Favourite Filler Episode

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Cell
Not-So-Newbie
Location: I don't know where this place is but it sure is wierd.

Post by Majin Cell » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:30 am

I've always liked the episode where Nappa and Vegeta land on that bug planet . When I saw it for the first time, I was just amazed at the power of Nappa and Vegeta. They killed those elite warriors and that giant monster so easily, I could'nt help but think that the earth fighters were in for one tough battle. Then when Vegeta destroyed the ENTIRE planet with just two fingers, I was speechless.
It is impossible to improve upon perfection.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:18 am

That episode was awesome. Same with the robot / cave one.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Gogeta101

Post by Gogeta101 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:41 pm

The episodes after chibi-buu is killed and when Majin Buu is living like a human.
I am neither Goku nor Vegeta!!
Jump! Friend Code:[b]3479 7919 1171[/b]

Grandmaster J
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Grandmaster J » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:14 pm

One of my favorites is during the Cell Games saga, when Goku goes on a hunt for the Dragon Balls and gets tricked into solving that puzzle, provided by Tao Pai Pai, in order to get the last ball.

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:44 pm

Driving episode for the win! It so funny to see Goku, one of the strongest heroes on earth, not being able to get a drivers' license.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Goshin

Post by Goshin » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:46 am

Rocketman wrote:The driving episode. :lol:
most defintiely! :lol: i loved the outfit piccolo was wearing

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:41 am

I totally loved the Driving episode. Most hilarious episode ever! Especially in Japanese. Oh and I also really liked the "He's Always Late" episode with the party after the Buu fights. You get to see them dance! :shock:

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:46 am

This is an easy one for me. "Goku's Ordeal", no contest. That episode is hilarious.

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:54 am

I really like the Dr.Frappe episode of Dragon Ball. Even though it contradicts what is said later, in my heart, Frappe had something to do with #8s design. It was really cute, and had more Murasaki Purple!!!

In fact, the only filler I don't like are the Garlic Jr. stuff (because it makes no sense and takes forever to go anywhere, and isn't worth the wait), and the unneeded extension between punches, used A LOT throughout DBZ. Y'know, when the fight will start, then slooooooooow waaaaaaaay doooooooown, and slooooooooow pick itself back up, only to slooooooooooooooooooow dooooooooooooown agaaaaaaaaaain. Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT didn't have this problem. GT didn't need filler (since, it sorta was), and Dragon Ball filled by making up cute stories, and adding to fights. Not slowing them down. This is the only reason I tend to like Dragon Ball most, and GT slightly more than Z. In terms of the Anime versions.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:21 pm

QuantumDestiny wrote:I totally loved the Driving episode. Most hilarious episode ever! Especially in Japanese.
Crap..unless I'm really losing memory, I don't think I've ever seen the driving episode from beginning to end. *bad fan*
QuantumDestiny wrote:Oh and I also really liked the "He's Always Late" episode with the party after the Buu fights. You get to see them dance! :shock:
The episode clearly points out the difference between the dub and original. If you guys get a chance, watch it and you'll understand.
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:33 pm

I particularly liked when Tao Pai Pai showed up again in the Cell Game arc. in the ten days before it, plus it showed a little more to the last ten peaceful days on Earth before the big rumble.
Crap..unless I'm really losing memory, I don't think I've ever seen the driving episode from beginning to end. *bad fan*
GASP! *cleanses you*
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:53 pm

:arrow: Lunch's Appearences in Dragon Ball Z. Specially the one where she gets drunked.
Last edited by DB_Fan on Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:16 pm

Uh. You might want to watch your spelling there DB_Fan.
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:47 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:
QuantumDestiny wrote:Oh and I also really liked the "He's Always Late" episode with the party after the Buu fights. You get to see them dance! :shock:
The episode clearly points out the difference between the dub and original. If you guys get a chance, watch it and you'll understand.
-Rick
I've seen it in both versions, I just couldn't remember the original episode title! Blah, the music is so much better in the original.

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:50 am

a lot of filler in Dragon Ball is nice, the first time we saw Tien, the Goku goes to demon world, just to name a few. The Lord Asuru was very nice, Goku already defeating other life forms and defeating demons.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:41 pm

I pretty much liked all the filler episodes during the Android/Cell saga.

My favorites are the driving episode and *looks around* Memories of Gohan.
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

Gokuden553
Banned

Post by Gokuden553 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:26 pm

I always found the driving episode really funny, the best episode of the bunch :lol:

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:59 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

mister yummy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mister yummy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:24 am

I too vastly enjoy the episode mentioned in the preceding post. Anything where Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Kurillin get to fight is great.

I really like Trouble on Arila. This episode, as well as the other, make the veiwer appriciate just how strong the saiya-jin are, in a way the battle with Radditz couldn't.

The one where Gohan helps a girl and her grandfather stop a bad man from exploiting the villagers by building a huge fortress. Cyborg Tao Pai Pai makes an apperance, which is always good, and Gohan gets into a goku-esque situation when he accidently feels up the girl.

the Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Chaotsu, and Kurillin training for the 23rd budokai filler. Kurillin gets his first taste of romance with Mint, and the humans get to kick some ass.

Gohan's 11th birthday. I love this kind of stuff that deals more with relationships than fighting. I'm more af a shoujo kinda guy, I suppose, when you get down to it. But, Dragonball is still my favorite anime trilogy.

He's Always Late. The party is hillarious. I love when Vegita is eating, and Buu is watching, and Vegita teases him.

There are a lot more. I love the filler stuff. I don't even mind Garlic Jr. and Fake Namek that much. And I love the 10 days peace and Anoyo-ichi Budokai stuff.

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:58 am

The Ginyu Force vs Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Chaozu episode.