What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:00 am

Now I have to find a good place to display them in my current DB shelving;

Lucky_Deity

Post by Lucky_Deity » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:00 pm

Over the past year Manga UK have finally been releasing the DBZ Movies in the UK and I'm slowly picking them up along with the DBS Blu Ray's, so recently the other day I finally got to the third movie pack which includes the Cooler movies, they're all DVD and Blu Ray combo packs, which is cool, though I'll probably never touch the DVD. I've also picked up Vol. 3 of the DBS Manga and picked up a nice little Bardock key-ring as well as a figure of Cui, only £3.99 and has really good detail for such a cheap figure, not that big but detailed.

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:34 am

got these bad boys. all sealed! (except for the collected works of hayao)

I've nearly finished my sealed collection now. just need 2 laser discs 'the worlds strongest' and 'dead zone'. let me know if anyone has them, even if they arent sealed! thanks

Lucky_Deity

Post by Lucky_Deity » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:00 pm

Update - My Brother is getting me Xenoverse 2 on PS4 for my Birthday on Wednesday, been meaning to pick it up for so long, have sunk so many hours into the original, will have a lot of DLC to buy for Xenoverse 2 though, but will keep with just the base game for now, until I get money for the DLC.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:34 pm

Lucky_Deity wrote:Update - My Brother is getting me Xenoverse 2 on PS4 for my Birthday on Wednesday, been meaning to pick it up for so long, have sunk so many hours into the original, will have a lot of DLC to buy for Xenoverse 2 though, but will keep with just the base game for now, until I get money for the DLC.
Keep an eye out for sales.

The last Dragon Ball related purchase for me was Season 2 of Dragon Ball Z Kai (for my brother's birthday present).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:04 am

Recently, I purchased the entire Z portion of the Dragon Ball VIZBIG releases. I just ordered the whole Dragon Ball series off Amazon last Sunday, and am expected them to arrive sometime this weekend. This is only a temporary placement for all my manga; until I get a proper bookshelf, that is. The benefits of working at a Barnes & Nobles does you wonders.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:08 am

[spoiler]
kudo6000 wrote:Recently, I purchased the entire Z portion of the Dragon Ball VIZBIG releases. I just ordered the whole Dragon Ball series off Amazon last Sunday, and am expected them to arrive sometime this weekend. This is only a temporary placement for all my manga; until I get a proper bookshelf, that is. The benefits of working at a Barnes & Nobles does you wonders.
[/spoiler]
Oooooo man what kind of discounts do you get for yourself? I've been itching to get some manga but it's so dang expensive to collect for something like Bleach or whatever that has 70+ volumes. Maybe I'll get a job at B&N haha.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:19 am

I get an employee discount of 20% towards all store merchandise. I actually picked up those two build-them-up figures from the store. It's great.

I only bought volumes 1-6 from work, and bought the rest from eBay.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 am

bigray wrote:got these bad boys. all sealed! (except for the collected works of hayao)

I've nearly finished my sealed collection now. just need 2 laser discs 'the worlds strongest' and 'dead zone'. let me know if anyone has them, even if they arent sealed! thanks

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Cool mate! I know you've been after sealed sets for a while now, so it's great your making progress! Very jealous of the Laser Disc.. they are great for framing.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:09 am

LordCrumb wrote:This DBZ set is something I have wanted for so long, but have never had the chance to get them. Yes, it cost me a LOT ($US320, $NZ108 shipping, $NZ183 import tax), but I thought to hell with it, I NEEDED them, so I got them.
That was a really good buy as 320 divided by 49 is 6.5$ a piece. I've also wanted those for the longest time but so far haven't gotten to them.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:00 pm

LordCrumb wrote:
bigray wrote:got these bad boys. all sealed! (except for the collected works of hayao)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Cool mate! I know you've been after sealed sets for a while now, so it's great your making progress! Very jealous of the Laser Disc.. they are great for framing.
Thanks! I need 5 more box sets plus laser discs. So nearly there.

I never thought to frame the laser disc!

I just scrolled through the page and saw your post. Gotta get rid of some non dbz dvds to fit those on lol

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:24 am

bigray wrote: Thanks! I need 5 more box sets plus laser discs. So nearly there.

I never thought to frame the laser disc!

I just scrolled through the page and saw your post. Gotta get rid of some non dbz dvds to fit those on lol
Yeah you should definitely check out some frame options. I have a small select range of Laserdiscs, and have them framed and they look really nice. If your not planning on viewing them frequently, its better than having them just on a shelf imo.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:43 am

The French db super Collector box is my latest purchase.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:02 pm

I just bought the first three "Dragon Ball Full Color" manga volumes.

I've been meaning to replace the .... mistakes ... I made when when I was younger with what I wanted.
Now seemed a good chance as any.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:13 am

Movie hype is sinking in! WCD Vol.1 just basically got that for Grotesque Zamasu, Prince Vegeta WCFs I am happy about all 6 for ¥3,500 when the rare screaming one goes for almost that much alone couldn't say no!

Also just put in an order for DBS Part 4. But this is basically me done until October now (DBS Part 5, FES UI Goku & WCD Vol.2) then after what will be a HUGE December...!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:44 pm

I pre-ordered the new 11 inch Ichiban Kuji Full Power Broly figure. Hopefully I'll be able to make room for him before he gets here :P

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:57 pm

I managed to find someone selling the Raditz and Nappa Personality Cards from the old Dragon Ball Z CCG.
Found someone selling the Metal Cooler cards as well.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:20 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I pre-ordered the new 11 inch Ichiban Kuji Full Power Broly figure. Hopefully I'll be able to make room for him before he gets here :P
I really need to start clearing some space too. Like I have to put Geandista UI Goku on my desk!

My 15,000yen for the new movie budget is all gone didn't get to pre order Masterlise SSGSS Goku, New Character B (hopefully it's just another form of A) and WCF's so will have to have the stress of waiting until release to find
good deals on them...

WCF's in general gonna be pain, apparently overseas only allowed to sell them as entire or half cases or single as blind box if ordering online. Japan is 11,000yen for the entire set of 6 that is f**king ridiculous. I pray this is the end of 6&4 ratios please, Banpresto never ratio One Piece like this from what I've seen instead DB is stuck with this BS.

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:08 pm

I bought the Base Goku DLC because I was trying to look for a replacement for Freeza on my team...but I completely SUCK with him and Freeza got a buff to boot...I might just go back to using him.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:28 pm

TheBigBoy wrote:I bought the Base Goku DLC because I was trying to look for a replacement for Freeza on my team...but I completely SUCK with him and Freeza got a buff to boot...I might just go back to using him.
Base Goku as in, the normal Son Goku character isn't free on FighterZ but rather a paid DLC character? Jeez, the game is a masterpiece in its own right but the way the DLC has been handled has been pretty terrible.