DBZ wiki article destroyed again

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:16 pm

My opinion is that anyone who willingly goes to the DB Wikia page already knows the information that's in it. :wink:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:21 pm

Xyex wrote:I know there's already a DB Wiki but I think we should formulate our own. Though with different rules from the normal wiki. Something that only those here can actually edit so as to prevent the Lord Sesshomaru's and DBZROCKS' and Collectonian's from hacking apart everything and chopping it down to uselessness.
The other DB Wiki was in pretty sad shape last I saw of it.

I agree, a Daizex run Dragon Ball Wiki would be totally 8).

[/quote]

Me too, Janime made their own Yugioh Wiki because of the uselessness of the other Yugioh wikia.

It can just work the same for Daizex, making their own Wiki about Dragonball. :D

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:35 pm

That's basically what Bulbapedia, which was brought up as an example of a good wiki, is. A wiki that's essentially part of a respected fansite with knowledgable members, administered by people who actually know and care deeply about the franchise.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:43 pm

Like Mike and Julian aren't busy enough? :P Although, Tanooki may as well be given a staff position...

EDIT: Toon Zone has a Dragonball article on our Wikia. I'm sure you guys who are willing could do a lot of good. :D
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:42 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:They butchered the Saiyans article too. They got rid of every bit of useful information because it was "fancruft" and left in the stuff we've heard a billion times. There's no more mention of why Goku's always hungry. Or the class system, or any other thing that was really useful and had to watch a few episodes to find out about.
You mean there's some sort of in-universe explanation for the hunger?
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:57 pm

Kendamu wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:They butchered the Saiyans article too. They got rid of every bit of useful information because it was "fancruft" and left in the stuff we've heard a billion times. There's no more mention of why Goku's always hungry. Or the class system, or any other thing that was really useful and had to watch a few episodes to find out about.
They're hungry.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:07 am

djkalteraphine wrote:
Kendamu wrote:
They're hungry.
Hah. :roll:
(they/she)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:09 am

I suppose it's like the The Flash, they use up a lot of energy and thus need to eat a lot...

...Possibly...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:17 am

God DAMN. AGAIN? Wikipedia is so fucking useless this is just pathetic.
-Laserkid

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:30 am

laserkid wrote:God DAMN. AGAIN? Wikipedia is so fucking useless this is just pathetic.
Exactly. Just for the hell of it, I checked the entry for the new animation "Yo! Son Goku and Friends are back (or something like that)." Some person had 2 English roles filled in, Goku and Vegeta, but it said "Kirby Morrow and Brian Drummond." Which is completely incorrect because Ocean won't dub that. We're not even sure if FUNimation's gonna be allowed to dub it.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:56 am

Kendamu wrote:
Considering Kendamu said "Why Goku's hungry" I'd assume that it simply mentioned his being Saiya-jin. It's a known fact that Saiya-jins eat... a lot... consantly.
God DAMN. AGAIN? Wikipedia is so fucking useless this is just pathetic.
Yup.
Exactly. Just for the hell of it, I checked the entry for the new animation "Yo! Son Goku and Friends are back (or something like that)." Some person had 2 English roles filled in, Goku and Vegeta, but it said "Kirby Morrow and Brian Drummond." Which is completely incorrect because Ocean won't dub that. We're not even sure if FUNimation's gonna be allowed to dub it.
Yeah, stuff like that is rather common. I'm actually surprised they've not added stupid stuff to the article yet. Like having Elvis as one of the characters. (I've seen that before.)

What's really sad about this is that it's only the English wiki that's doing this. The Japanese wiki has the same bazillion page format that we used to have. Only more pages and in better condition.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:19 pm

Xyex wrote:
Kendamu wrote:
Considering Kendamu said "Why Goku's hungry" I'd assume that it simply mentioned his being Saiya-jin. It's a known fact that Saiya-jins eat... a lot... consantly.
Well, I understand that much, but I was thinking there was something deeper than that which I had failed to discover on my own.
(they/she)

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:43 pm

I'm still customizing it/configuring it, but I've started a wiki since I happen to have a pretty good hosting plan on Godaddy.

http://www.ultrapublications.com/dbzwiki/

I will, eventually, impliment a user system (Right now its open to any edits, but I will be changing that when I get home from work).
-Laserkid

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:55 pm

laserkid wrote:I'm still customizing it/configuring it, but I've started a wiki since I happen to have a pretty good hosting plan on Godaddy.

I will, eventually, impliment a user system (Right now its open to any edits, but I will be changing that when I get home from work).
Will you eventually be looking for help from solely Daizenshuu EX members? Because that would be pretty cool if we had our own Dragonball Wiki Encyclopedia. If it will be open to other fans too that will also be great, since it will probably get done a lot faster that way. :roll:

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:44 pm

laserkid wrote:I'm still customizing it/configuring it, but I've started a wiki since I happen to have a pretty good hosting plan on Godaddy.

Awesome, I can be one of the users to help you :D
Because I really think you did the right thing starting up a new better Dragonball wiki.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:50 pm

As long as the Dragonball music pages are left untouched, I'll be happy.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:39 pm

Yes, the general idea is Daizenshuu EX members. That and possibly a coworker of mine who I recently found out loves DBZ, but it will definitely be focused around the people here since you guys are really all I know to recruit from anyway.
-Laserkid

Genki-Dama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Genki-Dama » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:41 pm

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:49 pm

C'mon people, don't make us look retarded! At least once the member systems gets up things will be a little more controlled. This is an opportunity to make a truly good DBZ Web encyclopedia, hopefully people will be mature enough to handle it. :?

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Wheres that old Piccolo "Ugh" image when I need it? :cry:

Anyways I've got it set up for a password system, only problem is it does not seem to want to grant me any acess with the user I made for myself >.>

EDIT: I've put a generic DBZ description in place of "ZOMG YOYOYO DAIZENSHUU EX" that someone very silly put there.

EDIT #2: Okay, the user registration system has been created, but it all must be manually entered by me. If you want in The Dragon Ball wiki, please private message, email or I'm me a username and password scheme for yourself.
-Laserkid