What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Badmanvegeta1991

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Badmanvegeta1991 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:45 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Badmanvegeta1991 wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote: Can't believe sellers are charging such obnoxious prices. When TOEI reveals and releases their Dragon Ball Z HD Blu-rays, the Dragon Boxes Z will eventually lose their value.

The best thing for me about the Dragon Boxes Z are the books, and the art from the discs.

That looks good but Manga UK steelbooks end up losing their value so guess I'll just wait. Hope that FUNimation and Selecta Visión make Collector's Edition(s) with actual value to it.

For example; Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy (to redeem on the Play Store or App Store), Booklet, Soundtrack, Poster and a Dragon Ball card of sorts.

Edit: I assume you pre-ordered it from Zavvi which is at £22.99 (99p delivery).

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/dragon-ba ... 39857.html

I thought it'd cost around £20ish and it does. I'll wait after it releases and then snatch for £10~15.
From the sounds of it, doesn’t look like anytime soon they will be releasing a worthy blu ray version of Z like the level sets that were discontinued. The blu rays we have now are no better than the orange bricks other then slightly clearer. I love the Dragon Boxes. Now I agree the price some sellers are trying to get (500 a box) is just ridiculous. I paid 750 for the lot and that’s about a 100 a box and 4 of them were new unwrapped. I’m ok with what I spent but some ppl prolly look at me like a crazy lol
My sentiments exactly, i went with the Dragon Boxes since there is likely no release coming in the near future that will be to the level of quality of either those or the aforementioned Level BD's. I absolutely refuse to waste my money on those faux widescreen and DNR'd into oblivion season releases. At this point i am frequently checking eBay and trying to see if good deals for volumes 4 and 7 come up that are less that $200 for both. Fingers crossed!!!
So is the Steelbook official?
I would love to have that movie in some collectors/limited edition form

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:52 pm

Badmanvegeta1991 wrote:So is the Steelbook official?
It's official but it's for the UK market though you can obviously order it, too. UK Blu-rays are Region B (Europe, Australia) so if you're Region A (Americas, Asia) then you'd need a Region Free Blu-ray Player.

Here's more info on the whole A, B and C regions on Blu-ray Discs
[A] The Americas and their dependencies, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, Korea and Southeast Asia; excludes instances that fall under Region C
Africa, Middle East, Southwest Asia, most of Europe, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and their dependencies; excludes instances that fall under Region C
[C] Central Asia, mainland China, Mongolia, Indian Subcontinent, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Moldova, and their dependencies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray

HD-DVDs were fully region free but they lost the battle to the Blu-rays.

Badmanvegeta1991

Post by Badmanvegeta1991 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:15 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
It's official but it's for the UK market though you can obviously order it, too. UK Blu-rays are Region B (Europe, Australia) so if you're Region A (Americas, Asia) then you'd need a Region Free Blu-ray Player.

[A] The Americas and their dependencies, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, Korea and Southeast Asia; excludes instances that fall under Region C
Africa, Middle East, Southwest Asia, most of Europe, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and their dependencies; excludes instances that fall under Region C
[C] Central Asia, mainland China, Mongolia, Indian Subcontinent, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Moldova, and their dependencies

Thanks for all the info.
I’m in the United States so... does that mean I can’t or can buy UK? Kinda confused. I’m stupid

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:30 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Pre-ordered the steelbook version Bluray of the movie :wave:
That looks good but Manga UK steelbooks end up losing their value so guess I'll just wait. Hope that FUNimation and Selecta Visión make Collector's Edition(s) with actual value to it.

For example; Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy (to redeem on the Play Store or App Store), Booklet, Soundtrack, Poster and a Dragon Ball card of sorts.

Edit: I assume you pre-ordered it from Zavvi which is at £22.99 (99p delivery).

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/dragon-ba ... 39857.html

I thought it'd cost around £20ish and it does. I'll wait after it releases and then snatch for £10~15.
I'm waiting to see what Funimation's release will be like and if Manga UK will be releasing any other editions because I'm not a fan of steelbooks. It would be cool if Manga could release whatever else Funimation includes in their Collector's Edition in any editions of the movie they release. After all their Resurrection F Collector's Edition got the art cards, but with more standard Blu-Ray packaging. I was ok with that because I wanted consistency on my shelf with Battle of Gods (which is not in unique packaging) and I like to support the UK releases so Manga's Collector's Edition had everything I needed from Funimation's release, and the holographic slipcover was nice.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Mine was a set of Dragon Balls. Hehehe
I simply love them!. In the ensuing week, I will probably do a major purchase of DB stuff.
P O W E R

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Penultimate shipment of Broly merch from Japan (still be awaiting overseas KC Broly):
I have managed to get everything I wanted except the heat changing mug, but considering I have had amazing luck on many items can't be too disheartened.

I plan to take a break from merch for a while, well I intend to at least! :P

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:45 pm

Badmanvegeta1991 wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:

Thanks for all the info.
I’m in the United States so... does that mean I can’t or can buy UK? Kinda confused. I’m stupid

You can. Create an account, set your address, payment and pre-order the item.

Either that or wait for it to go on pre-order on Amazon (UK), if you prefer Amazon.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:53 pm

I just ordered the Super Movie for 22 bucks off amazon and bought part 6 of Super too! also not dragonball related but I got the first set of Mobile Fighter G Gundam on Bluray! pretty excited about that. It looks a lot better than my DVDs. But yeah... :thumbup:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:10 pm

Another batch of random crap from Japan featuring DRAGON BALL!
So another rental copy of Dragon Ball, the 2008 special which I watched earlier and still like, a bunch of Toriyama manga including Dragon Boy (the DB Prototype, also features some cool DB doodles at the end), and some other crap like Golden Boy, Powerpuff Girls Z (I like PPG and it was cheap, but also very very crappy), and STAR WARS A NEW HOPE THE MANGA VOLUME 2!! I have both volumes of it and they're so good, it's an amazing thing to see a Japanese comic version of an American movie, it's sad the Back to the Future manga was cancelled.
The rental copy of volume 1 is in bad shape but it's still interesting to own, I'm glad I went after these versions, even if they're dirt cheap they feel like relics.
Also got this on Amazon Video, Japanese audio with English subs version, watching it right now!

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:09 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:Another batch of random crap from Japan featuring DRAGON BALL!
Can you link to the amazon video for Broly? I cant find it :O

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:Can you link to the amazon video for Broly? I cant find it :O
Looks like it's no longer available to purchase, but I still have access to it and it's already downloaded onto my phone. Must have been a mistake.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:09 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:Also got this on Amazon Video, Japanese audio with English subs version, watching it right now!

This was definitely not intended to be released so early as Manga UK's release date was scheduled to be later than FUNi's date. The pirates have got ahold of it so it's in the wild now.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:14 am

More from me! Got the 30th Anniversary Super History Book! Just in time for the 35th anniversary... Plus the two new CDs for Dragon Ball Super: Broly, an incredible film with incredible music!

Oh and uh... The Phantom Menace manga...

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:16 pm

Just recently picked up the second and third volumes of the Z portion of the manga in the Shonen Jump "English Tankobon" format, and so my ever growing collection of the manga continues on.

DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:20 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:Just recently picked up the second and third volumes of the Z portion of the manga in the Shonen Jump "English Tankobon" format, and so my ever growing collection of the manga continues on.

I need to start collecting the manga.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:23 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:Just recently picked up the second and third volumes of the Z portion of the manga in the Shonen Jump "English Tankobon" format, and so my ever growing collection of the manga continues on.

I need to start collecting the manga.
It's a slow but sure work in progress for me, and as of this point i own volumes 1-5 of the red cover Shonen Jump books covering the Dragon Ball portion and now volumes 1-3 of the Z half.

So for DB there are 11 more of the Jump volumes that i need to get, while for Z it's a grand total of just about over 20 to go.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:14 pm

Got the Super: Broly Soundtrack (Physical Disc) from Amazon

TheNamekGio
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheNamekGio » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Been on a roll the last 6 months just buying DB related things! Here is another recent purchase. :mrgreen:
I'm a DB veteran thats paid my DB dues!!

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:48 pm

Picked up Part 2 of Super during my pawn shop run earlier today, now i just need to get the other five parts released and upcoming so far to get all caught up with the series.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Couldn't resist.