Live Action Movie Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:23 am

That would be totally great, I can only imagine how Masako Nozawa's voice would sound on Chatwin. Goku's muscular body and constant fighting helped him maintain a masculine feel despite his voice, but I don't know if Chatwin will be able to act out her voice as well as Goku!

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:09 am

Actually rumor has it the guy who did the crane master (tsurru-sennin or something) and puaar is doing the voice over in Japan for the trailer.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:07 am

Brad Redfield wrote:Y'know, I have to wonder...when the movie is released in Japan, do you think they'll go the "Hokuto no Ken" route and dub the movie using the original anime voice actors?

I would love to see that. :D
Didn't VIZ do that for the american dub of the Death Note LAM?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Brad Redfield wrote:Y'know, I have to wonder...when the movie is released in Japan, do you think they'll go the "Hokuto no Ken" route and dub the movie using the original anime voice actors?

I would love to see that. :D
Didn't VIZ do that for the american dub of the Death Note LAM?
I don't think so. I think they had the American VAs though. Ocean did Death Note.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:59 pm

There has been an interview with Shavon Kirksey (Emi);
LAA: In the movie you play a character named Emi. Fans have been curious about this character as she is new to the Dragonball universe. What can you tell us about her role in the film and about her character in general?

Shavon: Well, my character was made up for the film. Emi and Chi Chi are best friends in the movie. We are the “it” girls on our high school campus, and we only like to hang out with other popular kids and the football players, so we can maintain our popular image. Everyone wants to be in our circle but emi wont allow it unless she thinks your cool enough [laughs]. But emi is a cool down to earth girl and she’s very smart, but she just wants everyone to see her as the perfect popular girl.
Source: http://dbthemovie.com/

Sounds like your typical DragonBall girl!
Just kidding of course. XD

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:12 pm

LAA: In the movie you play a character named Emi. Fans have been curious about this character as she is new to the Dragonball universe. What can you tell us about her role in the film and about her character in general?

Shavon: Well, my character was made up for the film. Emi and Chi Chi are best friends in the movie. We are the “it” girls on our high school campus, and we only like to hang out with other popular kids and the football players, so we can maintain our popular image. Everyone wants to be in our circle but emi wont allow it unless she thinks your cool enough [laughs]. But emi is a cool down to earth girl and she’s very smart, but she just wants everyone to see her as the perfect popular girl.

One step forward, two steps back.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:21 pm

Bura why didn't you post the interview with Chow Yun Fat and Emmy Rossum ?
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:51 pm

Because this was the newest? Why don't you post it? XD

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:59 pm

I don't know. I just thought you would have posted that first seeing as how it had two significantly more important actors talking about their infinitely more important characters instead of someone with a small part, who clearly doesn't have much to do with the movie. :lol:
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:05 pm

How do you know how much it has to do with the movie though?
Trans rights, now!

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:09 pm

It has to be right ? Justin Chatwin, Chow Yun Fat, Emmy Rossum, and James Marsters haven't spoken about it the High School bit yet. So it can't be to important can it ? Not to mention the actual High School scenes were filmed in about 2 weeks. How much time can be in a movie ? The guy that plays "Teto" filmed his stuff in 3 days. So what's 3 days to the SIX months it took to film the rest of the movie ?

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:15 pm

Yeah, when you put it that way it doesn't seem like much...but something about the mention of high school football players in dragon ball makes my stomach turn a bit. I guess we'll find out though.
Trans rights, now!

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:27 pm

I feel like the High School phase will be short and forgettable. If there ever is a sequel they probably won't ever bring up High School or all the original characters ever again. I've said this before but you've got Granpa Gohan giving Goku the 4 star Dragon Ball, Bulma is still a genious who builds the Dragon Radar and goes on a quest with Goku. Goku wears a Blue Gi and uses a staff, Yamcha still lives in the desert, Roshi is still a shameless pervert, and Piccolo is still evil and was sealed away in a jar by Master Mutaito with the Mafuba Technique. Clearly SOMEBODY read the Manga. Somebody had to in order to know some of this stuff. I would never EVER expect them to have things like the Blue Gi, Master Mutaito, and knowing the significance of the 4 star ball. I'll just never understand WHY they put Goku in High School. They had to have had a good reason for it. At least I hope so. Either way it's still a very small part of the movie that will be quickly forgotten in the long run.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:32 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:

One step forward, two steps back.
You never get anywhere like that.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:52 pm

Raki wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:One step forward, two steps back.
Unless you're walking backwards.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:04 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Raki wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:One step forward, two steps back.
Unless you're walking backwards.
Or flying. :wink:
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:03 pm

October 17th - JUDGMENT DAY.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:08 pm

I seriously doubt a short teaser trailer will tip anyone's opinions.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:20 pm

Shavon: Well, my character was made up for the film. Emi and Chi Chi are best friends in the movie. We are the “it” girls on our high school campus, and we only like to hang out with other popular kids and the football players, so we can maintain our popular image. Everyone wants to be in our circle but Emi wont allow it unless she thinks your cool enough [laughs]. But emi is a cool down to earth girl and she’s very smart, but she just wants everyone to see her as the perfect popular girl.
Isn't that a complete contradiction, if she's so "down to earth" (ugh, I hate that cliche) then why does she have a problem with people who aren't "cool enough"?

-EDIT- nice to see the forum is working again, when did it come back up?
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:42 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Shavon: Well, my character was made up for the film. Emi and Chi Chi are best friends in the movie. We are the “it” girls on our high school campus, and we only like to hang out with other popular kids and the football players, so we can maintain our popular image. Everyone wants to be in our circle but Emi wont allow it unless she thinks your cool enough [laughs]. But emi is a cool down to earth girl and she’s very smart, but she just wants everyone to see her as the perfect popular girl.
Isn't that a complete contradiction, if she's so "down to earth" (ugh, I hate that cliche) then why does she have a problem with people who aren't "cool enough"?

-EDIT- nice to see the forum is working again, when did it come back up?

The forum came back some time early this morning. X3
I missed it. I was counting the days it was gone, waiting for it to come back up. ^^;

Bleh to the "high school drama". Never been a fan of that sort of thing. You can be the most popular "it girl" in high school and still end up in a horrible life situation several years down the road when you don't get into your dream college or get mixed up with drugs or get knocked up and have your boyfriend leave you after he finds out.

I have seen it happen to people, I'm just saying.

And I still see Chi-Chi as more of a "Class Representative" than one of the "it girls" if DB were to metaphorically be set in a high school. -_O
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!