What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:05 pm

baneofdemon22 wrote:I just bought all the Vizbigs of Dragonball and Dragonball Z. Unfortunately, I keep having to cancel my order with Vol.6 because it's out of stock. I wish they would put that on their site. Instocktrades, Tales of Wonder, and Amazon are good with cancelling orders, but I hope Books a Million isn't holding my money ransom. I don't want them holding it for a few weeks, because I'm still going to be searching for it through other sites or stores.
I was having the same problem with DBZ vol.6 and DB vol. 5 as well. They're out of stock everywhere online, but my local comic book store owner was able to order them for me. Should be in by next week and then my set is complete!

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:56 pm

baneofdemon22 wrote:I just bought all the Vizbigs of Dragonball and Dragonball Z. Unfortunately, I keep having to cancel my order with Vol.6 because it's out of stock. I wish they would put that on their site. Instocktrades, Tales of Wonder, and Amazon are good with cancelling orders, but I hope Books a Million isn't holding my money ransom. I don't want them holding it for a few weeks, because I'm still going to be searching for it through other sites or stores.
The VizBigs constantly go out-of-stock and in-stock again, just gotta keep an eye out.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:58 pm

Kid Buu wrote:
The VizBigs constantly go out-of-stock and in-stock again, just gotta keep an eye out.
Try Amazon and Books a Million. Books a Million is basically Barnes & Noble but whole sale so its always the price on the book instead of a store price bumping it up 4-5 bucks.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

baneofdemon22
Beyond Newbie

Post by baneofdemon22 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Slickmasterfunk wrote:
I was having the same problem with DBZ vol.6 and DB vol. 5 as well. They're out of stock everywhere online, but my local comic book store owner was able to order them for me. Should be in by next week and then my set is complete!
Cool! Maybe I can try that! Vol. 6 and 9 seem to be the harder ones for DBZ. I got 9, but every site I ordered Vol. 6 from they keep e-mailing me, to tell me they ran out of stock. I just got my money back from Books a Million, so I was thinking to try to get one used on ebay, but that's an alternative, I never thought of. I saw in 2013 on old forum posts that Vol.4 and 5 were hard to find then, and now they're readily available on amazon, so hopefully Vol.6 comes in stock soon!

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Today I received the Saikyo Jump March 2014 issue with the Episode of Bardock tankōbon style volume. Having a lot of fun with it all at the moment.

Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:05 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: I'm more iterested in the Neko Majin rip-off thing that I've currently forgotten the name of. Mind sharing where you picked that up and how much it cost (seeing how it's not a typical release)?
I bought Delicious Island's Mr. U from eBay for ~$12.00. The listing ended but the seller only sold 2 of 8 copies so he might put it back up eventually.

oldboy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by oldboy88 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:08 am

my first Dragon Ball Cell :)

by no means the most beautiful, but its a piece of dragon ball z history :)

From DBZ Movie #2

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wibbs » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:34 pm

RocktheDragon wrote:Today I received the Saikyo Jump March 2014 issue with the Episode of Bardock tankōbon style volume. Having a lot of fun with it all at the moment.

How do you go about buying Saikyo Jump, I've been interested for a while but I'm not sure where to start.
Thanks to SSJ God Gogeta for the avatar.

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Wibbs wrote:
RocktheDragon wrote:Today I received the Saikyo Jump March 2014 issue with the Episode of Bardock tankōbon style volume. Having a lot of fun with it all at the moment.

How do you go about buying Saikyo Jump, I've been interested for a while but I'm not sure where to start.
I just used CD Japan for my purchase which you can use as well here: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... BK-1583688

For shipping I just went ahead and got Fed Ex International Priority which takes 1-3 days. I got it in one day (shipped on the 12th, arrived on the 13th).
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wibbs » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:49 pm

RocktheDragon wrote:
Wibbs wrote:

I just used CD Japan for my purchase which you can use as well here: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... BK-1583688

For shipping I just went ahead and got Fed Ex International Priority which takes 1-3 days. I got it in one day (shipped on the 12th, arrived on the 13th).
Thank you very much :D , you've saved me ton of searching.
Thanks to SSJ God Gogeta for the avatar.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:12 pm

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:16 pm

rs_chaosmaster wrote:Image
Woah how did u get dbz season 2 on blu ray I thought the release date was pushed back

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Right Stuf :D They are amazing i always get my releases a week or two early :D I got all of Sword Art Online Like A Month Earlier than the release date and if it wasn't pushed back it probably would have been here the end of January lol.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Received my Full Colour Manga, Broli film and something else.

I was curious and it's smaller than DBZ RtDE so not that big as I expected, thankfully.

The rest:

NGE's Platinum 02 DVD comes with a really cool booklet and the quality looks great (Renewal of Evangelion with English subs more or less).

Full Colour Manga looks really nice and detailed every fan should own one of these. :P
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:38 pm

I think I got a pretty decent deal on a brand new sealed U.S. Dragon Box Volume 1. I just won the Ebay auction for a grand total of 70 dollars. I'm very excited to own a sealed copy. :thumbup:

chaosyoshimage
Beyond Newbie

Post by chaosyoshimage » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:51 pm

My DBZ laserdisc collection continues to grow. I got the Hong Kong version of the first DBZ movie and the Japanese versions of movies 6 and 8. Will likely put a hold on collecting them for right now.
I also received my pre-order of Dragon Ball: Full Color Saiyan Arc V1 back when that came out and the DBZ S2 Blu-Ray came today so I've been marathoning the S1 one. On the last disc now.

dodge2461
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dodge2461 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:50 pm

My first Dragon Ball purchase of 2014 is Dragon Ball GT: Volume 1(should really be volume 6, but oh well).

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:11 pm

Bought today two following items from Dragon Ball:

1) Dragon Ball: The Complete Illustrations (from Fizzer for £10)
2) Dragon Ball: Collection Part One (Episodes 001-083) (on eBay for £17)
dodge2461 wrote:My first Dragon Ball purchase of 2014 is Dragon Ball GT: Volume 1(should really be volume 6, but oh well).
DBGT Vol 1? What is that exactly?
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:14 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
dodge2461 wrote:My first Dragon Ball purchase of 2014 is Dragon Ball GT: Volume 1(should really be volume 6, but oh well).
DBGT Vol 1? What is that exactly?
I'm guessing it's Funimation's first GT single, or some other company's distribution of said DVD. Since there were 5 "Lost Episodes" volumes that should come before it, that would technically make it number six, like he mentions.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:18 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I'm guessing it's Funimation's first GT single, or some other company's distribution of said DVD. Since there were 5 "Lost Episodes" volumes that should come before it, that would technically make it number six, like he mentions.
Ah yes that's true, I stamped white sticky notes on each disc to know which is which going from Volume 1-21 (TV Special) because all those "-ation" titles are confusing.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray