What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by bigray » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:51 am

Bryesque wrote:
So cool. Hugely jealous of these finds, these are my holy grails. Though I don't even wanna know how much they ran you. :lol:
If they are the ones that were listed on the sales thread then he got them cheaper than you think!

jumpshot22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jumpshot22 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:49 am

bigray wrote:
Bryesque wrote:
So cool. Hugely jealous of these finds, these are my holy grails. Though I don't even wanna know how much they ran you. :lol:
If they are the ones that were listed on the sales thread then he got them cheaper than you think!
Correct! :P

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:13 am

jumpshot22 wrote:
bigray wrote:
Bryesque wrote:
Niiiice. I had to dig up those posts. Great find! Enjoy the records and my jealousy. :lol:

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:01 am

As I just started getting back into Dragon Ball thanks to Super these were all recent

* Battle of the Gods Bluray/DVD
* DB Super Manga Vol 1 for Kindle (waiting for part 2 to be available for the Kindle too)
* Majin Vegeta sweat pants. :)
* 2 Vegeta/Trunks figures

https://myfigurecollection.net/picture/ ... d%3A440826

https://myfigurecollection.net/picture/ ... d%3A496682

And as soon as it is solicited I'll buy Super part 3. I expect it will be out in January.

jumpshot22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jumpshot22 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:00 pm

Bryesque wrote:
jumpshot22 wrote:
bigray wrote:
Niiiice. I had to dig up those posts. Great find! Enjoy the records and my jealousy. :lol:
Thanks! They're one of the holy grails of my collection...including my WSJ 1984 #51 :D :lol:

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:46 pm

jumpshot22 wrote:
Bryesque wrote:
jumpshot22 wrote: Correct! :P
Thanks! They're one of the holy grails of my collection...including my WSJ 1984 #51 :D :lol:
:shock:

I'm starting to think you should open a Dragon Ball museum.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Got this yesterday for 20 bucks.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:19 am

This incredibly awesome Shenron Pop Vinyl. I love the detail with the scales here, as well as the nice touch of having the Four Star Ball be forward-facing!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:51 am

I don't think this needed its own thread so hoping this is okay to ask here:

This may be a lost cause but does anyone know where in the US you can buy the Japanese episodes of DBZ digitally?

I notice you have the option to buy the two latest films either dubbed or subbed but the episodes only come dubbed. It drives me crazy. I feel like Amazon at least should have the technology to allow you to switch languages. But I guess they don't care. I've been enjoying watching episodes on my commute to work but I'd much prefer to watch it subbed. So if anyone knows a place to purchase these Id be grateful.

One thing that is nice about the digital dub is they do have the Japanese music and ending song (the opening song is not Japanese though which is disappointing)

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:17 am

My wife and I noticed this at the local con over the weekend at a decent price and couldn't resist:

The women often get overly exaggerated and "T&A'ed up" in these kind of figures and statues, so it's nice seeing a more screen-accurate representation here.

Here's No.18 with her backup dancers. :D

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:18 am

Got a thing :clap:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:41 pm

mute_proxy wrote:Got a thing :clap:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I like this. Would place on my bookshelf.

Bear

Post by Bear » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:00 am

Madman movie 4-6 pack off of eBay. Gotta have those Japanese credits and title cards.
Big Green: And you say you're the prince of the Space Warriors.
Vejituh: Oh Big Green, face reali-TY!

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Got me a bunch of chibi Cell and Boo arc figures. 8)

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:20 am

Actually not a purchase of mine, but I just wanted to report this.
This auction, which is too expensive, gathers all the releases of the magazines "Birdland Press" (the newsletter of Akira Toriyama's official fan club), for 1000000 JPY - 8.845,512 $: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k264721534
These are the only source to read the two first mangas released by Toriyama because they are rare, especially # 3-4-5-6.
Mysterious Rain Man Jack , second manga of the sensei, has been released officially only in "Bird Land Press" # 3-4, published in two parts in October 1982 and January 1983 respectively.
Awawa World, first manga of the sensei, has been released officially only in "Bird Land Press" # 5-6, published in two parts in March and May 1983 respectively.
Original manuscripts of these two mangas travelled around Japan in the mid-1990s as part of a Toriyama art exhibition. Awawa World and Mysterious Rain Man Jack will probably never be published in Tankobon or Kanzenban form because several pages of the originals were stolen during this tour! Very rare, one of the rarest things drawn by Toriyama in the past by far.
Is there a chance to gather a huge genkidama-fundraiser of fans of this community in order to get scanned # 3-4-5-6? Another chance woulb be to report this bid auction to Bird Studio/Shueisha in order to get a reprint of these two very rare manga.
Do you have any suggestions? Feel free to contribute in some way, we are talking about the chance to read the first two stories of Toriyama-sensei!

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:24 pm

Oh my sweet corn bread guys! I just ordered THIS finally!!! Had some extras too! Under $700. Just gotta wait for shipping. I'm so excited. I will post more pics once they all arrive.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:14 am

Thanks to User Drayenko for the sale. All five seasons have their original booklets too. Finally decided to pick these up to complete the "Brick" sets.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Nothing major, but got these three recently at a pawn shop for 1/2 or less of the retail cost:

Was this close to picking up the Super blu-rays new, too. They're missing the slipcovers, but for half-off, who cares? :)

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Bryesque wrote:Nothing major, but got these three recently at a pawn shop for 1/2 or less of the retail cost:

Was this close to picking up the Super blu-rays new, too. They're missing the slipcovers, but for half-off, who cares? :)
Nice find! So many things don't even have slipcovers anyway that I usually take them off from the start so my collection looks consistent

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Most recent purchase is Vegeta, Cell, and Battle Damaged Gohan Figuarts.
El Conejo Malo