Favourite Filler Episode

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Favourite Filler Episode

Post by chibi_goten » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:25 am

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I couldn't find a topic so I will make it anyways.

Anyways,

One of my favourite fillers is from Dragonball and the episode is,

''129. Son Goku, the Time Traveler''

This is the episode when Goku is training with Popo. Popo takes him to the Room of Spirit and Time and sends him back in the past. I like this episode because although it's funny, I like it how you get the chance to see the young rivalry between Muten-Rôshi and Tsuru-Sen'nin.
- Scott

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:38 am

We've had this thread before . . . though I think it was long enough ago where it's not an issue. But chibi_goten, I guarantee you that there's going to be an overwhelming support for the driving episode.

THE DRIVING EPISODE: Where logic takes a holiday and Goku and Piccolo fail at one of life's little lessons. (*glances*) Hey, what the hell's wrong with my avatar . . . ?
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by chibi_goten » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:42 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:We've had this thread before
I thourght there would have been, just couldn't find it that's all.
- Scott

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:51 am

It's okay. It was so long ago that adding to it would have been a necropost all the same. (I can't find it either, though I believe it was called "Filler? Oh, your God, no!!") Nothing wrong with starting a new thread, I wouldn't think, especially if you didn't get to chime in with your opinion last time.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:58 am

Although the driving episode was hilarious, I´ll have to go with the worms episode, where Goku and Vegeta are in Buu´s body and they come across two worms and their giant daddy. XD Other hilarious parts in the episode include Goku and Vegeta almost getting flushed when Buu get´s diarhea, and when Vegeta asks Goku which way they should go, he says left and Vegeta replies with `Then I´m going right`. XD

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:10 am

The driving episode. :lol:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:40 am

Hmmm... Either the driving episode, or that one Vegeta spent powering up for the whole episode. Oh, yeah. Nah, I'm kidding... mostly.

The "Worms" episode was good, but I can't really think of any others that weren't just plain crappy.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:28 pm

The lost robot episode.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:36 pm

I liked the episode where Pikkon and Goku fought Cell and the others. I wish that was in the manga...
-Rick
Last edited by Mr.Piccolo on Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:46 pm

I pick the 'Vejitto beats the crap out of Buu, then goes SSJ' episode (Episode 269).

Some might see it as causing even more of a problem with the 'which fusion is stronger' debate, but I love it. It was one of the first episodes I saw in Japanese via a horrible Real Media encode, and I remember going being glued to the low res window. Mr. Satan's "W-W-What's he gonna do now?" while upside down and flung against a mountain is a classic scene.

Ah, my days of Real Media-fueled fandom. Bardock Special (the worst encode I ever saw, with the contrast being so bright you could barely watch it), Trunks Special (actually decent looking), and Episode 120 (horrible, horrible encode)...God, I love my DragonBoxes.

-Corey

P.S. - Before anyone gets righteous, this was 1999 when DVDs were still a fantasy and FUNi told us they would never do them ;p

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:06 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:I pick the 'Vejitto beats the crap out of Buu, then goes SSJ' episode (Episode 269).
Oh, I'll second that. Definitely. Made the fight much more interesting.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:10 pm

I like the "Base Vegetto" fight as well. I don't see how it poses much of a problem to the "scale of power" though, since Boo reveals that he's not even using his full power right before Vegetto transforms. Another elongated warm up skirmish, but fricken awesome nonetheless.

I also like the various filler in the Trunks episode, which was about 60 percent of it. I like the Manga counterpart better, but the Anime still fleshed it out yet kept it amazing.

And...nothing else comes to mind.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:36 pm

Um... does the last episode of GT count? :oops:

If not, the "Get Gregory!" episode. :)

Damn, I wish he was in the manga...
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:49 pm

I really liked Goku Vs Paikuhan, so I'll say the second episode of that fight.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:56 pm

Driving episode and Base Vegetto episodes. There was simply too little of him in the manga.

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:58 pm

Bulma vs. Feeza's Henchmen! :D

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:19 pm

Well, I'm such a die-hard fan of my adorable li'l Chibi Gohan, it'd definately have to be one of the ones from his desert training with Piccolo...I always loved the orphan episode, though "Sorry Mr. Robot" was really cute, too...and come to think of it, there was that super-cute Gohan-based filler in the Cell Saga where they celebrated the birthday he had in the Room of Spirit and Time...Aaargh, it's too tough!! I can't decide!!

I don't know!! One of them!! Something Gohan-related!! YAAARGH!!
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:21 pm

Pilafs apperance in the first 11 episodes of DragonBall really made it better then the manga. So it is my favorate filler... plot.

shannarafan
Beyond Newbie

Post by shannarafan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:59 pm

Oh lawd, I like so many of them. #124 was great because it made the Bulma/Vegeta relationship plausible and it's always nice seeing the characters when they're not fighting, but I think the worm one is my favorite. I remember braying like a donkey the first time I saw it. :lol:

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:52 am

One of my favorites was an ep of DB during the King Piccolo Saga. Didn't care for Goku and Yajirobe looking for the Super Water of the Gods, but maily liked the moment of helplessness that Suno's enduring. I like that moment that shows the helplessness going on. The scene was cut from the CN broadcast due to their being nervous about kids and guns at the time.