Live Action Movie Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:49 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:Now that I have returned to the current time-line, I must say that the movie wasn't really that bad. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but it did kinda set it up for a sequel, but not in the way you guys might imagine... It was actually pretty cool, because Piccolo increased his size like in the Majunior vs. Goku fight at the end of the series, and stepped on Gohan. That was actually cool and almost like what Goku did in his Oozaru form.

Overall it was a good film, and well worth the journey into the future. When it comes out in this time-line I will see it again.
Are you on the worst person in the world?, what the hell just happened?
I traveled into the future via Trunks' time machine and saw the film... :?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:53 pm

Is there some kind of inside joke that I'm missing here, because if there isn't you should definitly lay of the smack for a while.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:53 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Is there some kind of inside joke that I'm missing here, becabosd error:in maintenence it is imperitice that it works the workd definitly lay of the smack for a while.
Nah, just having a tease! The negativity was killing me! :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:18 am

Chrono Trigger wrote:We're Dragon Ball fans. Nothing EVER satisfies us. EVER.
Viz's DragonBall: The Complete Illustrations seems to have gone over well with everybody.
SonEric84 wrote:I believe it was right before Vegeta turns Oozaru on Goku. It's something like "We ran into some radical weaponry on Rygal 7, things were looking grim until your father did this. Your father was an average fighter, but he was a brilliant scientist!!!" I think that's pretty close.

Edit: Here it is....I guess I had it word for word. :P
Ah, OK. I knew about the "brilliant scientist" part of the speech, but not about that. I haven't seen much of the dub before the very late Freeza stuff. Does anyone else think it would have been funny if in their dub of GT, Funi went and renamed whatever that metal planet Gil was from "Rygal 7"? It'd make perfect sense.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:41 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:Much appreciated and I actually did go back and look at one of your previous posts where you used that code to figure out the url code.

Anyways, I didn't know that site was run by a member here :shock: So keep up the good work there and I'll keep coming back to you for the news.
Yes whoever runs it does a hell of a good job. :lol:

Does anyone know if Chris Sabat was at Otakon 2008? Could be relevant if he was...
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:53 am

JAPPO wrote:Does anyone know if Chris Sabat was at Otakon 2008? Could be relevant if he was...
Don't believe he was... Would have made sure to visit his panel if he had been there.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:10 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:
JAPPO wrote:Does anyone know if Chris Sabat was at Otakon 2008? Could be relevant if he was...
Don't believe he was... Would have made sure to visit his panel if he had been there.
Are you positive? Is it possible that he just visited? Did the other DB voice actors attend?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:46 pm

Sabat's stance on the film seems to be if it's good it's good if it's bad they can make fun of it at the cons. :lol:
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:22 pm

Well if anyone knows for certain (without a doubt) please tell me.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Okay, I'm not bashing Goku's outfits in the movie by saying this, but I was just thinking of something that wou;d've been really cool had they done it.

Wouldn't it have been awesome for Goku's normal outfits (i.e. not his dogi) to reflect some of the normal clothes Goku has worn on manga covers, in movies, and during the time just before the Cell game? I figure that the outfits would be changed a bit (in the same way the Kame dogi has been changed) but overall they could be recognized as stuff from the manga and whatnot. Most people probably wouldn't get it or care but to the really hardcore fans who have good eyes they could get a special treat that would make the "ZOMG Goku Parker in HAI SKOOL call MTV!!!!111" scenes more worth watching.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:12 pm

I honestly think that the jacket and jeans outfit (that Goku wears) as seen in pictures, has something to do with Master Roshi's training, becuase Roshi is wearing almost the exact thing. Perhaps they are weighted clothing? It'd also be funny to find out if Roshi was wearing a wig to impress the ladies.

This high school talk is getting old, they have already stated it doesn't last long. Chances are Goku's going to drop out, I can just feel it. I also read in an interview somebody mentioned it as a possibilty, or he graduates. If he drops high school, that would really stay true to Goku's character, and the writers would obviously somewhat know what they are doing.

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:18 pm

Doesn't that send a bad message to the kids?
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:20 pm

ultimateemail5000 wrote:It'd also be funny to find out if Roshi was wearing a wig to impress the ladies.
A weighted wig for training?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:27 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
ultimateemail5000 wrote:It'd also be funny to find out if Roshi was wearing a wig to impress the ladies.
A weighted wig for training?
Or maybe... a blue one? With super glue?
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:45 pm

Pain wrote:Doesn't that send a bad message to the kids?
In the manga, he never went to school in the first place, so it can't be any worse than the original.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:07 pm

ultimateemail5000 wrote:This high school talk is getting old, they have already stated it doesn't last long. Chances are Goku's going to drop out, I can just feel it. I also read in an interview somebody mentioned it as a possibilty, or he graduates. If he drops high school, that would really stay true to Goku's character, and the writers would obviously somewhat know what they are doing.
Is this rant because of me? If so, you're going to have to get over the fact that, no matter how little of the movie focuses on Goku in High School, I'm still going to make fun of the idea. Its not like I'm attacking you or someone who thinks that the High School angle is awesometastical or something. I just poked fun at the High School angle as a minor point in my larger, more important point of Goku's clothing relfecting non-dogi clothing we've seen him in on manga covers and such.

Seriously, let's try and make this thread last more than four pages. Don't get offended by my not liking something and vocalizing it in a lighthearted manner.
(they/she)

Joey Batz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Joey Batz » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:30 pm

Am I the only one that doesn't think Chatwin will be the worst Goku ever (well it's nice to see people warming up to him after hearing he read the manga)? I mean, of course the movie isn't going to be exactly like the original story; there's no way they could make a live action version of the original manga or something. It's simply an adaptation, nothing more. Just like the Spider-Man movies, the X-Men movies, etc. Plus, we never saw Goku at high school age (or looking like he's high school aged). Even though he goes from being 15 to 18 in the manga (from the King Piccolo fight to the Ma Jr. fight), in appearance he goes from small child to adult. It would be a little silly if Chatwin walked around throughout the whole movie giggling like Kid Goku, wouldn't it? When I first heard of Goku being in high school, I assumed he would play it as early Buu Saga Gohan. Inept and innocent, but not too childish. That seems to be the best way to go (yes, I know I just called for Chatwin to pretty much portray Gohan in the movie and still call himself Goku, but you all know what I mean).

Of course, I really want to see the character Emi, played by Shavon Kirksey. I never heard of the actress, but she looks HOT!

I also read the fake script posted on this thread. I love how Pilaf is a Namekian who knows Goku is a Saiyan. And how he's not an idiot. Quite the amusing take on it, especially considering how Bulma is suddenly shooting people John Woo style.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:08 pm

Is it just me or does his dôgi look really uncomfortable, espicially to fight in?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:43 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Is it just me or does his dôgi look really uncomfortable, espicially to fight in?
Looks alright to me. Plenty of room to move the arms and legs.
(they/she)

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:00 am

Pain wrote:Doesn't that send a bad message to the kids?
If any kid is stupid enough to drop out of school because a movie character did, they're not gonna get much higher than "ditchdigger" even if they graduated.