Lack of females characters in Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bruma rabu
Regular

Re: Lack of females characters in Dragon Ball

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:33 pm

ABED wrote:Which proves that she doesn't do anything important.
Case close I guess. Ya got me she's pretty much pointless and is nothing more than a trophy for kururin.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:44 pm

Yet topic still open for discuss other things about female characters in Dragon Ball what would you want to see happen in Dragon Ball ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Yet topic still open for discuss other things about female characters in Dragon Ball what would you want to see happen in Dragon Ball ?
I'd like to see it end. That's not a mere pithy comment. I literally want to see the story come to a proper conclusion.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:59 pm

ABED wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Yet topic still open for discuss other things about female characters in Dragon Ball what would you want to see happen in Dragon Ball ?
I'd like to see it end. That's not a mere pithy comment. I literally want to see the story come to a proper conclusion.
I feel like GT, for all its many many many flaws and issues had probably the best possible ending for Dragon Ball.

I just don’t think Super (or possibly a brand new anime) had any reason to exist. Battle of the Gods was a nice treat for the fans but it should have been a one and done deal not an excuse to make a brand new Dragon Ball series.

And I know and understand reasons people don’t like Kai but I’m fine with its existence even if screwed up by reducing the entire first half of the manga into a prologue to say nothing of the music issue

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:23 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:I just don’t think Super (or possibly a brand new anime) had any reason to exist. Battle of the Gods was a nice treat for the fans but it should have been a one and done deal not an excuse to make a brand new Dragon Ball series.
I mean the mere existence of Super is a declaration by Toei that they never want it to end. Especially by setting it within Z rather than after it and making the character look like they were in the Cell arc in perpetuity.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Kale and Caulifla getting maried, Beers and Shin getting married, Chirai and Broli getting married and having kids while also running a smuggling business with Lemo. Additionally, Mai and Trunks having kids and Bra becoming a slutty high school gyaru who seduces Goten.

Also, my ideas for Videl and Chi-Chi in my previous post.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:19 pm

A female big bad would be an interesting change of pace.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:28 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Kale and Caulifla getting maried, Beers and Shin getting married, Chirai and Broli getting married and having kids while also running a smuggling business with Lemo. Additionally, Mai and Trunks having kids and Bra becoming a slutty high school gyaru who seduces Goten.

I like most of this but idk bout beerus/shin and bra being sluty everything else tho I'm down. But the broly/chirai wouldn't that make her brolys trophy. That's the logic I'm seeing here.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Bruma rabu wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:

I like most of this but idk bout beerus/shin and bra being sluty everything else tho I'm down. But the broly/chirai wouldn't that make her brolys trophy. That's the logic I'm seeing here.
Chirai is Broli's biggest cheerleader and her personality is also a lot of fun to see play out.

Bra being a bigger slut than her mom would be hilarious, especially if she fought, too.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:20 pm

ABED wrote:A female big bad would be an interesting change of pace.
I agree

As long as she doesn’t take the backseat when a new bad guy shows up later in the same arc as well

Like maybe

- a Wanted Criminal from Universe 11 who rivals Jiren’s power due to a connection to the person who messed up Jiren’s life.

Or

- a Deity (God or Demon) who was sealed a long time ago for something horrifying.

Or

- A Evil Female Saiyan from Universe 6?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:32 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
I agree

As long as she doesn’t take the backseat when a new bad guy shows up later in the same arc as well

Like maybe

- a Wanted Criminal from Universe 11 who rivals Jiren’s power due to a connection to the person who messed up Jiren’s life.

Or

- a Deity (God or Demon) who was sealed a long time ago for something horrifying.

Or

- A Evil Female Saiyan from Universe 6?
A Glory from Buffy like evil deity character

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:45 pm

The Glory example is apt.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:40 am

Android 21? Towa?
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:19 am

ruler9871 wrote:
Android 21? Towa?
In a dedicated story arc not hampered by the fact that it's a Dragon Ball game, obviously!

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:01 am

ruler9871 wrote:
Android 21? Towa?
I don't play video games and I have no idea who they are.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:28 pm

ABED wrote:
ruler9871 wrote:
Android 21? Towa?
https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Android_21

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Towa

—-

But we need a Female Main Villain for the anime and Super Manga (as I said before doesn’t take the backseat when a new bad guy shows up in the same story)

ZodaEX
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodaEX » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:42 am

ZeroDio wrote:
ABED wrote:
ruler9871 wrote:
Android 21? Towa?
https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Android_21

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Towa

—-

But we need a Female Main Villain for the anime and Super Manga (as I said before doesn’t take the backseat when a new bad guy shows up in the same story)
That's not a need. It's a want. A desire.