Dragonball Movie Update! What is UP with this?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Dragonball Movie Update! What is UP with this?

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:22 am

Check this out:A video on Youtube about Live action DB movie

I know you all probably do not speak Spanish so this link can act as evidence should there be any question. So I have to ask, is anyone out there wanting this movie to come out and will see it? How many of you would go to the theater to see this movie? This video is probably scary because it means one thing: They have almost completed this horror of an unholy abomination. The first video was the set and now here is the spike which is sort of funny, but even more frightening is to see the whole thing when it's done. I don't want this movie to suck. Mexico is associated with shitty soccer, crappy weed, and the nose candy from Hell. I don't want to see Dragonball tarred with the same brush and certainly hope that this is at least watchable. I don't object to people having some fun, but I belive in omens and the second video qualifies in my book. Damn he is funny, but will the Piccolo guy be able to hack it? Don't say I didn't warn you that there would be days like this. Our Aztec ancestors thought they knew when the world would end, apparently it is very close I don't know what you think is hot or sexy or whatever but this is not what I envision as Bulma. Good God please say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so. You can't say that I am biased in my veiws because here you have the facts señores y señoras. Evidence is easy to find. Just go on Youtube and search for 'Mexican Dragonball' and you will be educated. It's not all that bad so here is a set of links to some GOOD videos:Dragonball Movie video 1
Dragonball Cast video 2
So you see how this can be both good and bad? Is my point clear?
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Super 17
Regular

Re: Dragonball Movie Update! What is UP with this?

Post by Super 17 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:27 am

Bardock the Mexican wrote:crappy weed
Lol it's funny how you always use marijauna in a post

Cartman Blues
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cartman Blues » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:18 am

The movie that can't be that bad. Then again, through the years my expectations have gone WAY down..so I'll probably think this is great.
desirecampbell wrote:
Nothing is ever mentioned that being part human would impede the transformation to SSj4. Vegeta's body was literally invaded by an alien being

Rocketman wrote:
So was ChiChi's.

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:31 am

Actually, Marsters is the only thing in the movie I'm really not worried about much at all. If you look for other videos and information on him you'd learn that he's actually fought the producers for the integrity of Daimaou's character. Granted, I still have severe concerns that we may only be having Daimaou and no Piccolo, but that isn’t a problem that stems from the actor.

Bulma's the one who has an actor who looks most like the character actually, blue hair or not. Her face just makes me think of Bulma. She changes her hair every week anyway- who says she never tried brunette. And her personality ain't the most complicated thing in the world so it's likely not to get too messed up.

Son is the one I'm the most worried about right now, because outside of three pictures of him staring blankly at the camera and being in high school we know absolutely nothing about how he's being portrayed. It would be all too easy for them to ruin the sweet dumb thing we know he is to make him more... 'relateable' to modern mopey teenagers. Son does not mope. I am concerned.

Right now my verdict lies around the area of might-not-suck. Some little things look decent, but there's still an overwhelming amount that points to Fail. I must say though, the quasi-racism in the post here's outstanding.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:34 am

*Sulks* I was hoping it was new video you had. :(

Also intensely worried about Goku. I've seen the photos so I already know his hair and eye color are incorrect. (I know it's trivial, but where's his bangs?!)

I can't stand the idea of an angsty Goku; it's so ooc for him. :evil:
I'm not a fan of "oh woe is me" main characters; it's a big reason why I stopped watching one particular Shounen Jump series. I just can't stand it.

No, I'm not going to see the movie; they won't be getting my $10. :mrgreen:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SonEric84
Banned

Re: Dragonball Movie Update! What is UP with this?

Post by SonEric84 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:30 am

Super 17 wrote:
Bardock the Mexican wrote:crappy weed
Lol it's funny how you always use marijauna in a post

Actually, it gets old. Really fast. Aside from the James Marsters video, that picture of Bulma looks fake. I mean, we already had a screen shot of Bulma and she didn't even have green hair.
Trans rights, now!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:21 am

(For starters, I work at the movies, so I can see this for free! :D)

But I'd pay the money to see it anyway. If it's one thing that gets on my nerves, its when people are pessimistic and whine/complain about a movie and condemn it to suckage before they've even seen it. Now, I prefer an optomistic attitude, but no one should be saying that it will be amazing, either. I think everyone should say if it will be good or not after it comes out. I personally think this movie will be alright, considering who is working behind the scenes(Producers, Composers, etc).

All in all, I'll see it, sucking or not.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:24 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUfvjUZL ... re=related

Iam sure thats fake but, hey its a pretty good job.

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:30 pm

The only character I'm worried about is Goku. The guy playing him, in every photo so far, looks completely blank. Goku never, ever had an expression you could classify as blank. Even when he was caught off guard and knocked down, his eyebrows would make an expression of surprise. Heck, even when he dies, he's got a big smile on his face.

But James seems like he's going to bring passion to Piccolo, at the very least. So, and this is the first time I've said it to anyone, I actually look forward to this movie. It may not be great, it may not even be good. . but it should be interesting.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:14 pm

Well, I already know that I'm not gonna like the looks of some of the characters or the fact that Goku is some High School kid. However, in every other respect, I really hope that when FOX stops being hush-hush about this it'll blow me away and I'll somehow end up loving this movie.

As for now, though, I just don't see it happening.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:02 am

Seems like these are new pictures?

Daburcor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daburcor » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:50 am

Ugh... why? Just... why?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv5j_vmyOaQ]There's many things I'll never know for sure...[/url]

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:55 am

Daburcor wrote:Ugh... why? Just... why?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:14 am

Why am I not surprised at the glum expression. This is our Goku? I really hope this possible-poster-art is subject to change and they maybe wise up, using a more upbeat shot of the guy. Chatwin's supposed to be a goofy, cheerful fun kind of bumpkin guy. Don't advertise Son Goku with the blank-angst emotional range as these *cough* two certain fellows whom myself, as well as some others here, are nearly convinced the character will end up a clone of.

What's in store for the sequel, growing a tail that'll act as Goku's Red Kryptonite/Black Suit, turning him into a big bastard for 20 minutes after he's brought back from the dead or something?
14 years later

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:40 am

Neither does he look like Goku or has his gi!

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:52 am

I try to be positive about the movie, I really do.

But when I see "Goku" standing like an emotionless dullard, dressed like he shops at the nearest department store I can't help but think this is fucking stupid.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:19 am

Why do all the Dragonballs float around in the persons hand? It's such a minor detail but it's completely unnecessary. Unless that's just the movie posters trying to look cool and attempting to give you a good glance at what the Dragonball looks like. Not to mention there is solemn faced empty headed Goku again.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:32 am

Why does everything that Hollywood touches die?

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:22 am

Goku sort of makes that same pose at the end of Cha-la when he holds the power pole, and what do you know? He has a serious look on his face. Chill out people.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:02 am

A few rare cases aside, action heroes are rarely ever smiling on their movie's promotional pictures.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!