Another DBZ Reference In Bobobobo Bobobo

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Another DBZ Reference In Bobobobo Bobobo

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:23 pm

So, I was flipping though VIZ's sample Manga (the books they give out at cons), and came across this in one of the Bobobobo Bobobo chapters...

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:26 pm

Man, I have that in an old SJ. I forget which issue but I know I have that image.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:28 pm

Bo-Bobo is awesome.

That is all.

"Vegeta!"
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:54 pm

There are so many DB/Z references from the WJ issues I could scan and post. There is even an Ouendan one ^^

Moral: Bo-bobo rocks and the amount of DBZ references are great.

I could also post the references in Gintama.
- Life is a game, play it!

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:11 pm

Enough talk and more scans. Let's turn this into a thread involving Dragon Ball references in other manga and anime. :P

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:17 pm

EvilGamerX wrote:There are so many DB/Z references from the WJ issues I could scan and post. There is even an Ouendan one ^^

Moral: Bo-bobo rocks and the amount of DBZ references are great.

I could also post the references in Gintama.
Now that Viz is serializing the manga (which will mean more volumes, hopefully), we'll hopefully get to see all these wonderful references.

Gintama has a lot of them, too? I didn't know that. I oughta read that one more.
deviantART
[thread]

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:44 pm

A recent chapter was talking about making Jump series in general and showed silhouettes of characters from DB as well as OP and Bleach. (I was very pleased to see nothing of Narucrapto in that chapter. I guess cause it was about making a good series. Which Bleach is an iffy for me as of late, but I will let it slide.).

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:17 pm

EvilGamerX wrote:A recent chapter was talking about making Jump series in general and showed silhouettes of characters from DB as well as OP and Bleach. (I was very pleased to see nothing of Narucrapto in that chapter. I guess cause it was about making a good series. Which Bleach is an iffy for me as of late, but I will let it slide.).
I love it how you act all elitist when it comes to Shonen anime.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:43 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:
EvilGamerX wrote:A recent chapter was talking about making Jump series in general and showed silhouettes of characters from DB as well as OP and Bleach. (I was very pleased to see nothing of Narucrapto in that chapter. I guess cause it was about making a good series. Which Bleach is an iffy for me as of late, but I will let it slide.).
I love it how you act all elitist when it comes to Shonen anime.
He's right, though. I like Bleach and Naruto, but I'll be the first to admit they've got their flaws, and have become rather stagnant at this point. Things are starting to build and get exciting again in Naruto, though, but I stopped reading Bleach a little while ago.
deviantART
[thread]

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:52 pm

Most of it is flawed and boring. They both used to be good. Yes, I did say Naruto used to be good. Put it on the fucking books to all the little naive gits that think I never tried it. I liked Zabuza, but Chuunin was just regurgitated shit I saw way too many times in previous things. So yes, I did come to hating Naruto on my own. Not by another opinion or the fanbase. I couldn't care if it is "getting good" again now, because it took way too long to be respected. I gave it a shot and fully gave up on that retarded puppet fight with predictable cliche twists. As for Bleach, this current arc is just Soul Society all over again for the most part and fights are too long. AKA, I dun give a shit anymore.

But yay One Piece. *thumbs up*

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:17 pm

Myself, I really like Naruto - but I'm not into Bleach or One Piece. Nothing against those two, I'm just not interested in it.

But I will admit that Naruto is simply "DB-angst" :P And the year of filler nearly killed it (it wasn't that bad, it was just really lame)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:43 pm

I need to read more One Piece actually; I've only read certain arcs and I'm thinking of going through the whole thing (online of course; Viz has done certain things recently that have upset me to the point where I don't buy stuff from them anymore; though my opinion will change if they release the kanzenban or daizenshuu. )

I don't follow Bleach, but I like the designs (clothing/characters).

The only reason I'm watching Shippuuden is a load of my dbz friends from DeviantArt migrated to Naruto when the 2nd series came out; (isn't peer pressure fun? :p ). It's alright, but its way too slow-moving for me and I find myself laughing at stuff I shouldn't be laughing at and the flashbacks...oh the relentless flashbacks. TT_TT
It makes me think somebody over at that studio is intensely lazy.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:53 pm

Chuq: I honestly dunno how people can take Naruto serious. So it is perfectly normal to be laughing at those flashbacks. I know I did. I know there also have been lots of fun little jokes on some of those. I guess Naruto merits due to all the humor that comes from making fun of it.

Viz's One Piece.... yea, that sucks. I read the Japanese tanks with online scripts. Really good online scripts. But yea, I make it a goal to re-read OP at least once a year. So fun. Brings back memories~ I should re-read again~

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:55 am

I take Naruto exactly as seriously as Dragon Ball.

How seriously do you take One Piece? More seriously?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:44 am

desirecampbell wrote:I take Naruto exactly as seriously as Dragon Ball.

It's probably directed at the guy above than at my post, but; I take them all equally, as stuff to read or watch and enjoy.
I've become a way more casual/relaxed fan of manga series in the past couple years than I was far back when.

I can't really list the stuff I was accidentally laughing at because I don't want to upset people at DA.

I like to have some humor to lighten the atmosphere in the action series I'm reading; that's one of the things I enjoy about Toriyama's writing style and one of the things I enjoy about Oda's as well.
Kishimoto has far fewer segments of humor so I get kind of tired from riding waves of action/angst without breaks.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:37 am

Naruto smells of crap done in other manga. One Piece is a breath of fresh air with mostly original content. Plus Naruto's suffering from Dragon Ball-ism. Too many characters that get shown off as important at first that end up getting thrown in the background and don't do shit while the main cast does everything.

In fact, Naruto has far too similarities with Dragon Ball except it also has angst and has gone away from the whole ninja theme.

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:35 am

Exactly. Except for the taking Naruto serious at all part. I take DB more seriously.

Naruto = whiny angst

One Piece = real emotion
The flashback parts in the series are really well-done.

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:15 am

Non DBZ= SUX :lol:

I don't really care for either One Piece or Naruto.

VEGETA!
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:55 am

EvilGamerX wrote:

Exactly. Except for the taking Naruto serious at all part. I take DB more seriously.

Naruto = whiny angst

One Piece = real emotion
The flashback parts in the series are really well-done.
No, I would say you = One Piece fanboy snob.

God I hate anime fans who have to rant about how their preferred series is so much more superior just to feel that they themselves are! They're just Japanese cartoons people. Everyone's tastes are different.

Which considering how much prejudice DB gets from the anime community, I'm always really shocked when I see a DB fan who is as small-minded and elitest as you. Though I guess you're used to the "two faces" you see in the mirror by now.

And for the record, I'm both a Naruto *and* One Piece fan.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:17 am

I enjoy Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and Dbz.

All of them have their flaws, to me it's how much I enjoy each of them overall, they each have their own little twist on the typical shonen formula, and thats what keeps me watching.

Some people take things too seriously, they condemn things for a lack of originality (Naruto), yet praise others for the same failings albeit with a better presentation (Bleach)

They are cartoons, for enjoyment, not critiquing to the point where it can't possibly be fun anymore.