Why did Vortexx remove the Dragon (Shen Long) from the Kai Opening?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Why did Vortexx remove the Dragon (Shen Long) from the Kai Opening?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:04 pm

Was there a specific reason? Offensive to some people? Try to be culturally sensitive? Vortexx saying dragons don't exist (well, not like that anyway)?

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Re: Why did Vortexx remove the Dragon (Shen Long) from the Kai Opening?

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:35 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Was there a specific reason? Offensive to some people? Try to be culturally sensitive? Vortexx saying dragons don't exist (well, not like that anyway)?
I haven't heard or seen any specific reason for why Shenron was removed from the intro, it's a really odd edit to be sure though not as bizarre as some of the others in the Toonzai/CW4Kids/Vortexx version i.e. neon blue Mr. Popo and people exploding into sparkles.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:38 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:Was there a specific reason? Offensive to some people? Try to be culturally sensitive? Vortexx saying dragons don't exist (well, not like that anyway)?
I haven't heard or seen any specific reason for why Shenron was removed from the intro, it's a really odd edit to be sure though not as bizarre as some of the others in the Toonzai/CW4Kids/Vortexx version i.e. neon blue Mr. Popo and people exploding into sparkles.
There was at least an explanation for blue Popo though.

And the sparkles was probably to tone down the violence.

Cutting out Shenron from the opening was just bizarre

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:54 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
There was at least an explanation for blue Popo though.

And the sparkles was probably to tone down the violence.

Cutting out Shenron from the opening was just bizarre
I mean, i can understand why those edits were done and their reasoning for making them. It's just if you've only ever seen the uncut home video version or the Nicktoons version during it's run then you would likely be caught off guard by all the additional changes like the aforementioned and they do very look odd to be honest

And yeah, the Shenron behind Goku edit made no sense at all. I can't figure for the life of me why they did that.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)