What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Volume one of the Dragon Ball Super manga.
A question for you and anyone else who has the manga... or just anyone who knows the Japanese manga in general.

Are there any or is there any reason to believe that there would be any changes to Viz's manga? I know in Dragon Ball and even in Z, there were some censoring reasons for alterations, but is there anything censor-worthy here? I feel like from what I know, Super is much more toned down and aside from Mr. Popo's lips, is there anything else that could get cut? Like middle fingers or nudity or anything like that? It bugged me so much with the DB/Z manga, that I went and bought the Japanese one just to avoid that stuff. Really not looking to double dip on Super.

Thanks in advance!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Been forever since there were revealed, but finally out. HYPE!!!!!!!!!

Banpresto didn't release a lot of these unlike the others, that is interesting wonder why?

SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie

Post by SqueakyBoots » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:24 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:
A question for you and anyone else who has the manga... or just anyone who knows the Japanese manga in general.

Are there any or is there any reason to believe that there would be any changes to Viz's manga? I know in Dragon Ball and even in Z, there were some censoring reasons for alterations, but is there anything censor-worthy here? I feel like from what I know, Super is much more toned down and aside from Mr. Popo's lips, is there anything else that could get cut? Like middle fingers or nudity or anything like that? It bugged me so much with the DB/Z manga, that I went and bought the Japanese one just to avoid that stuff. Really not looking to double dip on Super.

Thanks in advance!
I don't own the printed version but as far as I know, none of the chapters Viz has released online have any censorship and I would assume the printed copies are using the same version.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:44 am

SqueakyBoots wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote:

Thanks in advance!
I don't own the printed version but as far as I know, none of the chapters Viz has released online have any censorship and I would assume the printed copies are using the same version.
Thank you very much!

Trunksuu

Post by Trunksuu » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:47 pm

I bought a Future Trunks figure at a store I visit frequently. It's in good condition too, so that's a bonus.
Trunks: These androids are ruthless, they delight in causing pain and chaos.
Living on Earth in my time is like living in a nightmare. Always running and hiding and looking for a way out.

Trunks: I can't find hope in the present, but if I change the past can I find hope for the future?

Android 18: Ugh! I hate you!
Trunks: You hate the fact that you're powerless to stop me. That you're completely outmatched. Well imagine feeling what you do now all of the time like the people of this planet do. Fools! How do you think my master Gohan felt when you ganged up on him in the rain and he had no way out? Well, now it's your turn, I hope you enjoy it.

Trunks: Gohan, why'd you have to do it, why'd you have to leave me? It's not fair! Oh gosh no... what did they do to you Gohan? You were my best friend, you were everything to me... everything! This just isn't fair! Gohan, Gohan, GOHAN!

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Dragon Ball Super vol. 1 and a little vinyl figure of SSJ Gokū (the one that originally came with one of Xenoverse 2's special editions).
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ShinkenRed

Post by ShinkenRed » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:58 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Been forever since there were revealed, but finally out. HYPE!!!!!!!!!

[snip]

Banpresto didn't release a lot of these unlike the others, that is interesting wonder why?
I really want that Goku Black. I've been looking online but it's quite hard to find at a decent price. Any recommendations?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:06 am

ShinkenRed wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Been forever since there were revealed, but finally out. HYPE!!!!!!!!!

[snip]

I really want that Goku Black. I've been looking online but it's quite hard to find at a decent price. Any recommendations?
I think it's because Banpresto Japan/Asia released them in lower quantity thats why they're hard to find at a decent price.
As for recommendations there is that Banpresto are releasing these in America & Eur in Sept/Oct however it seems they are only releasing them as a set or Vegetto Blue on it's own. Currently Bigbadtoystore have the set of both for $50 but releases in October.

SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie

Post by SqueakyBoots » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:50 am

Found Dragon Ball Z Vizbig Volumes 1 and 3 at a comic store the other day. About halfway through having the complete run.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:02 am

These two fellows:

[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:45 am

I bought a WFC Golden Frieza (the DBZF12 version) and pre-ordered Future Mai!

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:50 am

Cool, I'm about to order that set that has Mai in it :)

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:33 am

Actually been a few weeks already since I got back, but I went on a trip to Japan in May. Here's a pic of the merch I picked up while there:

Was happy that I got several Black figures, but disappointed that there was barely any Zamasu :cry: Besides the one keychain I bought, I only saw one other figure of him (and stupidly didn't pick it up then, because I thought I'd have another chance to get him later).

Also was pleased to add a few more of the Vegetas eating local specialties to my collection. Between this trip and one I took last year, I now have 13 of them in total!
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:02 pm

This was a while back, but I now own the Viz 3-in-1s of Dragon Ball volumes 28-30 and 31-33. 3 more until my collection is done! (then Super, however long that runs)
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:47 pm

Most recently it's just been the three Kai: The Final Chapters sets (may have posted about the first one I nabbed, can't remember), but I did also nab Part Eight on Bluray of the old release, since that one I only had on DVD prior. So now, the entirety of Kai I have on Bluray.

Oh, and I guess if you count redeeming my Season Set purchase for the latest Xenoverse 2 DLC as a new purchase, then there's that too.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Gokuto

Post by Gokuto » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:08 pm

I just bought a little Goku Black (SSJRosé) figure from the Bandai Power 66 series. Also bought the Season 2 DBZ Blu-Ray a few days ago.
You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are - Mr. Piccolo

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:44 pm

My Kai Parts 1-8 finally turned up today, sold from Captain Awesome.

I got FInal Chapters Part 2 from Ebay, before Amazon finally dropped their price.

VICDBZ
Not-So-Newbie

Post by VICDBZ » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:40 pm

My last purchases

:)

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:45 pm

I bought Funko's ROF Vegeta Pop (just the base one, not SSJB).
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:39 pm

Had to do a small-ish RightStuf order to nab an older anime called Cat's Eye while it's on sale, and nabbed the first volume of Dragon Ball Super's manga just to hit free shipping. Still greatly prefer the anime in this case, but still pretty excited to get that in and read it again soon.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)