What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by LordCrumb » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:32 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Does look lovely but TOEI is probably already planning on remastering DB, Z and GT for upcoming Blu-ray releases and it'll make the Dragon Box DVD boxsets obsolete.

The Bardock special looks amazing in high def so I can't imagine how wowed I'd be seeing Z with that quality.
"probably".

Unless it's confirmed from a legit source, for me, it's not happening anytime soon, so why not buy the other ones. They will always be collector items anyway.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:57 am

LordCrumb wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote: Does look lovely but TOEI is probably already planning on remastering DB, Z and GT for upcoming Blu-ray releases and it'll make the Dragon Box DVD boxsets obsolete.

The Bardock special looks amazing in high def so I can't imagine how wowed I'd be seeing Z with that quality.
"probably".

Unless it's confirmed from a legit source, for me, it's not happening anytime soon, so why not buy the other ones. They will always be collector items anyway.
It's in Japanese, no subs and the audio quality is less than desirable. At least the PQ looks great.

Btw, as far as credible sources to confirm such that's only TOEI, FUNi, Madman, Selecta, AB or Bandai. The rest (Kanzenshuu users and DB YouTubers) are assumptions based on what we've been seeing. Just because a certain DB YouTuber shows you a pic of GT in HD doesn't mean they're working on it but the Bardock special? It's a sign.

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:59 am

LordCrumb wrote:

"probably".

Lol I always think about selling my dragon boxes and buying back cheaper if they release the new remaster the

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:33 pm

My DB 4:3 movie collection is going well. I have over half of the DBZ movies now. Technically I own all the DB movies 4:3, but it's the 4 pack so I'm looking for the single of Sleeping Princess to replace the 4 pack disc with it, due to the frame rate issue. If anyone is wanting to part ways with any of their movie singles let me know.

Also, I was finally able to track down the Bardock special single, as well as the Trunks special single, so I now own the only 4:3 release of those over here. Excluding the VHS versions anyway.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:38 pm

October shipment, the October Ichiban Kuji's box is ridiculously big! Just catching up on UDM DP's I haven't picked up.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:October shipment, the October Ichiban Kuji's box is ridiculously big! Just catching up on UDM DP's I haven't picked up.
Dude that looks so awesome!
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:20 pm

samuraix123 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:October shipment, the October Ichiban Kuji's box is ridiculously big! Just catching up on UDM DP's I haven't picked up.
Dude that looks so awesome!
I was only supposed to get the WCD's then I got paid halfway through October and went a bit crazy lol.

November can't afford to go crazy (just getting UDMs) because movie merch is stacked in December & January I ended up pre ordered every figure (expect the Buyuden Broly & the Adverge set), come to a crazy just under 60 figures.... :wtf:

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Totally forgot the Yamcha manga came out until I saw the title for the recent podcast. It's a lot thinner than I expected. So far the art is really consistent with Toriyama...except kid Goku looks a bit off.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:07 am

Just bought Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 3 as a Christmas present for my brother.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

SheonGT

Post by SheonGT » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:12 am

Forte224 wrote: Also, I was finally able to track down the Bardock special single, as well as the Trunks special single, so I now own the only 4:3 release of those over here. Excluding the VHS versions anyway.

My singles collection is almost complete! History of a Trunks is one I’ve still yet to get because I don’t want to pay more than 10 USD for it online. I’ve been watching eBay listings.. Bardock was listed really high too. Of course it’s really popular but I just had to wait it out
Ask me about my love for the Faulconer Productions score!

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:20 am

SheonGT wrote:
Forte224 wrote: Also, I was finally able to track down the Bardock special single, as well as the Trunks special single, so I now own the only 4:3 release of those over here. Excluding the VHS versions anyway.

My singles collection is almost complete! History of a Trunks is one I’ve still yet to get because I don’t want to pay more than 10 USD for it online. I’ve been watching eBay listings.. Bardock was listed really high too. Of course it’s really popular but I just had to wait it out
Bardock I couldn't find for cheap, but definitely if you wait out Trunks you'll find it for $10 or less.

SheonGT

Post by SheonGT » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:07 pm

Forte224 wrote:
SheonGT wrote:

Bardock I couldn't find for cheap, but definitely if you wait out Trunks you'll find it for $10 or less.
Have you just been looking on eBay or somewhere else?
Ask me about my love for the Faulconer Productions score!

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:09 pm

SheonGT wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
SheonGT wrote:
Have you just been looking on eBay or somewhere else?
Basically eBay and Amazon. I don't trust many other sites. I barely even trust those two haha.

TheNamekGio
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheNamekGio » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:04 pm

Picked him up at the local anime shop down the road.
I'm a DB veteran thats paid my DB dues!!

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:29 pm

My wife lucked out at the pawn shop the other:

We've got boxes 5, 6 and 7 from a previous, miraculous pawn shop visit some time ago. Not bad for blind luck!

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Bryesque wrote:My wife lucked out at the pawn shop the other:

We've got boxes 5, 6 and 7 from a previous, miraculous pawn shop visit some time ago. Not bad for blind luck!
Nice
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:31 am

Holiday backlog means massive post day! 8)

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:38 am

Photo evidence of the words "Son" and "Goku" being used together in a mainstream English Dragon Ball product:

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:01 am

Got this bad boy from my local used game store in the last couple of days, and so my DB game collection is growing slowly but surely.

DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:46 pm

KBABZ wrote:Photo evidence of the words "Son" and "Goku" being used together in a mainstream English Dragon Ball product:

I find it more surprising they used the authentic logo of Dragon Ball which looks awesome. As for "Son Goku" that's fairly standard in the West, not necessarily in the English market, as you pointed out.

"Son Gokou" would be going the extra mile for that accuracy. :P