How many Super Saiyan hair colors exist as of yet?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How many Super Saiyan hair colors exist as of yet?

Post by KBABZ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:10 am

I'd also like to add in the Black category already mentioned, the extremely non-canon Super Saiyan from the Lord Slug movie, that's sort of black with red light cast on the edges.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:37 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It's still called SSGSS, SSB is a crappy nickname.
It's recognized officially as both, moreso Super Saiyan Blue than Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (SSGSS). You can tell why they decided to simplify it as the original term/nickname was ridiculously long and confusing.

So, there's Super Saiyan God and that's fine but then for the blue form it's called "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan", some might even think it's a joke or a typo someone made while coming up with it.

Let's hope there's no "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God Extreme Super Saiyan" (SSGSSGEASS). lol And I thought there were already too many S's in SSGSS.
In official material the form is called SSGSS. Even the recent movie stuff. The only instance I know of where SSGSS is labelled as SSB is the DBS card game.

I know I am being pedantic here but it does slightly annoy me when people say SSGSS was the original name. I understand the reason for a nickname but they could have come up with something more inspiring!

(Yes it annoys me everytime SSB is mentioned in show which is why I am glad it wasn't name dropped in Broly!)

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:27 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:When was cyan in the 08 special?
Goku had a blue Super Saiyan aesthetic going, when defeating AvoCado, due to the lighting of their ki blasts.
Yeah, but... that's just lighting/effects, though? Why is it included? It's like saying "purple" is a Saiyan hair colour because of this:

New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:46 am

Kaboom wrote:Well let's see, sticking only to "Super Saiyan" forms...
  • Gold: Super Saiyan and all its variations from the original story.
  • Greenish-Gold: Broli in his "Legendary" Super Saiyan form, both in his original appearance as well as his new revamp Super movie.
  • Black: Back to the natural base-form color for Super Saiyan 4 in GT. At least for Goku, while Vegeta's is more of a very dark brown.
  • Red: Gogeta's version of Super Saiyan 4, for some reason, as well as Super Saiyan God in Battle of Gods and Super.
  • Blue: Blue-Haired Super Saiyan in Resurrection F and Super, as well as Vegeta's Even-Bluer-Haired Super Saiyan exclusive to the Super anime.
  • Pink: Goku Black's exclusive Pink-Haired Super Saiyan form in Super.
That's pretty much it, at least that I can remember. Most other things people might cite (Kaio-Ken, Ultra Instinct, etc) aren't actually Saiyan transformations.
There is also white from Mira and Fu. Black-ish is also used for False Super Saiyan.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Black & Brown: Base Saiyans
Yellow: SSJ1, 2, 3 & Rage
Green: LSSJ/Berzerk
Red: SSG & and the fur of SSJ4
Blue: SSB & SSBE
Pink/Violet: SSJ Rose

That's basically it for now
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.