Forms of Super Saiyan

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Forms of Super Saiyan

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:30 pm

Which form of super saiyan is your favorite and why?
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

KillerCory
Beyond Newbie

Post by KillerCory » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:44 pm

The original form.

Just because it was something new to see and when a character reached it you were amazed.

In terms of first time transformations I would say it goes like this.

1. Gohan (SSJ2)
2. Goku (SSJ)
3. Vegeta (SSJ)
4. Goku (SSJ3)

The rest are meh..
Goku: "Look Vegeta! People popcorn!"
Vegeta: "What is he on?"

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:59 pm

SSJ2 Goku is my favorite. He looks leaner, and is basically a SSJ1 at its full power anyway. And just looks cool.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:08 pm

I like Super Saiya-jin Goku and Super Saiya-jin 2 Gohan, but as a form, SSJ 2 is my least favorite, the changes are barely noticeable in anyone other than Gohan, I just don't think it's very original.

My list probably goes like this

1. Goku SSJ

2. Gohan SSJ2

3. Goku SSJ4 (I just love the character design, it's the best part of GT)

Saiyan BayBays

Post by Saiyan BayBays » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:10 pm

When Goku first went Super Saiyan, it was ALL my friends and I talked about the next day at school. After all the hype and "legend" stuff, it was crazy to see what it finally looked like. All the other forms were alright, but never had the same impact on me like the first one did.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:31 pm

Either FULLY POWERED Super Saiyan 4 [with the red Glow] or Restricted saiyan where Broly's hair is that purple color; and of course Lendary Super Saiyan becasue I LOOOVE the green hair.

Hero 004
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero 004 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:33 pm

I like SS2 the best because of its sleek look with the muscle definition, more intense hair, and electric aura. It's also one of the more rare transformations. Gohan's first ascent to it was one of my favorite transformations of the series I'd have to say and Goku and Majin Vegeta's fight as SS2's was totally badass.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets"- Goku

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:47 pm

I actually liked Vegeta's SSJ Stage 2.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:55 pm

Saiyan BayBays wrote:When Goku first went Super Saiyan, it was ALL my friends and I talked about the next day at school. After all the hype and "legend" stuff, it was crazy to see what it finally looked like. All the other forms were alright, but never had the same impact on me like the first one did.
Dude, when that episode aired in the states it was epic. I was in 4th or 5th grade at the time and the next day everyone came to school and was like "Sweet Jesus did you see DBZ yesterday!?" :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:57 pm

This may or may not fall into the "super saiyan" category, but my favorite was the false super saiyan stage that Goku went into in the Lord Slug movie. The SSJ aura and the hair that was standing on end but didn't change color just looked really cool to me.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:11 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:14 pm

The first one because that is where it should have ended.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Fossilgojir
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Fossilgojir » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:26 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:The first one because that is where it should have ended.
Same.
NO YOU FABRIC!!!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:26 pm

Has anyone else caught the pretty drastic difference in Goku's hair from when he first turns SSJ compared to the rest of the series. On Namek his hair was a really pale yellow and there weren't any black lines in it, but through the rest of the series its a darker yellow and has black lines in it.

They finally got this right in Sparking! Meteor when they distinguish Goku Mid's SSJ hair differently from Goku End's.

PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:37 pm

They finally got this right in Sparking! Meteor when they distinguish Goku Mid's SSJ hair differently from Goku End's.
Budokai 1 used his original SSJ hair, 2 and 3 used the second version of it. Sparking! Neo used the original for the battle damaged Goku and the second one for everyone else. The change actually came during the RoSaT, when he mastered SSJ. I think the intent was to show he was at the peak of his power.

The same thing happens with all the others, too. The more Vegeta and Trunks powered-up against Cell the more straight and pointy their hair got. And of course, Gohan's hair change from SSJ to SSJ2 was the pretty obvious.

Anyway, my favorite would have to be SSJ4 Goku because it just looks so awesome. The best design (and idea) in all of GT by far. Though, as was said before, longhaired SSJ Trunks is badass too. 8)
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:47 pm

Xyex wrote:
Budokai 1 used his original SSJ hair, 2 and 3 used the second version of it. Sparking! Neo used the original for the battle damaged Goku and the second one for everyone else. The change actually came during the RoSaT, when he mastered SSJ. I think the intent was to show he was at the peak of his power.

The same thing happens with all the others, too. The more Vegeta and Trunks powered-up against Cell the more straight and pointy their hair got. And of course, Gohan's hair change from SSJ to SSJ2 was the pretty obvious.

Anyway, my favorite would have to be SSJ4 Goku because it just looks so awesome. The best design (and idea) in all of GT by far. Though, as was said before, longhaired SSJ Trunks is badass too. 8)
Are you guys talking about Trunks when he has his hair tied back and its only spiking in the front during the 2nd stage cell episodes or when its all hanging down and spiked all over in the Bojack movie?
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Storm
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:53 pm

I really like kid Gohan as a SSJ and how it's like...sort of spiky, yet not completely (especially when he first cuts his hair). SSJ (SSJ2?) Vegetto, SSJ Future Trunks (and the first time we see SSJ Kid Trunks, when he has no bangs), and SSJ4 Gogeta are all sweet too. Gotta love red hair.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:46 pm

I have to go with Super Saiyan 4. If there's ANY single good thing that came out of GT, it's this. I love it because of how unique it is; it's not just another power-up, bigger n' blonder hair, "GGGRRRAAAARGH NEW SSJ LEVEL FTW" kind of thing. It's something completely new, yet it draws from older methods of power. Like an amalgamation of the two sides of the Saiyan's power (SSj and Ozaru), which gives them unprecedented levels of strength that neither alone could otherwise grant.

Second place would be the good ol' original Super Saiyan.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:44 am

Are you guys talking about Trunks when he has his hair tied back and its only spiking in the front during the 2nd stage cell episodes or when its all hanging down and spiked all over in the Bojack movie?
Both, actually. XD
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Storm
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:34 am

Oh, yeah, completely forgot. Future Trunks SSJ ponytail is also awesome. Love how the ponytail gets spiky too.