What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:18 am

That and the WFC Goku are nice but I stopped pre ordering banpresto figures, you just don't know when they'll screw around with the final versions. Sometimes the final versions have minimal changes sometimes drastic and you won't know until a month before.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:25 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
That and the WFC Goku are nice but I stopped pre ordering banpresto figures, you just don't know when they'll screw around with the final versions. Sometimes the final versions have minimal changes sometimes drastic and you won't know until a month before.
That is worrisome but it is also incredibly cheap so I think I can take a risk. Hopefully they don't screw it up too much.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:45 am

Kinokima wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
That is worrisome but it is also incredibly cheap so I think I can take a risk. Hopefully they don't screw it up too much.
Yeah that's a pretty good price, to bad they can't ship to the UK I might have taken the risk on that Goku.

But yeah it's only really since April of this year they been like that, before that the final versions generally didn't differ much from what I remember.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:21 am

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SY606_.jpg

Been wanting this Vegeta for a while so I ordered him

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:27 am

Forte224 wrote:https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SY606_.jpg

Also just ordered a Vegeta figure. I actually don't have one with his black hair and I really like his face here. It is really rare where I am satisfied with Vegeta's face in figures. He was also pretty cheap so I figured why not. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Banpresto-Dragon ... 8S0WF4BSCG

It is actually amazing to me how cheap you can get a lot of DB figures compared to so many other figures. I mean I know they aren't scale quality but even prize figures tend to be a bit more expensive and harder to get.

Edit: Apparently there is a bootleg of this figure (which seems dumb since he is so cheap to begin with). Hope I didn't get that but I should be able to return it to Amazon if there is a problem. Well I will find out Sunday.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:52 am

Good pick, definitely liked how this one turned out, the random splodges blue on paint on the clothes is a nice touch it's kind of like he is in aura. Was kind of sad to see Banpresto drop the MSP line but fortunately they have replaced them with even better ones.
Kinokima wrote:Edit: Apparently there is a bootleg of this figure (which seems dumb since he is so cheap to begin with). Hope I didn't get that but I should be able to return it to Amazon if there is a problem. Well I will find out Sunday.
There are bootlegs of everything and anything, even super cheap gashapons like mini keychains have bootlegs :lol: Considering the figures are already made in China it isn't surprising that there are bootlegs for pretty much anything.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:54 am

Kinokima wrote:

Also just ordered a Vegeta figure. I actually don't have one with his black hair and I really like his face here. It is really rare where I am satisfied with Vegeta's face in figures. He was also pretty cheap so I figured why not. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Banpresto-Dragon ... 8S0WF4BSCG

It is actually amazing to me how cheap you can get a lot of DB figures compared to so many other figures. I mean I know they aren't scale quality but even prize figures tend to be a bit more expensive and harder to get.

Edit: Apparently there is a bootleg of this figure (which seems dumb since he is so cheap to begin with). Hope I didn't get that but I should be able to return it to Amazon if there is a problem. Well I will find out Sunday.
Looks like it's sold from Japan so it should be fine(?) A lot of the bootlegs come from China in my experience. I've always wanted that Vegeta too. Just a good, black haired, no BS Vegeta figure. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though. If I'm not careful I'll empty my whole bank account on Dragon Ball figures and media

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Is it just me or does the Goku side of that Vegeta figure not look as good? All the reviews praise it but I've never been able to get myself purchase it because his face just doesn't seem quite right while Vegeta's is spot on.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SY550_.jpg

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:02 pm

Forte224 wrote: Looks like it's sold from Japan so it should be fine(?) A lot of the bootlegs come from China in my experience. I've always wanted that Vegeta too. Just a good, black haired, no BS Vegeta figure. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though. If I'm not careful I'll empty my whole bank account on Dragon Ball figures and media

The one I am getting is shipping from the US since I am getting it in 2 days with Prime. But the reviews for the store are positive so that is a good sign. Amazon resellers are always a bit of a risk (although not as bad as EBAY). But yes I definitely avoid anything shipped from Hong Kong or Taiwan.

I really like the Vegeta figure you bought too. I like that outfit on him. :)

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:08 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Forte224 wrote: Looks like it's sold from Japan so it should be fine(?) A lot of the bootlegs come from China in my experience. I've always wanted that Vegeta too. Just a good, black haired, no BS Vegeta figure. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though. If I'm not careful I'll empty my whole bank account on Dragon Ball figures and media

The one I am getting is shipping from the US since I am getting it in 2 days with Prime. But the reviews for the store are positive so that is a good sign. Amazon resellers are always a bit of a risk (although not as bad as EBAY). But yes I definitely avoid anything shipped from Hong Kong or Taiwan.

I really like the Vegeta figure you bought too. I like that outfit on him. :)
Agreed, really wish they kept it on him after the Universe 6 Tournament arc, it's his best outfit for my tastes. Good luck with the figure

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:12 pm

Forte224 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Is it just me or does the Goku side of that Vegeta figure not look as good? All the reviews praise it but I've never been able to get myself purchase it because his face just doesn't seem quite right while Vegeta's is spot on.
Yeah definitely not you!! I never picked it up because I didn't like the face too! Luckily we're finally getting a good looking big SSGSS Goku figure in December!

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Yeah definitely not you!! I never picked it up because I didn't like the face too! Luckily we're finally getting a good looking big SSGSS Goku figure in December!
Wowwwwww I'm adding both of those to my list!!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Is that also Ichiban Kuji?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Forte224 wrote: Is it just me or does the Goku side of that Vegeta figure not look as good? All the reviews praise it but I've never been able to get myself purchase it because his face just doesn't seem quite right while Vegeta's is spot on.

Is that also Ichiban Kuji?
Yeah.

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:49 am

My most recent was Dragon Ball Super Part 02 Blu-ray. Looking forward to the next set.

SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie

Post by SqueakyBoots » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:00 pm

So I decided to be completely insane and start hunting down the two disc "part" releases of Kai on blu-ray instead of the four disc "season" sets for a couple reasons.

1. The blu-rays for Final Chapters look like they're based off the parts instead of the seasons and I would like the consistency. (I doubt Final Chapters will be getting seasons since there's only three parts)
2. I prefer the Yamamoto score for the episodes that will have it. I like Kikuchi too but you can kind of tell the placement of it in Kai was rushed.
3. I like the extra character art on the covers.
4. I have no idea if Super will ever get season sets or not but I will likely be getting the parts for that as well and Kai more or less leads into Super in a weird way.

So far, I've been able to find parts 1 and 5 for decent prices so I have those on their way. I'm assuming parts 5-8 will be easier to find since both the parts and seasons releases of those episodes use the same score and aren't as coveted as parts 1-4 are.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:33 pm

SqueakyBoots wrote:So I decided to be completely insane and start hunting down the two disc "part" releases of Kai on blu-ray instead of the four disc "season" sets for a couple reasons.

1. The blu-rays for Final Chapters look like they're based off the parts instead of the seasons and I would like the consistency. (I doubt Final Chapters will be getting seasons since there's only three parts)
2. I prefer the Yamamoto score for the episodes that will have it. I like Kikuchi too but you can kind of tell the placement of it in Kai was rushed.
3. I like the extra character art on the covers.
4. I have no idea if Super will ever get season sets or not but I will likely be getting the parts for that as well and Kai more or less leads into Super in a weird way.

So far, I've been able to find parts 1 and 5 for decent prices so I have those on their way. I'm assuming parts 5-8 will be easier to find since both the parts and seasons releases of those episodes use the same score and aren't as coveted as parts 1-4 are.
Good luck hunting them down! I foolishly sold my Kai season sets to get the parts but didn't realise how much Parts 1-4 were! I have Part 2 & 4 on BD and Part 3 on DVD, still haven't gotten Part 1 yet but I then bought Season 3 and 4 on BD again (but this time MangaUK's release) recently cuz it worked out cheaper than buying FUNi's Parts 5-8 separately. And I have all three parts of FUNi's "The Final Chapters".

Safe to say my Kai collection is pretty inconsistent. :lol:

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Is there a place I can pre order these? I've searched but I can't find them

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Forte224 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Forte224 wrote: Is it just me or does the Goku side of that Vegeta figure not look as good? All the reviews praise it but I've never been able to get myself purchase it because his face just doesn't seem quite right while Vegeta's is spot on.
Is there a place I can pre order these? I've searched but I can't find them
No pre-orders unfortunately they're basically prize lotteries in Japan, folks buy a ticket and they get prizes based off what the ticket says.
So once these go live in December your best bet is to scour Japanese auction sites for people selling them. I'd avoid eBay since Japanese sellers usually overprice things on there like last months Ichiban Kuji Vegetto Blue's were selling for over $100.