Dragonball Movie Update! What is UP with this?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:53 am

I do feel a little better having seen the movie posterand how it turned out. A little optimism is not impossible for me, but I can't let a movie poster turn me into a Pollyana and noone else should. Everyone should take this and everything else in stride until the movie comes out. Ignore Jappo for now and his blowing sunshine out his ass all over this thread.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:09 am

JAPPO wrote:Good to see you guys are slowly beginning to realize why some of us had faith in this from the start.
And you've come to this idea because someone said they liked some a teaser poster?
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:38 am

JAPPO wrote:Good to see you guys are slowly beginning to realize why some of us had faith in this from the start.
Gee. I'm glad there's nobody here taking credit for people coming to their own conclusions slowly over time based upon evidence rather than having blind faith in the production.

:roll:
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:59 am

Bardock the Mexican wrote:Ignore Jappo for now and his blowing sunshine out his ass all over this thread.
Noted. :lol:

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:18 am

Going by this latest poster, they will really need to lengthen Chatwin's hair (digitally) for when he turns Super Saiya-jin, because if you make the hair he has in this poster a nice golden-yellow, it will looks exactly like Lisa Simpson's hair, from the back at least. :)

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:24 am

Bardock the Mexican wrote:Ignore Jappo for now and his blowing sunshine out his ass all over this thread.
You haven't learned to do so permanently? :lol:
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:26 am

Any particular reason everyone's being a jackass towards each other? Is it just the inherent nature of a thread reaching so many pages? Should I go ahead and lock it?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Genki-Dama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Genki-Dama » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:10 am

Strange, this thread started with a video about the DB live action movie and it seems to have turned into the official thread for the movie. :?

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:24 am

VegettoEX wrote:Any particular reason everyone's being a jackass towards each other? Is it just the inherent nature of a thread reaching so many pages? Should I go ahead and lock it?
Its about the live action DB movie, its kinda expected.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:53 am

Genki-Dama wrote:Strange, this thread started with a video about the DB live action movie and it seems to have turned into the official thread for the movie. :?
Better than having a billion threads about it floating around.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:13 am

Sun_Wukong wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Any particular reason everyone's being a jackass towards each other? Is it just the inherent nature of a thread reaching so many pages? Should I go ahead and lock it?
Its about the live action DB movie, its kinda expected.
It's got nothing to do with the movie, though, it's just people being asses. It hasn't been restricted to just movie threads either.

Anyway, new poster looks awesome. Though from the back he looks kind of like a pineapple. XD
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:19 am

Xyex wrote:It's got nothing to do with the movie, though, it's just people being asses. It hasn't been restricted to just movie threads either.
But it certainly seems like this kind of crap clings to each and every live-action movie thread. I can't think of any other topic besides the Season Set threads that consistently reach this point.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:00 am

Herms wrote:
Xyex wrote:It's got nothing to do with the movie, though, it's just people being asses. It hasn't been restricted to just movie threads either.
But it certainly seems like this kind of crap clings to each and every live-action movie thread. I can't think of any other topic besides the Season Set threads that consistently reach this point.
The Live Action film and the Season Sets are both hotly contested topics. Anything about them gets people riled up. At least with this movie-thread the comments move forward slightly with new information.

Like a lot of things, noone wants to actually discuss it. Noone's legitimately trying to discuss the merits or faults of the film, based on the information we have so far.

Anyway, I'm off to watch Dark Knight and write about how terrible it is.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:57 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Herms wrote:
The Live Action film and the Season Sets are both hotly contested topics. Anything about them gets people riled up. At least with this movie-thread the comments move forward slightly with new information.

Like a lot of things, noone wants to actually discuss it. Noone's legitimately trying to discuss the merits or faults of the film, based on the information we have so far.

Anyway, I'm off to watch Dark Knight and write about how terrible it is.
What? Terrible?

Now that I've stopped focusing on the gi, moving upward on the poster...the hair still looks inconsistant and bad.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Storm
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:57 pm

desirecampbell wrote: Anyway, I'm off to watch Dark Knight and write about how terrible it is.
You couldn't if you tried, believe me. :D

Anyway...I do like the cartoony look of this new poster, but it's not enough to convince me this will be a decent adaptation yet.

Herms

Post by Herms » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:21 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Anyway, I'm off to watch Dark Knight and write about how terrible it is.
Well, enjoy the Watchmen trailer at least.

Or was that a joke on how people are pre-judging the live-action DB movie based on their own biases?

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:36 pm

Herms wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:Anyway, I'm off to watch Dark Knight and write about how terrible it is.
Oh I am. I am.
Herms wrote:Or was that a joke on how people are pre-judging the live-action DB movie based on their own biases?
It's a bit off a stab at those that are lauding a film before seeing it.

Also, the new Batman movies suck, and I'm sure this one will be no different. Like the DB-live action film, I'd love to be proven wrong - but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Herms

Post by Herms » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:56 pm

desirecampbell wrote:It's a bit off a stab at those that are lauding a film before seeing it.
OK, that's basically what I was thinking (I meant "pre-judge" in the sense of judging both positively or negatively).

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:00 pm

New scans from the August issue of V-Jump. No ne wpictures but at least it's omething new. :)

Here's what the page says:
4 keys to the new V-Jump

Scoop 1
There comes the updating visual!
Since the city of Hollywood cinema, we have a new photo latest. Goku is holding a Dragonball. There is the symbol of Kama in the Gi (costume).

Scoop 2
The content is clarified gradually!
We can not know the stories of the characters for the time being. This time we have photos of young Goku and BULMA, as well as Roshi with hair!
The two (Goku and Roshi) express tension!
Is cheese is what we will be watching?
It could be the scene of the first meeting of Goku and BULMA.
Eh, the mischief (old green) Roshi has remained.

Scoop 3
Here are comments from actors.
Goku, Roshi and other main characters give their views for fans of DB in Japan.
Goku-Justin Chatwin
It’s the No. 1 movie more interesting so far!
Roshi Chow Yun-Fat
As far as we seem Roshi and I personally … We love women (laughs)!
BULMA-Emmy Rossum
BULMA I think that is absolutely part of me.
Yamcha - Joon Park
I am a great fan of Dragonball long.

Scoop 4
The date of release is finally determined. On March 13, 2009, Japan.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:23 pm

Herms wrote:
What Watchmen trailer? I saw Dark Knight this weekend and didn't see a trailer. Although, Dark Knight has me worried about future comic book movies.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063