What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SheonGT

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by SheonGT » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:47 am

Trunks-Mysterious Youth DVD single. One of my favorite parts of the show and it took me this long to get it considering I’ve been collecting singles for six months now.
Ask me about my love for the Faulconer Productions score!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:39 am

September shipment finally arrived!
For first time in a while I didn't pre order anything but luckily managed to find good deals on everything for example managed to find the BoS SSGSS KK Goku for ¥867 no fees!

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:09 pm

I bought the following:

Someone was selling it with what I was really after:

I also bought this:

I also intend to buy this:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:40 pm

Latest pickup for mine is the Japanese DBZ DBOX Vol 2:

Also got the DBZ Madman VHS for capturing an Edited version slowly during the last 1-2 years, but I'm selling those to a friend who's collecting the Madman releases next year. Had a long hiatus where I didn't look into DB (or Anime in general) for a good while, but recently got interest again and got the urge to go for the japanese DBOX sets, maybe cause I sold my FUNi DBOX sets in 2014 which I now regret, looking at the Ebay prices and the japanese ones now seem more easy to get. :cry: Hoping to get the Dragon Ball release next.

TLM Reviews

Post by TLM Reviews » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:41 am

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:Latest pickup for mine is the Japanese DBZ DBOX Vol 2:

Also got the DBZ Madman VHS for capturing an Edited version slowly during the last 1-2 years, but I'm selling those to a friend who's collecting the Madman releases next year. Had a long hiatus where I didn't look into DB (or Anime in general) for a good while, but recently got interest again and got the urge to go for the japanese DBOX sets, maybe cause I sold my FUNi DBOX sets in 2014 which I now regret, looking at the Ebay prices and the japanese ones now seem more easy to get. :cry: Hoping to get the Dragon Ball release next.
Thats really cool man!! I have been trying to get the japanese dragom boxes for years now, just haven't had the money to invest into them...do you mind sharing the price you got yours for? And where you got them?? Thanks

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:21 pm

TLM Reviews wrote:Thats really cool man!! I have been trying to get the japanese dragom boxes for years now, just haven't had the money to invest into them...do you mind sharing the price you got yours for? And where you got them?? Thanks
Got mine off Ebay for $400 NZD incl shipping :)

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:32 pm

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:
TLM Reviews wrote:Thats really cool man!! I have been trying to get the japanese dragom boxes for years now, just haven't had the money to invest into them...do you mind sharing the price you got yours for? And where you got them?? Thanks
Got mine off Ebay for $400 NZD incl shipping :)
Damn, with the figure included and the great condition of the box I'd say that's a great deal.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:38 pm

For that price it was, compared to the other listings on there. The box isn't perfect, some wear in places and the top has detached a tiny bit, but the discs are perfect and the Dragon Book seems like it's never been touched. lol Shame it didn't come with the packaging box but good for me I guess as I wouldn't have anywhere to put it.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:05 pm

I would like to say Android arc Full Color Volumes by Viz Media but that will never come out.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheNamekGio
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheNamekGio » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:13 pm

Sorry I'm posting again. It's just that I've been having DB fever lately. Here are my latest purchases. I already had the collectors edition on Xbox but I had to sell it. So I went ahead and picked up the PS4 version.

I'm a DB veteran thats paid my DB dues!!

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 am

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:Latest pickup for mine is the Japanese DBZ DBOX Vol 2:

Thanks again :D

I thought you backed them all up though?

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:39 pm

LordCrumb wrote:
BluezaBladeNZ wrote:Thanks again :D[/url]

I thought you backed them all up though?

heh Yeah, you got them at a good time. I do have the all the discs on HDD from years back but this is mainly for rebuilding my collection a bit and if I ever needed to free up space for other uncommon releases. Got the Dragon Ball set as well which should arrive next week hopefully. Doesn't have the diorama set but have no room to put that anyway.

SheonGT

Post by SheonGT » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:25 pm

Forte224 wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Forte224 wrote:I decided to start collecting the 4:3 movies. I saw these 2 at a local store for cheap and decided I should go ahead and get them all over time. I'm just trying to remember if the DB movies are available in 4:3 at all.

Also, can anyone confirm if the Lord Slug disc has a weird feel to it? The image on mine looks kind of blurry and holographic and feels rough. I'm just concerned I got a fake disc. Any help would be appreciated. I'd post a pic of the disc but it doesn't really do it justice.

I assume your Lord Slug DVD is the Uncut version?
I just examined mine, I did not feel any "roughness" on the disc.
Mind taking a picture of the disc for comparison sake?
Not sure how much a pic will help but thanks for checking:

EDIT: Uh wow, not sure why it got formatted like this, sorry.
for what it's worth, my Lord Slug single is like this
Ask me about my love for the Faulconer Productions score!

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Ah, that's helpful. Thanks!

DragonbaIlZ

Post by DragonbaIlZ » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:33 pm

My most recent purchase for pretty cheap! Anyone out there know which episode this may be from or willing to help me find it? :)

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:58 am

It's not the one where he is deciding to either heal Vegeta or not during the Frieza saga is it?

Could also be right up the the Cell saga.. might be tricky, but i'm certain somewhere knows DBZ frame by frame.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:26 pm

Next one down, the Dragon Ball DBOX set:

No diorama set but not concerned, no room for it. Condition isn't perfect, the spines looked to be sunfaded and the discs have some surface scratches only seen under a certain light and little white paint chips on the top and back of the box (somehow. lol), but everything else seems to be good. Still not use to the very matte-feel of the cases and the outer for Dragon Book :lol:

Either Z Vol 1 or GT will be next but might be longer till then with Christmas and so coming up.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:09 pm

Nice one! Well done :)

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:16 pm

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:Next one down, the Dragon Ball DBOX set:

No diorama set but not concerned, no room for it. Condition isn't perfect, the spines looked to be sunfaded and the discs have some surface scratches only seen under a certain light and little white paint chips on the top and back of the box (somehow. lol), but everything else seems to be good. Still not use to the very matte-feel of the cases and the outer for Dragon Book :lol:

Either Z Vol 1 or GT will be next but might be longer till then with Christmas and so coming up.
Does look lovely but TOEI is probably already planning on remastering DB, Z and GT for upcoming Blu-ray releases and it'll make the Dragon Box DVD boxsets obsolete.

The Bardock special looks amazing in high def so I can't imagine how wowed I'd be seeing Z with that quality.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:10 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:[Does look lovely but TOEI is probably already planning on remastering DB, Z and GT for upcoming Blu-ray releases and it'll make the Dragon Box DVD boxsets obsolete.

The Bardock special looks amazing in high def so I can't imagine how wowed I'd be seeing Z with that quality.
I know, it's mainly for collection reasons, wanted to get these sets for years. :)