy" isn't a shield that can be used always without consequences or disapproval.

Even if Mignogna is an abuser, or a piece of shit as you call him, the thing Schemmel and Strait did was still unprofessional at the time they did it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:59 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Here's my two cents.

I personally feel that Vic is guilty do to the large number of accusations over the length of time the stories come from. That being said I don\t think we should be banning people on a Dragonball form just because they have a different opinion then we do. I've seen a lot of idiots supporting Vic and I've seen some people that support Vic that I wouldn't cast out in the same way that I have seen so KickVic people that were taking things a little too far.

I feel that there are too many women coming out with stories against Vic but at the end of the day I am not a victim and was not there that is between Vic, the victims and God who know the Truth. Once again I don't believe this at all but what if Monica and Jamie are trying to get Vic fired and what if Vic is guilty but it was not his attention to hurt his victim as he said in his apology. I think stories are enough evidence because I have not seen anything to say that these victims would make up stories like with Chris Hardwick where his ex had flaws in her story and there was clear reasons she would make up likes about Chirs. Vic doesn't seem to have those saving graces that Hardwick did in the stories.

Saying that to see even though I don't believe I can see why some stand with Vic and I can see others going to the extreme to defend him because they are assholes such as believing Vic has a right to touch any woman any way he once. Yes their extremists out there but they are on both sides and yes I have seen some bad comments throughout this entire thread but their are a couple people who I feel shouldn't get the boot just because they stand on a different side with us weather that be a right or wrong side.

Using a personal example a close Friend of mine thought people were lying on Bill Cosby in till the evidence piled up and another friend of mine who stood with Vic did so as they were not fully informed as I mentioned that amount of time the allegations went as well as what is the smoking gun to me the victim from 1989. I just personally feel that while some of these stories could be false it\s impossible that all of them are false and I don\t see Jamie and Monica risking their career making false statements to get rid of one voice actor. I mean if this was true why just Vic, why not someone else?

A final point is that Vic apologized and the way the video felt to me was a man that knew he was guilty but was not intentionally setting out to hurt people and was trying to make amends now versus a man that was innocent and needed to defend himself.

To end this again what I don't think we should do is go on a witch hunt and kick people off a Dragonball forum for saying they want more evidence especially when there is an ignore feature. If someone breaks a rule or makes a nasty post about a member or a victim I say give them the boot but just simply defending Vic, let them stay and try to convince them why they should switch sides or ignore them. I know it is hard especially to someone who has personal experience with abuse sometimes the stupid asshole is just uneducated not necessarily an asshole and some times there are.
Thank you for this comment. It's mostly what I think now, especially with Vic's role and intentions in this entire thing. I think he is guilty at least for most of the cases, but at the same time, I can see some truth in his apology.

And yeah, ban people or telling them to fuck themselves just because they disagree with some opinion is some kind of unnecessary at most cases.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:22 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Clearly, Funimation must clearly have found something of truth in these allegations in order to legally let him go.
I’m pretty sure legality has nothing to do with it. In many places, you can be fired for virtually any reason. Contrary to what Vic apologists like to think, no one is entitled to be employed. Even if you agree with the narrative that this is much ado about nothing, the drama surrounding Vic could be sufficient enough reason to get rid of him.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:16 pm

So I guess this thread is just dead set on erroneously throwing around felonies as if they mean nothing.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:37 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: Even if Mignogna is an abuser, or a piece of shit as you call him, the thing Schemmel and Strait did was still unprofessional at the time they did it. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Why are you so hellbent on putting sexual misconduct and unprofessionalism on the same level of importance in this thread?
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote: Even if Mignogna is an abuser, or a piece of shit as you call him, the thing Schemmel and Strait did was still unprofessional at the time they did it. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Why are you so hellbent on putting sexual misconduct and unprofessionalism on the same level of importance in this thread?
Moving the goal posts is the only way for them to 'win'.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:01 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
I'm not putting in the same level. I never said that what Schemmel did was in the same level of what Vic did, I never used that words. But both are misconducts, even if one of them is worse than the other.
JulieYBM wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote:
Moving the goal posts is the only way for them to 'win'.
You are just distorting what I said and using of bad faith to tell what my intentions are.
This only makes you lose credibility. Not me.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:03 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: I'm not putting in the same level. I never said that what Schemmel did was in the same level of what Vic did, I never used that words. But both are misconducts, even if one of them is worse than the other.
And yet you are very, very preoccupied with one over the other, like someone more concerned with a scrape on their left arm over the fact that their right arm is broken in seven places.
Special Beam Cannon!

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:10 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote: I'm not putting in the same level. I never said that what Schemmel did was in the same level of what Vic did, I never used that words. But both are misconducts, even if one of them is worse than the other.
And yet you are very, very preoccupied with one over the other, like someone more concerned with a scrape on their left arm over the fact that their right arm is broken in seven places.
I'm preoccupied about the two situations. You saying I'm more preoccupied with one than the other is just an assumption of you.

Well, big or small, a misconduct is a misconduct, and comedy doesn't justify everything just because of convenience.

Also, a scrape can cause a lot of problems if is not threated as it needs to be. Vic was already fired and there is not so much more to comment about him until now. This doesn't make Sean Schemmel and Sonny Strait better.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:40 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:You saying I'm more preoccupied with one than the other is just an assumption of you.
No actually it's your post history but thanks
Special Beam Cannon!

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:47 pm