What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm

Bootlegs really don't have much logic in them, no matter what series they rip off...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

ecrockedboston
Beyond Newbie

Post by ecrockedboston » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:57 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:I don't understand the logic of having a "Dragon Ball Super" book with a dead Goku and Vegeta in outfits that they've never worn in Super and with Gogeta's face (who wasn't in the series yet) in the background.
Personally, I was hoping for concept arr and things of the like. I got duped.
One who consciously devises memes, through meme-splicing and memetic synthesis, with the intent of altering the behavior of others. Writers of manifestos and of commercials are typical memetic engineers.
-Memetic Lexicon

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:01 am

Danfun64 wrote:Bootlegs really don't have much logic in them, no matter what series they rip off...
Yeah, but if you're going through the trouble of making such an elaborate bootleg, then surely you're at least a fan enough to have some knowledge on what you're ripping off. So again, I question the logic of someone who is supposedly a fan in making such a bizarre mistake.

ecrockedboston wrote:Personally, I was hoping for concept arr and things of the like. I got duped.
Yeah, that sucks. But live and learn, right?

ecrockedboston
Beyond Newbie

Post by ecrockedboston » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:04 pm

ecrockedboston wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote:I don't understand the logic of having a "Dragon Ball Super" book with a dead Goku and Vegeta in outfits that they've never worn in Super and with Gogeta's face (who wasn't in the series yet) in the background.
Personally, I was hoping for concept arr and things of the like. I got duped.
Well here's what got me... I haven't seen much of Super, so I don't really know what, if any, of the previous series they incorporate.
One who consciously devises memes, through meme-splicing and memetic synthesis, with the intent of altering the behavior of others. Writers of manifestos and of commercials are typical memetic engineers.
-Memetic Lexicon

VICDBZ
Not-So-Newbie

Post by VICDBZ » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Last purchase:

First Comic Book of Dragon Ball Super in spanish

:)

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:01 pm

I just ordered the SS4 Goku and Vegeta Figure-rise model kits from HLJ. Very eagerly awaiting them, as I love building Gunpla, and I like the selection that this line already has. If I like them, I'll probably get Gohan and Cell next (I like the Cell more than the awkward and shrimpy Figuarts one).

(image not mine, but it's cool)
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:05 pm

I just ordered the SS4 Goku and Vegeta Figure-rise model kits from HLJ. Very eagerly awaiting them, as I love building Gunpla, and I like the selection that this line already has. If I like them, I'll probably get Gohan and Cell next (I like the Cell more than the awkward and shrimpy Figuarts one).

(image not mine, but it's cool)
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dougo13 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:23 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: May I inquire as to why you decided to buy these? Not that I object, I'm just curious.
To watch the dub mainly. I've been tryna do a full viewing of the Toonami broadcast dub (or at least something similar) and the VHS tapes and single DVDs were the things closest to it. I was only really aiming for the Ocean dub, but one thing lead to another and here I am. Plus, i never really grew up with it since I'm a 2000s baby, so I'm curious to see what all these older people are all hyped up about. That, and I might as well make use of the built in VCR in my TV.
You hardly run into anyone with a working VCR anymore. I only have one left, and I'm using it to convert all of my VHS tapes to DVD. Hope you enjoy them. By the way, the Funimation and Ocean dub are very similar to one another, so you aren't missing much.
VHS decks are actually easy to come by as they stopped production on them only last year. I picked up another working condition JVC Super VHS deck only a week ago to go along with the 2 others I have. Working Beta decks are a real big problem as the capacitors tend to dry out in them and the gears break or go brittle and break since the decks are 30 or more years old. Luckily, there are several people on YouTube who walk you through fixing them so if you have a bit of patience you can get them working again. Most of my earliest DB tapes are on Beta format (as well as Dr. Slump before it), so it's imperative I get working units again...

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Picked up the Dragon Ball 3-in-1 volume with volumes 25, 26, and 27 yesterday at my comic book store.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:44 pm

Always room for some WCFs :mrgreen:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:40 pm

floofychan333 wrote:Picked up the Dragon Ball 3-in-1 volume with volumes 25, 26, and 27 yesterday at my comic book store.
Was it the Vizbig 3-in-1's or the 3-in-1's with the cool cover art?

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:47 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:Picked up the Dragon Ball 3-in-1 volume with volumes 25, 26, and 27 yesterday at my comic book store.
The VizBig's use generic Toriyama art. The 3-in-1's use the Kanzenban art.

Image vs Image

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:57 am

mute_proxy wrote:Always room for some WCFs :mrgreen:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I would love to collect these but can't justify the price point, if the price point was half of what it is then it'd be perfect.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:55 pm

simtek34 wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
The VizBig's use generic Toriyama art. The 3-in-1's use the Kanzenban art.

Image vs Image
But they make up for it with paper quality and addition of color pages.

Snow_Lilies

Post by Snow_Lilies » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:09 am

Sorry for the blurry image but I picked up this cool-looking No. 18 recently.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:44 pm

Been meaning to get this for some time and the price of these have been going up so saw one for $27 and pounced! :)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Currently hunting Beerus while I have saved up for Grandista Res of Soldiers Goku, and DXF SSGSSS Goku, Rosé Black and SSSGSS Vegetto. Currently also trying to save up for FES line. Already saved up for Buu Kai, still 50/50 on whether I want to get Super retellings.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:25 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
The one with the Kanzenban cover.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:33 pm

Grabbed the first part of Z Kai, The Final Chapters.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:06 pm

Ditto on the Kai: The Final Chapters: Part One purchase. I was surprised to see my Wal-mart carrying both the DVD and Bluray copies, so I went ahead and nabbed the Bluray. Hopefully they'll keep getting the other new sets as they come out each month too.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:35 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Ditto on the Kai: The Final Chapters: Part One purchase. I was surprised to see my Wal-mart carrying both the DVD and Bluray copies, so I went ahead and nabbed the Bluray. Hopefully they'll keep getting the other new sets as they come out each month too.
That's odd. Walmart.com doesn't even ave it listed! I will plan on checking my local Wal-Mart later today. How much did it cost for you GYT?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34