What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:32 pm

Danfun64 wrote:Wait a minute...it's a 1080p version of the Orange Bricks? ...meaning the actual ones, not the Season Blu-Rays (which use a different transfer)?
I've compared several times, and the Microsoft release definitely isn't the same as the Blu-rays. It's actually bizarre, but I'm sure of it, the shadows on the characters' faces give it away just from a quick skim, they have a reddish tint that the Blu-rays don't.
TheGreatness25 wrote:I do recall an X-Box (Microsoft) release of the first "season" and people were saying that it used Level Set footage even further than was released (another one of the Level Sets was set to be released and it seems like its footage ended up on X-Box's store despite the release itself never happening).
I just saw evidence of that today. I'd love to have them, but I doubt anyone's put them up online.
Last edited by Jinzoningen MULE on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:33 pm

If it is a 1080p version of the Orange Bricks transfer...I wonder how the Cell and Boo sagas look compared to the Season Blu-Rays, as apparently the later orange brick sets compensated for the poor quality of the first ones by having quality that's almost Dragon Box level, cropping aside.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Danfun64 wrote:...as apparently the later orange brick sets compensated for the poor quality of the first ones by having quality that's almost Dragon Box level, cropping aside.
They aren't even close to Dragon Box level, but they are significantly better than the early bricks. No matter which version of the Season Sets you get, they bottom out during Namek, and improve rather drastically in the Android Arc. By Boo, they aren't even that bad, all things considered. If you want to check it out, Microsoft is practically giving the whole series away (quite literally with Season 1). The first 39 episodes are free, and it's $55 for the other 252.
Retired.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Just nabbed Season 1 of DBZ for my Xbox One.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:44 pm

got these 35mm cels off of ebay!

GoGoMe

Post by GoGoMe » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:06 am

Hi guys :)

I am learning Japanese atm, and for me the best way learning a language has always been to read in that language ( even if it sometimes can get really hard, specially Japanese since its just different from what we are used to ).

This time I decided to kick it oldschool, with DB! I went out on Ebay and got me few WSJ for a really good price ( just 0.99 $/piece ), the newest VJ mag & DB Legend Vol.18.

Here comes few pics of my purchases!

http://imgur.com/uF1j5eK
http://imgur.com/uDLrEw9
http://imgur.com/oMHZCUE
http://imgur.com/nTAexBc
http://imgur.com/Fv9FRjB
http://imgur.com/T9X74ei

And for those of you who are into Yu-Gi-Oh!, Kaibadoll from Duelist Kingdom had a blue wig in the original compared to the brown wig in the Full Color realise.

http://imgur.com/AxizsI3
Everyone get down, take cover, get moving, Goku is releasing the Kamehameha

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:47 am

Fuck yeah, Lunch time!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

God, the articulation of the flesh is so good on this figure.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:02 am

JulieYBM wrote:Fuck yeah, Lunch time!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

I thought your schtick of being the lewdest member on this forum was just a joke, clearly I was mistaken.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:15 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Fuck yeah, Lunch time!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

I thought your schtick of being the lewdest member on this forum was just a joke, clearly I was mistaken.
I'm a modest person, so I have no problem making fun of myself (which I tend to hide in some posts), but I believe that, first and foremost, it is of the utmost importance for a fan to simply be sincere. There's a alarming lack of sincerity from fans on the internet that boils down to outright put-upon-cynicism towards their own fandom, especially when sexuality comes into play. This is something I believe we should move away from. The Otaku (that is, Japanese Otaku, not the 'Otaku' of the English-speaking western world) have mastered this art of sincerity and earnestness, while also remaining emotionally detached from their own fandom. This Vulcan-like control is something I strive for with regards to my own fandom.

At the end of the day, of course, I just like titties and lovingly crafted female anatomy. These Dragon Ball Gal figures are the perfect outlet for showing that artistic support, especially this Black-haired Lunch! My pictures don't do her justice, but the folds of her flesh and the way her belly pokes out over her skin-tight shorts is so pinpoint. I may be a titty man, but damn if the way of her musculature and frame doesn't blow my mind. You can really tell the artist of the figure's mold really has strong feelings for the kind of figure that Lunch would have. She's kind, dim and good at cooking, so she'd probably be a little thicker, rather than supermodel sleek. That alone gives the figure an extra layer of story. Her posture and facial expressions, too...damn, those really fit her figure. I can just imagine that she's approaching her lover while striking that form, captivating his heart just with her simple mannerisms and way of thinking.
She/Her
bisexual milf

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:43 am

JulieYBM wrote: I'm a modest person, so I have no problem making fun of myself (which I tend to hide in some posts), but I believe that, first and foremost, it is of the utmost importance for a fan to simply be sincere. There's a alarming lack of sincerity from fans on the internet that boils down to outright put-upon-cynicism towards their own fandom, especially when sexuality comes into play. This is something I believe we should move away from. The Otaku (that is, Japanese Otaku, not the 'Otaku' of the English-speaking western world) have mastered this art of sincerity and earnestness, while also remaining emotionally detached from their own fandom. This Vulcan-like control is something I strive for with regards to my own fandom.

At the end of the day, of course, I just like titties and lovingly crafted female anatomy. These Dragon Ball Gal figures are the perfect outlet for showing that artistic support, especially this Black-haired Lunch! My pictures don't do her justice, but the folds of her flesh and the way her belly pokes out over her skin-tight shorts is so pinpoint. I may be a titty man, but damn if the way of her musculature and frame doesn't blow my mind. You can really tell the artist of the figure's mold really has strong feelings for the kind of figure that Lunch would have. She's kind, dim and good at cooking, so she'd probably be a little thicker, rather than supermodel sleek. That alone gives the figure an extra layer of story. Her posture and facial expressions, too...damn, those really fit her figure. I can just imagine that she's approaching her lover while striking that form, captivating his heart just with her simple mannerisms and way of thinking.
You started off strong and then things got somewhat bizarre. I do get your general point, though, and I somewhat agree. Though I don't know about the accuracy of that figure, Launch's proportions there are well beyond what is humanly possible and also rather different from her portrayal in the series.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:50 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
JulieYBM wrote: I'm a modest person, so I have no problem making fun of myself (which I tend to hide in some posts), but I believe that, first and foremost, it is of the utmost importance for a fan to simply be sincere. There's a alarming lack of sincerity from fans on the internet that boils down to outright put-upon-cynicism towards their own fandom, especially when sexuality comes into play. This is something I believe we should move away from. The Otaku (that is, Japanese Otaku, not the 'Otaku' of the English-speaking western world) have mastered this art of sincerity and earnestness, while also remaining emotionally detached from their own fandom. This Vulcan-like control is something I strive for with regards to my own fandom.

You started off strong and then things got somewhat bizarre. I do get your general point, though, and I somewhat agree. Though I don't know about the accuracy of that figure, Launch's proportions there are well beyond what is humanly possible and also rather different from her portrayal in the series.
The figure might not be accurate to drawings made years ago, but few things ever are. Artists all have their own way of doing things, this is merely one artist's way. It is a piece of art that reflects their feelings and their inspirations, no different than how an animator will animate a character.
She/Her
bisexual milf

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:58 am

JulieYBM wrote:pics
Wait what, there's an official figure of rule 63 Luffy? :lol:

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:45 am

After much poking from my girlfriend last night, I picked this puppy up at Barnes and Noble last night. Did anybody know this was a thing?? I can't wait to build it when I get from work tonight.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:59 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:pics
Wait what, there's an official figure of rule 63 Luffy? :lol:
"They're real and they're spectacular."

She/Her
bisexual milf

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:11 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

After slacking for almost 5 years I finally bought the rest of the Blue Bricks. My Dragon Ball collection is finally completed.

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dougo13 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:24 pm

GoGoMe wrote:Hi guys :)

I am learning Japanese atm, and for me the best way learning a language has always been to read in that language ( even if it sometimes can get really hard, specially Japanese since its just different from what we are used to ).

This time I decided to kick it oldschool, with DB! I went out on Ebay and got me few WSJ for a really good price ( just 0.99 $/piece ), the newest VJ mag & DB Legend Vol.18.

Here comes few pics of my purchases!

http://imgur.com/uF1j5eK
http://imgur.com/uDLrEw9
http://imgur.com/oMHZCUE
http://imgur.com/nTAexBc
http://imgur.com/Fv9FRjB
http://imgur.com/T9X74ei

And for those of you who are into Yu-Gi-Oh!, Kaibadoll from Duelist Kingdom had a blue wig in the original compared to the brown wig in the Full Color realise.

http://imgur.com/AxizsI3

Those are interesting (I used to have hundreds of the weeklies but alas only a few survive) but the best would be to have the Japanese/English readers if you can still find them. I have ones for Urusei Yatsura and Sasuga no Sarutobi but I'm sure there are others. These include the manga in Japanese and English and would be most helpful.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:53 am

...I don't get it. Shouldn't it be (Normal English Translation) - (As close to word to word English as possible) - (Romanized Japanese) - (Normal Japanese Text)?
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dougo13 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:04 pm

Danfun64 wrote:...I don't get it. Shouldn't it be (Normal English Translation) - (As close to word to word English as possible) - (Romanized Japanese) - (Normal Japanese Text)?
Readers like these are used to teach Japanese kids English but you can use them in reverse to teach yourself Japanese character reading. But it's still a lot of rote memory work which I was never good at.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:53 pm

A friend gave me the old Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle single DVD for cheap.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I've heard that it's better than the version from the 4-pack, which I don't own. So I also ordered the 4-pack to compare (and for the other movies, since I've actually been meaning to own them for a while).

Anything I should look for?
Retired.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:34 pm

The superiority of the video of the old DB Movie 2 single should be evident fairly quickly, as the biggest issue of the 2010 release of DB Movie 2 is that the framerate is cut in half, an issue that none of the other movies in the 4 pack (or Funi in general, really) suffer from. This issue make it the worst transfer of something DB related by Funi ever made.

That being said, you should still keep the new DVD with the horrific transfer...if only for use with Thejeremymenace's Dragon Radar project.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.