What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by tinlunlau » Thu May 17, 2018 9:12 pm

Picked up sh figuarts Goku Black. Glad I bought this on time so I don't need to pay slightly marked up prices like I did for Super Saiyan God Goku. Wished I bought an extra Goku Black though.
The world is your's.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:03 pm

Finally got all the American Dragon Boxes:

fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:12 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Finally got all the American Dragon Boxes:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Congrats man! One-by-one or did you just get them all at once?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:11 am

Forte224 wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:Finally got all the American Dragon Boxes:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Congrats man! One-by-one or did you just get them all at once?
One-by-one.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:56 pm

Got this in the mail finally! Now to upload it to my PC and use the Dragon Radar program to add subtitles.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie

Post by SqueakyBoots » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:57 pm

Got Dragon Ball Super Parts 1-3 on blu-ray a few days ago. You can really tell the increase in quality between them and watching streaming versions.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:16 pm

SqueakyBoots wrote:Got Dragon Ball Super Parts 1-3 on blu-ray a few days ago. You can really tell the increase in quality between them and watching streaming versions.
Ain't that the truth.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:26 am

Just got this lil' Zamas-chan I like the details, he looks so cute.

I'm also planning on buying these awesome pair of earrings
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:09 am

Forte224 wrote:Got this in the mail finally! Now to upload it to my PC and use the Dragon Radar program to add subtitles.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Nice! I won't ever take the plunge on Z since I don't think the show is worth it but OG DB definitely is!

Actually thinking about it the amount I have spend on DB figures since 2017 I could have bought these like twice over :lol:

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:42 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Forte224 wrote:Got this in the mail finally! Now to upload it to my PC and use the Dragon Radar program to add subtitles.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Nice! I won't ever take the plunge on Z since I don't think the show is worth it but OG DB definitely is!

Actually thinking about it the amount I have spend on DB figures since 2017 I could have bought these like twice over :lol:
I'm actually going for all 5 of the Japanese boxes. They're all worth it to me. And yeah you have so many of those figures, some that are very hard to get, it's pretty awesome. One day that large arms-crossed SSB Vegeta will be mine. Just as soon as I find out your addre-er, I mean find a good eBay deal :shifty:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:40 pm

Forte224 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm actually going for all 5 of the Japanese boxes. They're all worth it to me. And yeah you have so many of those figures, some that are very hard to get, it's pretty awesome. One day that large arms-crossed SSB Vegeta will be mine. Just as soon as I find out your addre-er, I mean find a good eBay deal :shifty:
Fair enough and good luck! Though by the looks of it you got the rarer one's already!

Haha. Well actually I got unlucky a few months ago builders were doing stuff in the room next to mine (drilling etc) and I came from work to find them both and my Grandista Rosé fallen off the shelf onto the floor, Rosé wasn't too bad just a few paint scuffs on the hair, same with SSGSS Goku but Vegeta there was a chip on his hair and a scrath on his leg... ;(
But the absolute crazy thing is I had my 25cm UI Goku either side and that never fell off... Ultra Instinct indeed! That was the one I was worried about the most as it's market value is ridiculous since it is the first ever UI figure and was part of an IBK (about 18,000yen!) I legitimately would have creid if that got damaged... :lol:

But yeah my luck with finding deals on figures is crazy, I managed to find the ¥14,000 IBK Rosé for half that because the seller said the box was damaged, I get it and there's like a minor scratch and the figure is still sealed and everything. That's my biggest coop to this day and I'm so happy whenever I think about it lol. (The figure is still sealed boxed btw no way am I opening it!)

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:46 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Fair enough and good luck! Though by the looks of it you got the rarer one's already!

Haha. Well actually I got unlucky a few months ago builders were doing stuff in the room next to mine (drilling etc) and I came from work to find them both and my Grandista Rosé fallen off the shelf onto the floor, Rosé wasn't too bad just a few paint scuffs on the hair, same with SSGSS Goku but Vegeta there was a chip on his hair and a scrath on his leg... ;(
But the absolute crazy thing is I had my 25cm UI Goku either side and that never fell off... Ultra Instinct indeed! That was the one I was worried about the most as it's market value is ridiculous since it is the first ever UI figure and was part of an IBK (about 18,000yen!) I legitimately would have creid if that got damaged... :lol:

But yeah my luck with finding deals on figures is crazy, I managed to find the ¥14,000 IBK Rosé for half that because the seller said the box was damaged, I get it and there's like a minor scratch and the figure is still sealed and everything. That's my biggest coop to this day and I'm so happy whenever I think about it lol. (The figure is still sealed boxed btw no way am I opening it!)
Ouch, the poor Vegeta. It's good you're able to find those deals though. Your passion for figures and your ability to find great deals on them is a perfect match.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Forte224 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Fair enough and good luck! Though by the looks of it you got the rarer one's already!

Ouch, the poor Vegeta. It's good you're able to find those deals though. Your passion for figures and your ability to find great deals on them is a perfect match.
I actually knew absolutely nothing about DB merch and figures other then what I saw on ebay etc just a few years ago and now I am conversing Japanese sculptors! Been a crazy few years of learning!

I actually remember one of my very first posts on Kanzenshuu was when BoG had just opened in Japan and I was asking about figures for the movie lol.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:36 am

Just got this boss-ass Trunks figure yesterday at ConnectiCon:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
fadeddreams5 wrote:

KeKeKe

Post by KeKeKe » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:40 pm

I recently bought the first two volumes of the Dragon Ball Super manga in English: "Warriors From Universe 6" (Volume 1) and "The Winning Universe Is Decided" (Volume 2).

I'm obviously planning to buy the following volumes of the series (in English too) as soon as they are released.

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:17 pm

I guess it would either be volume 3 of the Super manga or the Best of Goku fights dvd that was in the discount bin at Wal-Mart for like $3.
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim

Monna

Post by Monna » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:52 pm

Xenoverse dlc

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:07 am

Picked up these for 99p each. Couldn't turn that down!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

They're great as expected from Nakazawa!

Also a crap tonne of figures and new movie merch shipped from Japan! Since I don't have anything pre ordered from Japan until October I squeezed literally as much as I could out these shipments lol.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:52 am

Words cannot express how much happiness these bring me. I bought this set off Ebay a little while ago, and it just got to me (NZ customs snared it and I had to pay tax)...

This DBZ set is something I have wanted for so long, but have never had the chance to get them. Yes, it cost me a LOT ($US320, $NZ108 shipping, $NZ183 import tax), but I thought to hell with it, I NEEDED them, so I got them.

The rest I will put in spoiler tags;

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:52 am

Words cannot express how much happiness these bring me. I bought this set off Ebay a little while ago, and it just got to me (NZ customs snared it and I had to pay tax)...

This DBZ set is something I have wanted for so long, but have never had the chance to get them. Yes, it cost me a LOT ($US320, $NZ108 shipping, $NZ183 import tax), but I thought to hell with it, I NEEDED them, so I got them.

The rest I will put in spoiler tags;

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Look at that beautiful artwork..... LOOK AT IT!! :clap:

Volume #49, I purchased on AmazonJP as it wasn't part of the Ebay set.